Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bush: No to 'Gay Pride Month'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Bush: No to 'Gay Pride Month'

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Homosexual activists are fuming over President Bush's refusal to declare June "Gay Pride Month."

Nevertheless, without official support, several groups of federal workers are still planning activities.

Leonard Hirsch, president of Federal GLOBE — the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Federal Employee’s organization — told the Washington Blade, a homosexual weekly, that events are scheduled at the departments of Transportation, State, Interior and the USDA, while other agencies have said they will not sanction events without White House approval.

"We have continued to be boxed in a Catch-22 because agencies are saying that they can't provide support or statements unless the White House puts forth a proclamation," he said. "And of course the White House has not."

During the Clinton administration, the annual day was supported with taxpayer dollars and government facilities.

Allison Nichol, president of the Department of Justice Gay Pride group, said she is "not at all confident" that her request for the department to sponsor a Pride event would be approved. Nichol said that last year, the FBI scheduled a Pride event but Attorney General John Ashcroft canceled it.

2004/6/15 23:55Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re: Bush: No to 'Gay Pride Month'

Oh my gosh! That's so great. I'm so glad that Bush has enough conviction not to condone the sin of homosexuality. Praise God! But my heart is sad for God, because of those who want to continue in their darkenss.

2004/6/16 12:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy