SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The end of war

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The end of war

This may not be a real 'spiritual' topic, but it was on my mind. The bible says in the kingdom of God the lion will lay down with the sheep. There will be no violence. I just cant imagine it. Can you. It's almost too much to comprehend.
I was listening to some of my old Jimi hendrix stuff, and on one of his albums he has a song called 'Machine Gun'. It was performed live at the height of the vietnam war. He served in the military by the way and fought in the 101st airborne division 'hoooorah'...... anyhoo.........this song is all about what it's like to fight in a battle. The guitar work is awesome, he's freestyling the whole way through so it makes it that much better and the passion in his words can almost take you there. I'll be glad to see a worls without any fighting or war.

2008/3/14 23:28
HeartSong

Re: The end of war

Principles of a Most Holy War - Keith Daniel

2008/3/15 0:18Profile
Swordbearer

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1865&commentView=itemComments]Finished With The World - Keith Daniel[/url]

2008/3/15 20:45Profile

Re:

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm finished with legalism myself.

2008/3/15 21:26

Re:

:-D I wonder if Joel Olsteen and Kieth Daniels could get along? I can just see them sitting there on the front porch with a big tall glass of sweet tea, laughing and telling jokes with a flowery garden right behind them watching the butterflys land on the flowers. 8-)

2008/3/15 22:13
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:

Legalism? You believe Keith Daniel is a legalist? Would you care to defend this claim with some proof?

In Christ,

Ron

2008/3/15 22:43Profile

Re:

Quote:

InTheLight wrote:
Quote:

Legalism? You believe Keith Daniel is a legalist? Would you care to defend this claim with some proof?

In Christ,

Ron

Sure! If you can show mw how he's NOT a legalist.
It's kind of funny to me, how I mention something about a dead rock singer and people start throwing mesages at me without any thing else said. Reminds me of the way I used to be. I LOVE IT!!! It never fails. If I said I ate at Red lobster last night instead of staying locked up in my home, and eating dry bread and drinking water someone would probably throw some other kind of legalistic teaching at me.
Look buddy, I don't know you, I'm not in a group 'click' on here, I could care less what the religious crowd thinks about me, my only reason for being here is that by some chance, some poor soul that might stumble across this website and be infected by the poision of the pharisees might see that there are christians who are NORMAL and it is o.k. to laugh and enjoy life.
Most people on here avoid me like the plague after they see my sign on name anyway. I LIKE IT THAT WAY.
And if I do decide to really spend some time and offer some sound stable teaching, my thread gets shot down, or locked, so whats the point? Not really in the fighting mood. I just like to laugh and try to make up for the religious hell I was in for so many years. Life is good. God is good. I thank God that I have one more day to watch my little girl play, talk to my wife, and enjoy the family and the people God has put in my life.

2008/3/15 23:15
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Look buddy, I don't know you, I'm not in a group 'click' on here, I could care less what the religious crowd thinks about me, my only reason for being here is that by some chance, some poor soul that might stumble across this website and be infected by the poision of the pharisees might see that there are christians who are NORMAL and it is o.k. to laugh and enjoy life

Quote:
And if I do decide to really spend some time and offer some sound stable teaching, my thread gets shot down, or locked, so whats the point?

Dear friend, please put down the gloves for a second (and turn off Band of Gypsies) and do explain how you've decided Keith Daniel is a legalist. You've publically made that insinuation, and now you are obliged to show why.
The stance you are taking here is not a beneficial one, certainly not conducive to healthy Christian discussion leading to edification.

Quote:
my only reason for being here is that by some chance, some poor soul that might stumble across this website and be infected by the poision of the pharisees might see that there are christians who are NORMAL

And this is the fruit of your "being here"? It is [i]far from normal[/i] to libel a greatly esteemed and proven man of God on this or any website without proper cause and indisputable evidence. And, yes, some poor soul might be reading this.

2008/3/16 0:07Profile

Re:

Is that a picture of you? Nice scetch, and hair. It's not everyone you run across that knows that album. ;-) Cool. I knew by the hair you were a Hendrix fan. Paul West, I don't have any gloves on. Alright, Keith Daniels message on Judgement coming to America was very OFFENSIVE to me as an AMERICAN and it screamed legalism. All youve got to do is listen to it. Maybe the end of America is at hand. It's possible, but not because of Gods judgement. If America falls it will be Americas fault, NOT the Judgement of God. This (last time I checked) is the AGE OF GRACE. These are the times that God winked at. He's not on the judgement seat. HIS SON IS ON THE MERCY SEAT. Is this enough?

2008/3/16 0:30
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Is this enough?

You are glorifying Jimi Hendrix, a dead drug-addict/occultist, as an ambassador of peace and in the same breath anathematizing Keith Daniel for preaching God's judgment on America. Yes, I think it is enough....

2008/3/16 0:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy