SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How do we learn?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

How do we learn?

How do we learn?

Isaiah 28:9-16 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves: Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Isaiah 28:26-29 For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him. For the fitches are not threshed with a threshing instrument, neither is a cart wheel turned about upon the cummin; but the fitches are beaten out with a staff, and the cummin with a rod. Bread corn is bruised; because he will not ever be threshing it, nor break it with the wheel of his cart, nor bruise it with his horsemen. This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.

How can we truly help each other to see the truth that is of God?

1Cr 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

The truth will set you free.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/3/11 14:29Profile

Re: How do we learn?

My first thought after my usual first thought was by "testing all things".

Philip, I wanted to ask you a question on the Sabbath thread, but it was locked.

I will quote you here from that thread and ask you a question, if you don't mind.

-------------------------------------------------
Quote: "Who is the Word of God?

John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Let us comprehend it, Christ is a Person and He by the Father's Seed has been placed in us and now we are perfect before God without the Law of Commandments that led us to Christ. The Spirit of Christ is now ours.

-------------------------------------------------

Philip, do you believe that Jesus was always and always will be The Eternal GOD ? Infinite, before the incarnation and after the ascension and for all eternity - past - present and future ? The One True GOD though Triune ?

I'm just not sure I got your answer in this quote above.

Thank you!

2008/3/11 21:28
dohzman

Quote:
The truth will set you free.

The whole of John 8 is good and the order with which this scripture comes down to us is really important but here's the whole matter in a nut shell Joh 8:31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, you really are My disciples.
Joh 8:32 You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

we learn by doing >>>How can we truly help each other to see the truth that is of God?>>>simply living the doctrines of Christ. Nothig else will do, no amount of teaching, no amount of learning, The gospel is to be believed and done.

2008/3/11 22:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""Philip, do you believe that Jesus was always and always will be The Eternal GOD ? Infinite, before the incarnation and after the ascension and for all eternity - past - present and future ? The One True GOD though Triune?""

Yes, that is why we are to be perfect as He is Perfect. We must ask how do we become perfect?
The answer lies not in our self or self works or works of any kind, but in the Person of Jesus Christ who is birthed in us by the Father's Incorruptable Seed.

So how are we perfect, being imperfect by our old man nature which is Satan in you, the hope of death and separation from God? Perfect By the New Man Nature, which is Christ in you. Here is that mystery, Satan out Christ in.

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

My favorite scripture along with; Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
And; Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I am dead to sin, the Law and all that kept me from the God who loves us so much, He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will have everlasting Life.

I am alive unto God by the Faith of Jesus Christ in me, by the fulfillment of the Law perfectly in me, Dead and resurrected with Him on the Cross, now with the Life and Nature of the One and Only True God in us, which is Jesus Christ the Incorruptable Seed and Word of God our Father.

In Christ by the Seed of the Father:

Phillip

2008/3/11 23:23Profile

Re:

Thank you Philip.

I appreciated that along with Romans 8:28 being for vs. 29.

GOD Bless.

2008/3/12 1:19
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Who is the teacher?

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

What works do we do? We do the works of Christ who does the works of the Father, because as Christ is in the Father and the Father in Him, so are we in Christ and the Father.

John 14:10-11 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

We should be believed by the Works of Christ in us to manifest these works the world might see the Faith of Jesus Christ in us, which is "I will show you my faith by my works. The works of Christ in us.

When we learn who we are learning from these works will show our Faith.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

We have the best of all that God has provided for the believer in all that we do. The Teacher-Parakleet, the Holy Spirit sent to us by Christ who baptizes us in the The Holy Spirit. We have the Spirit of Christ or we are none of His. We have the Father, for He is said By Jesus Christ that He and the Father make their "abode" with us.

Christ the life, The Holy Spirit the teacher of this life, The Father the Provider of this Life.

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This is how we learn the things of the Kingdom, by being born again and the power of the Life in us by Jesus Christ taught by the Holy Spirit. These are the works we should be displaying to the world, even then they will reject us like they rejected Him, and we fellowship in the our baptism into His suffering.

Not my works but His, not my faith but His, not my truth, but His, Not my love but His, then they will know that we are Christians by our Love which is His Love that is manifest in us, giving of His love to all we have to do with.

There are no works that are for the kingdom of God unless they are preformed by the Christ in us. Our works are the outward expression of those works, in Him we can love our neighbor as He loves us and gave Himself for us..

The whole God Head, the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are the teachers of Truth to the son's of God and we will know that we Are son's by that expression in us, coming forth as us,

In Christ; Phillip

2008/3/12 3:50Profile
dohzman

Re:

I think what I'm hearing is what I call grey christianity, thats the inword working of Christ which never results in any tangible ministry. Let me explain, Christ in you, when I say that what exactly do I mean? Basically I willingly become a servant to the whole of humanity, I do this willingly and joyfully as unto the Lord. I feed the poor, I cloth the naked, I help the helpless....etc....
As to the teacher, how do we reconcile the Word of God instructing us that "He (Jesus) gave some to be ....teachers...." with "ye have no need that any should teach you since the same anointing teaches us all"...etc....As we DO the Word of God, submitting to the light of conscience and the teachings of Jesus Christ we will than know (have intimate knowledge--like that of a husband and wife) the truth and the truth will make us free (we cultivate a history of doing the written Words of Christ). In other words we will have an inward witness, According to Proverbs that wisdom and understanding will not only guard us from error but will direct us and keep us even in our sleep. All that aside we still need and have gifted teachers, in the multitude of counsilors is safty, and they are for our perfecting. With out them it can be concluded that we can't come to perfection. Our part is to be good bereans and search diligently the scriptures to see if what they teach us is true. Gotta run no more time for now, enjoyed this thread and your response bro. see ya later :)

2008/3/12 18:06Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

I think what I'm hearing is what I call grey christianity, thats the inword working of Christ which never results in any tangible ministry. Let me explain, Christ in you, when I say that what exactly do I mean? Basically I willingly become a servant to the whole of humanity, I do this willingly and joyfully as unto the Lord. I feed the poor, I cloth the naked, I help the helpless....etc....

All these things are good but not what "Christ in you", means. These things are the manifestation of the Christ that is in you.
The outward workings of of a changed life, that is Life in Christ Jesus our Lord and life.

The greatest miracle God has done in all of The Body of Christ is exactly that, making us His Body, that is The Spirit of Christ now our spirit and our life living by that Spirit, in both Spirit and soul, which the Word has separated by a sharp sword, even to the dividing asunder the Body also, which is quickened to contain this precious miracle, which is the Birth of Jesus Christ in the believer as our Born Again experience making old things passed away and new things come to make us son's of the Father, by the Seed of Christ in us.

Just a small portion of our position to the Father that are in Christ Jesus our Lord and living His life in and through us, this is the miracle,

Act 24:24 And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

Rom 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

If we are in Christ then it is through Him working through us that brings forth The Gifts of God the building up of the Body of Christ.

As for Teacher, God gave us Jesus Christ that greatest Teacher of all. Christ has give us the Holy Spirit and even baptized us into Him and He into us. If the Holy Spirit wishes to gift a teacher to present this new life in Christ Jesus, then it is as He wishes not as man wishes.. The Holy Spirit is the distributor of all the Gifts as it pleases Him by the Father.
No man has a gift of his own. He can not attain it by works or knowledge or anything he does, the Holy Spirit is the only one that distributes these gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ, His Bride, the Church. Every gift the Father has left us is pale to the Gift of Christ in you the Hope of Glory. The diversities of Gifts are Gods and His Holy Spirit is the one that distributes these gifts, not because of any mans abilities or natural worldly gifts but the gifts of God.

1 Corinthians 12:11-13 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Not all are teachers are they? Only those that God has given the gift of teaching, directed and taught by the Holy Spirit to make a preacher that the people will hear, and hear with ears to hear that have been prepared to hear with their ears and see with their eyes that they will hear.

Acts 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Directed individually by God to those that are Christs.

Jhn 17:7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

Jhn 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Jhn 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are].

Jhn 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Praise God for all His teachers, that His teachers are gifted, but all teachers are not His.

Praise God for His preachers and teacher, co-shepherds with Jesus Christ and how shall the preach unless they are sent?

1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Romans 10:14-15 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Only one way we or any of us have beautiful feet, that is with Him washing them and us walking in Him by His power and might.

1 Corinthians 13:9-13 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

But when that which is perfect is come,

Is He come? Is He in you and your only hope of Glory? Is He our life? Is He truly Born in us from above? Has He truly come in our flesh?
2Cr 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Let us seek the Holy Spirit teaching and His distribution of the Gifts of the Gifted One which is the Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

2Cr 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

In Christ our only Gifted on Taught by the Holy Spirit-Parakleet, and distributing the gift of the Body of Christ as He wishes.

So teach to the utmost and test all things.

2008/3/15 2:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

[i]Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;[/i] Heb 5:8

[b]Though he were a Son[/b] - Though the Son of God. Though he sustained this exalted rank, and was conscious of it, yet he was willing to learn experimentally what is meant by obedience in the midst of sufferings.

[b]Yet learned he obedience[/b] - That is, he learned experimentally and practically. It cannot be supposed that he did not “know” what obedience was; or that he was “indisposed” to obey God before he suffered; or that he had, as we have, perversities of nature leading to rebellion which required to be subdued by suffering, but that he was willing to “test” the power of obedience in sufferings; to become personally and practically acquainted with the nature of such obedience in the midst of protracted woes; compare note on Phi_2:8. The “object” here is, to show how well suited the Lord Jesus was to be a Saviour for mankind; and the argument is, that he has set us an example, and has shown that the most perfect obedience may be manifested in the deepest sorrows of the body and the soul. Hence, learn that one of the objects of affliction is to lead us “to obey God.” In prosperity we forget it. We become self-confident and rebellious. “Then” God lays his hand upon us; breaks up our plans; crushes our hopes; takes away our health, and teaches us that we “must” be submissive to his will. Some of the most valuable lessons of obedience are learned in the furnace of affliction; and many of the most submissive children of the Almighty have been made so as the result of protracted woes.

Albert Barnes

[i]The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.[/i]

Quote:
How can we truly help each other to see the truth that is of God?

How do we learn?

Psa 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Psa 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

2008/3/15 9:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hbr 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hbr 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you.

Jam 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Jam 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [your] joy to heaviness.

1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

The C&S gang will bring us to the knowledge of who we are in Christ and what we are doing that is not pleasing to Him. Circumstances and Situations are Gods experiential learning teachers and will bring us to the Christ that is in us and when we are experientially with Christ in His Fathers House, then we will fast no more.

Our learning will take on new appraisals when we see Him and are one in spirit soul and body with Him and the Father and the Holy Spirit, who is with us forever and will teach us forever who this Amazing God is that we serve by His Son.

Good Teaching always puts more on us than we think we can handle, Physically, Mentally and Spiritually, but we always come out stronger, knowing more of God and closer to the presence of the Christ that is in us.

Praise God, He is truly our teacher and the learner of the Love He is, that we might give back the Love He wants.

2008/3/15 13:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy