SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Being Saved from ALL Sin - Adam Clarke

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: Being Saved from ALL Sin - Adam Clarke

excellent article brother liveforGod.

in the last few months the Lord has opened up my eyes to see Him as the Holy One. instead of just seeing the Jesus of the new testament, i began to see the holiness of God. i began to see Him as the One that was cried out to as "holy, holy, holy" and the "Holy One of Israel". to see that His heartbeat was one of fearing Him and being holy unto Him was a lifechanging thing for me. not just to read it, but to really know it, is something totally other than knowing it in theory or head knowledge.

anyways, in reading the word you see Christ making the statements like "go and sin no more" (adulterous woman) and "sin not lest something worse come upon you (blind man that was healed). Christ Jesus didn't utter these words flippantly and He was not lying to these people, so we need to try to take His words as they were spoken with the Spirit behind it. i don't know all the ins and the outs for the doctrine of perfection and i don't really care, all i know is that the bible tells us to cleanse ourselves (i cor 7), purify ourselves (1 john 3), walk in the Spirit (gal 5), give our members as instruments of righteousness (rom 6), be holy (1 peter 1), and etc.

i can't recall exactly george mueller's testimony, but he said something to the effect of the secret to his life was to read the word often and to keep a pure conscience before God. i think we would do well to do the same.

let us keep our face in the closet and our heart before God letting Him show us the unseen and hidden sin that we don't know of. but when it comes to our conscience and any known sin, we have no excuse to give into it for a moment.. that's all i know and can testify to.

phil

2008/3/11 17:41Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Hello Brother Phil. Brother, I am very glad to know your testimony. You bring joy to me.

Quote:
i don't know all the ins and the outs for the doctrine of perfection and i don't really care, all i know is that the bible tells us to cleanse ourselves (i cor 7), purify ourselves (1 john 3), walk in the Spirit (gal 5), give our members as instruments of righteousness (rom 6), be holy (1 peter 1), and etc.

Amen brother. I don't know much ither, but what God has showed me thus far is enough for me to believe him.

Quote:
let us keep our face in the closet and our heart before God letting Him show us the unseen and hidden sin that we don't know of. but when it comes to our conscience and any known sin, we have no excuse to give into it for a moment.. that's all i know and can testify to.

Amen, Amen, Amen. That's it brother. Live with a clean conscience before God in all we can. All I know is that I own God my life, and what ever he wants of me I am willing to give it to him, knowing that it is my utmost privilage to give it to Him. Thank God for this life. This life that is not found in the world, but only found in Christ through his presious blood. God bless you brother phil

2008/3/11 18:28Profile
revival617

NewEngland

Re:

This is always a firey topic!!

I don't go for the strong emphasis on 'Unknown' sins. This is a way to exhort holiness to the max while saying we can't be sinless at the same time. To me its a 'Sinless perfection' doctrine on known sins only.

Not that this is connected with the topic, but this reminds me of those that preach works-based salvation and just throw in the word grace.

back to the topic...

This emphasis can bring condemnation. It can present a conflict of a clear concience with an eye on unknown error. Think of striving for holiness and yet simultaneously knowing that you are constantly sinning. I truly believe this focus can bring on an unworthy effect.

I believe the correct emphasis is yes we can sin if we CHOOSE, but we do not have to. In Christ we have power over sin. I really believe the focus has to be 'In Christ' and the ability (By the indwelling Holy Spirit) to understand we do not have to sin and have the ability in Him not to and therefore should not.

What I just stated is not a sinless perfection doctrine. Its the working of the indwelling Spirit that gives us power over sin. The focus is not on 'Unknown sin. I don't agree with using a couple of debatable verses in 1John to context Romans 5-8 with.

"The focus is who we are to be in Christ"

People tend to make this topic overcomplicated. Its a shame because the brilliance of it is within the flow we have in Christ.

Lord Bless

2008/3/11 22:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

That is the great question, Who are we in Christ?

How much of the Incorruptable Seed did we get?

How can we be sinless in Christ and still sin?

How are we forgiven the sins of the flesh?

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

How do we make this work with this scripture?

1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The only answer I have is, Christ being our spirit, we cannot sin because his Seed remaineth in us. We cannot sin in the Spirit of Christ.

We can sin in the flesh and God took care of that on the Cross, Christ being our propitiation and our Advocate with the Father. So if we sin, this is the greatest asset we have, God is faithful and just to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So the sin of Adam no longer exists for the believer in Christ, this is not a sin of commission or ommission. That sin or the world does not keep us from God because of Jesus Christ and His Cross. The sins of the flesh are also taken care of by the Cross, in our confession, the Cross of Christ makes God the Father faithful and just to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This seems good to me and shows me God is not interested in my sin, because of the righteousness, that being Christ Himself in me made my righteousness.

So what happens if I sin and just confess all the time, am I home free? Absolutely not, God forbid, because God chaseneth those He loves and are his. If we are not chased by the Father we are bastards.

Hbr 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Hebrews 12:4-15 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ((((bastards,)))) and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

So we are perfect before God because of the Christ in us, His Incorruptable Seed of Love.

For God so loved the world, He brought cohabitation by the Incorruptable Seed, (Sperma) of God to the believer in Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God and we will not parish, but have everlasting life in Christ.

So, perfect and sinless in Christ who is now our Spirit and also perfect by the cleansing of all unrighteousness by the chastening of the Father in our flesh which is quickened by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/3/12 20:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy