SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God's Bible Promises

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

God's Bible Promises

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

2008/3/8 11:17

Re: God's Promises

Isaiah 43:2-3

2When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

3For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:

Psalm 121:5-8
5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Psalm 121:2-3
2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

Psalm 5:11-12

11But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Matthew 11:28-30
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

2008/3/8 12:34

Re: God's Bible Promises

Thank you Psalm 18.
Very timely.
Much appreciated.
And Welcome here - Amen!

2008/3/8 13:42

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Thank you Psalm 18.
Very timely.
Much appreciated.
And Welcome here - Amen!

Thanks! :-)

2008/3/8 15:09

Re:

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusteth in thee.

James 4:7-9
7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

2008/3/9 7:38

Re: God's Bible Promises

Hello, Psalm 18,

I'm beginning to appreciate the depth of God's promises. Thank you.

Young's Literal Translation: [color=6633FF]Romans 6

3 are ye ignorant that we, as many as were baptized to Christ Jesus, to his death were baptized?

4 we were buried together, then, with him through the baptism to the death, [u]that even as Christ was raised up out of the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we in newness of life might walk[/u].

5 For, [b]if[/b] we have become planted together to the likeness of his death, [i]so[/i] also [u]we shall be of the rising again[/u];

6 this [u]knowing[/u], that our old man was crucified with [i]him[/i], [u]that the body of the sin may be made useless, for our no longer serving the sin[/u];

7 for [u]he who hath died hath been set free from the sin[/u].[/color]

Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

Amen!

2008/3/9 9:28

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:

Hello, Psalm 18,

I'm beginning to appreciate the depth of God's promises. Thank you.

Young's Literal Translation: [color=6633FF]Romans 6

3 are ye ignorant that we, as many as were baptized to Christ Jesus, to his death were baptized?

4 we were buried together, then, with him through the baptism to the death, [u]that even as Christ was raised up out of the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we in newness of life might walk[/u].

5 For, [b]if[/b] we have become planted together to the likeness of his death, [i]so[/i] also [u]we shall be of the rising again[/u];

6 this [u]knowing[/u], that our old man was crucified with [i]him[/i], [u]that the body of the sin may be made useless, for our no longer serving the sin[/u];

7 for [u]he who hath died hath been set free from the sin[/u].[/color]

Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

Amen!

Amen! There is power in holding onto the promises of God.

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him [u]by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.[/u]

2008/3/9 12:39

Re: What To Do When You Feel Discouraged

Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. Isaiah 51:11

Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.1 Peter 1:6-9

Be careful for nothing: but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:6-7

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:6-8

2008/3/10 7:28

Re:What To Do When You Feel Discouraged

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. Psalm 138: 7

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. John 14:1

Peace, I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; II Corinthians 4:8, 9

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.Galatians 6:9

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord. Psalms 31:24

2008/3/10 17:04

Re: What To Do When You Feel Discouraged

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

Though an host shall encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, 0 God of my salvation.

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. Teach me thy way, a Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:1-14

2008/3/11 4:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy