SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT DOES NOT SAVE by Chiefosiners

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT DOES NOT SAVE by Chiefosiners

[u][i][b][size=xx-large][color=FF0000][font=Impact]SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i][/u]

2008/3/5 22:00

Re: A RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT DOES NOT SAVE by Chiefosiners

Amen!

2008/3/5 22:53

Re:

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, [u][b]we shall be saved by his life.[/b][/u].

I thought this verse should be applied here too.

And when Christ who IS our life shall appear, we shall appear with Him in GLORY.

Christ in you...the Hope of Glory.

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are [u][i][b]sanctified by faith that is in me[/b][/i][/u].

I remember being so excited finding this verse, that our sanctification is also [u][b]by faith.[/b][/u]

We live by the faith [u][i][b]OF[/b][/i][/u]Christ.

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith [u][i][b]OF[/b][/i][/u] Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith [u][i][b]OF[/b][/i][/u] Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith [u][i][b]OF[/b][/i][/u] Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith [u][i][b]OF[/b][/i][/u] the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith [u][i][b]OF[/b][/i][/u] Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith [u][i][b]OF[/b][/i][/u] Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

2 Peter 1 says:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

BY FAITH.......

I suppose this is why if Christ be not risen our faith is in vain. It's His risen Life we live by, raised up together with Him, we live in the power of the Risen Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:14
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

To God be the Glory.......

for ALL Glorying belongs to Him.

Katy

2008/3/6 8:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy