SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"is it possible that the church is in such a state, that if God looks for a man who he can show him self strong through and he finds none?"
-Keith Daniel

2004/7/22 21:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Let the year be given to God in its every moment!"
—G. Campbell Morgan

2004/7/23 20:20Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Hello to you all!

The last couple of months I have been saving some quotes to my computer and they have encouraged me in my walk with Jesus. I hope they will too be an encouragement to you.

Although quotes can be an enormous blessing and encouragement, I pray that we primarily may learn from Gods own Word, the Bible. It is sooo awesome to remember His word when you are in a specific situation. It is just so cool to be able to hold on to a word of God!! 'Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly...' (Col 3:16). If we want to know Christ and experience Him as a reality, "the way to do it" is: reading His word. Because about Jesus is written: 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God!' (John 1:1).

We live in a time in which people eagerly replace the Bible with examples and other stuff. But we need to get back to the Bible if we want 'our preaching' (better said: Holy Ghost Preaching :-D)to be powerful. Gods word is powerful (Heb 4:12). In Jeremiah it says: 'Since they have rejected the word of the Lord, what kind of wisdom do they have?' (Jer 8:9). May our hearts be filled with His word and the Holy Spirit!

But ok...now it's time for the quotes :-P

"You have nothing to be proud of. If you are ever used at all, bear in mind that it is God speaking in you, and not you yourself" (Dwight L. Moody)

"When God gave Christ to this world, He gave the best He had, and He wants us to do the same" (Dwight L. Moody)

"God sends no one away empty, except those who are full of themselves" (Dwight L. Moody)

"And Satan trembles when he sees,
The weakest saint upon his knees"
(William Cowper)

"There are no crown-wearers in heaven who were not cross-bearers here below" (Don't know from who this one is)

"The Lord gets his best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction" (Don't know either)

"Some want to live within the sound
Of Church or Chapel bell;
I want to run a rescue shop
Within a yard of hell"
(C.T. Studd)

"God is your only audience" (Pastor Mike Sexton)

God bless,

Paul

2004/7/24 15:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The last couple of months I have been saving some quotes to my computer and they have encouraged me in my walk with Jesus. I hope they will too be an encouragement to you.

Thank you for sharing these brother Paul.

"The powers of the air are only obliged to recognize one thing; authenticity, reality, truth. They see through the appearances and they yawn."
-Art Katz

2004/7/24 21:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Get your texts from God - your thoughts, your words, from God... It is not great talents God blesses so much as great likeness to Jesus. A holy minister is an awful weapon in the hand of God. A word spoken by you when your conscience is clear, and your heart full of God's Spirit, is worth ten thousand words spoken in unbelief and sin."
-Robert Murray M'Cheyne

2004/7/25 23:11Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Christ intercedes for us!

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me" - Robert Murray M'Cheyne -

This quote shows us how concerned Jesus is with our lives. In Hebrews God says: "He always lives to intercede for them" (Hebrews 7:25). Christ applied to another 'job' from God when His job on earth had been accomplished. He's now interceding for us and He prays prayers for us like the one stated in Luke 22:31: "Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not".

What an awesome thought it is that Jesus, who resurrected from the death and has all power in Heaven and earth, prays for me. Distance makes no difference...the fact that JESUS is praying for me does it all!! In our struggles with sin, in our battles against depression, in our times of sorrow, we may know that at that very moment Jesus Christ Himself is praying for us...the Man of Prayer!! And John 11:42 tells us that God always answers His prayer..."Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me. And I knew that Thou hearest Me always.."

Let us therefore, dear friends, take heart! It is not a great preacher praying for us, nor is it our mum or dad. It is not our neighbour praying nor our church...it is not just a man, it is the Son of Man. JESUS Himself intercedes for us!

2004/7/27 10:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Pray hardest when it is hardest to pray."
-CHARLES H. BRENT

2004/7/27 22:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God."
-WILLIAM CAREY

2004/7/27 23:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Many men owe the grandeur of their lives to their tremendous difficulties."
-C.H. Spurgeon

2004/7/28 17:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We have a God who delights in impossibilities." Nothing too hard for Me.
-Andrew Murray

2004/7/29 0:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy