Discussion Forum : General Topics : Movies that Honor the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
We have set the standard to low in our modern day Christianity so that the worldliness feels at home in Church.

We can develop a rapport with the world which makes it very easy to communicate; the only problem is when we have made our connection it may be true that 'we don't have anything to say anymore'.

2004/6/24 10:34Profile
Rahman

Re:

I've just seen two other Christian movies "Apocalypse" starring Richard Harris as the Apostle John, and "Gone" which is about the Rapture, and has some real thought provoking scenes in it ... But both of course are "B" movies that would only garner the attention of a believer to watch in the first place, because an unsaved person wouldn't give such unpolished cinema a chance ever ... It's like someone on another forum stated, "Hollywood does Hollywood much better than we Christians" ...

If the Lord would ever grant me my prayer for a novel I have entitled "The Called" it would first be published, then turned into a screen play for a 300 million dollar movie, directed by Steven Spielberg, and jam packed with state of the art special effects by "Lightworks" that would put Star Wars to shame ... With the Lord's favor, and enough money a Christian epic movie can be made today that would become as classic, and as thought provoking as The Ten Commandments" was when it first came out, and it would change folks lives ... The key being to get folk to "muse" under the guise of "amusement" ...

I long for a first class movie that would utilize all of the state of the art modern special effect techniques to attempt a portrayal of Jehovah's awsomeness during His creation of both the invisible and visible realms, how-why and who is satan, angels and the why of demons, right on up till the how and why of the nation of Israel ... A first class, A-one epic all about God and His plan!

People tell me I'm crazy about this prayer/dream/hope, but I have it anyway even if it never happens ... But after "Passion of the Christ" it doesn't seem so impossible to me anymore ... All it takes is for ones prayer to coincide with His plan ...

2004/6/28 18:20Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: Dominion in Hollywood

For those of you seeking to exercise dominion in Hollywood, try this resource:

[url=http://www.independentchristianfilms.com/]Independent Christian Film Festival[/url]

God bless,
Matthew

2004/6/28 18:52Profile
joyfuldove222

Re: Movies that Honor the Lord

Have you seen the new version of "Joshua." Not the Bible story, "Joshua." But, the modern day, "Joshua." I have found it in the Family section of Blockbuster. Joy

2004/6/29 19:57Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Quote:
Have you seen the new version of "Joshua."

No, I haven't. Was it a good film? I read the book in college. It is a parable (of sorts)... how Jesus would respond if He came to earth (and Church) in this day and age. I read this as a young Christian in college. Everyone I knew (my age) was raving about the book and how revolutionary it was. I had high expectations... I used to read Max Lucado at the time as well, it is sort of similar to his vein of writing. It would be interesting if some of the preachers listed on this site were to write a book about Jesus on earth in 2004. It would probably be quite different! :-)

Thanks for the input.

Any fans of Chariots of Fire? That is a must-see film! I heard there might be a "part two" about Mr. Liddel's missionary career in China.

2004/7/1 11:47Profile
rocklife

usa

Re: Christian independent film site

Thanks for the link to the independent film, it's encouraging to see what others are doing to glorify God!

2004/7/4 1:30Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

I've seen Joshua and I really enjoyed it. Obviously a fiction movie, but so wonderful. Really speaks to today's church and modern hypocrisy. I was very pleased with it.
[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271582/]Here's a link.[/url]

2004/7/11 21:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy