SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Advice from the saints please

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HisDaughter

God's preappointed dwelling place

Advice from the saints please

I need to request advice from the God fearing saints on this site. I have an issue which I feel I cannot discuss with my closest confidants because of the nature of the topic.

One of my closest friends is quite pregnant with her third child. About a month ago I dreamed that she was going to die in childbirth, and ever since I have been praying for her, and doing my best not to dwell on the dream which I had.

Last night, she confided in me that she keeps getting the feeling that she is going to die in childbirth, whereas she has never feared this before in her earlier pregnancies. She discussed with me several occasions where she felt an overwhelming feeling that she will not survive the birth. I tried to encourage her in the Lord as best as I could, but I did not want to worry her further by sharing my dream with her.

I have never before had a prophetic dream, and so I have nothing to base this on. My concern is now: do I share the dream with her? I feel very confused by all of this, and do not want to give this sister reason to fear if this was simply a random dream. However, if this was a foreshadowing of what will be to come, then there is a reason that I had this dream, and I don't want to neglect my responsibility to do something with this.

I have not shared this with those who I know in the body, as I do not wish to worry any of them in the case that this is all in my head. I remain in prayer over this, I'm waiting on the Lord for direction. I do feel very alone in this though, and I would appreciate any insight from those stronger and older in the faith.

Thank you saints for your prayers, and any advice that you may have. God's will be done in this matter and in all others.

2008/3/1 16:34Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Advice from the saints please

We must rest in our faith first, not feelings.
God guides according to His will and His word.
Trust in His leading, and ask Him to reveal His
purposes. Seek His will and His wisdom often!

2008/3/1 16:46Profile

Sister, your friend is a believer?

Are you sure this dream you had was from God? How can you tell?

I was driving on the motorway several years ago. I wear a small denture, and it suddenly seemed I was being told to take it out. There was the feeling that I was about to have an accident, and the denture might go into my throat and choke me.

For a few seconds I thought it was the Lord warning me, but then realised that it didn't "sound" quite right. Mainly because it was sowing fear into my heart. Which is NOT like Him!

Then I realised that it must be the Enemy putting this fear into my mind, so I should stop trusting the Lord for my safety.

So I prayed, affirmed my trust in God, and refused to take the denture out.

If I had listened to the fear instead, it could even have been that an accident happened!

Is your friend afraid because of this feeling, or does she still have the peace of God - even if she could die?

Did the dream make you afraid for your friend?

Not all prophetic dreams, or premonitions are from God, even if a Christian has them.

Contrast the experience of you and your friend with Pharaoh's dream which Joseph interpreted. The dreams warned of coming disaster, but warned in order to make provision for when the famine hit.

Apart from being regular in ante-natal tests etc, can your friend do [i]anything[/i] to prevent herself dying in childbirth?

If not, what would be the point of [i]the LORD[/i] warning you both if it merely made you anxious and fearful for no purpose?

In Acts, Paul knew that he would have trouble when he got to Jerusalem, that he would face prison and possibly death, but that didn't put him into fear, or stop him.

What you and your friend experienced doesn't sound like the Lord's warning to me, but you can test it yourselves.

That way you will grow in Him, and learn a helpful lesson.

Then, if this "warning" isn't from God, it will turn out that what the Enemy meant for harm will turn out for good.

Just as with Joseph when his brothers sold him as a slave!

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/3/1 17:28
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

i. If she is worried for her life or the baby she should consult her doctor at the hospital.

ii. One wonders what the gain would be if you told her about the dream. Would it imply a medical abortion of the baby in order to save her life? In all this the best thing is to consult a doctor.

iii. One also wonder if your dream fits into what is normally (from Christian perspective so to speak) considered a prophetic dream.
Further: Im not sure that God operates by means of an destructive and negative dream vis-à-vis a believer (as I understood her to be).

iv. Your admitted inexperience of the prophetic can be an indication for you that you should wait on the Lord further to vindicate that it was a dream from God. Until you are absolutely sure (beyond doubt) that it is from God you shall submit everything to his good will and providence.

iv. God is good, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth and my own experience of when God speaks tells: he always fills the soul with light and clarity. When God speaks you know it is from him and it is always for the good of you or your neighbour.

Sincerly
Magnus :-D

2008/3/1 17:56Profile

Re:

Sis, my strong personal impression is that this is the enemy messing with both of you.

It isn't your fault. But the same lying spirit that attacked you in your dream, then went to this sister and is whispering the same to her.

You've got to get mad at this thing and not entertain it. And do spiritual warfare with her against this lie Without telling her about the dream.

To carry a baby inside with that fear and having that fear added to by someone's dream could cause trouble with the pregnancy - so resist this one and it will flee.

As other's have said, tell this sis to tell her OB/GYN Dr to record this fear of hers in her medical report so that he will feel responsible to keep extra watch.

In the meantime - this is time to learn spiritual warfare for you. And for your friend. To intercede in battle over her.

I'm just giving what I felt as I read your words alone. Got that creepy feeling that doesn't resonate with Him. For some reason she's under attack. Must be a neat baby in there. Baby's are a gift from GOD. :-)

We'll pray with you.
Good Health to mother and child - Amen!

2008/3/1 22:48
jarona

The Earth

For some reason I highly doubt it is my loving Gods will for that mother to die and leave three children without there mother to raise them. I believe my God is love and that He does not want that to happen. Call on God to intervene. Call on God to send mighy Angels to protect her and sustain her from any spirit of death or devil trying to influence or torment her. The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy, right? But we need NOT fear him. Why? Because God has given us power over all the enemy, so that nothing shall by any means hurt us. Amen. Therefore dare to believe the Word of God and claim your inheritance in Jesus Christ. With the authority of God as a child of the Most High. Call on God to protect her and deliver her and prolong her days. Believe His Word and in the authority of Jesus Christ pray to God to send His angels "His servants, ministering spirits" to protect her and sustain her during her pregnancy and delivering of this child.

You have been given the authority as a citizen of Heaven, therefore do not fear but be confident in God and call on Him and He will answer and intervene.

God bless you,

Jaron

2008/3/2 2:20Profile

Hello HisDaughter,

First, here is a most important and famous verse:

1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

I don't think we should ever forget that the devil as a roaring lion, walks about seeking whom he may devour, and this includes babies. He doesn't care how he stops the joy or the victory of God's kingdom from being spread.

You didn't share the dream in detail: I don't mean that you should have; there is some value in keeping it to yourself, as this restricts the amount of confusion to yours alone, and it helps to keep people like us at a safe distance, where we can do less rather than more harm to your mental turmoil.

I agree with those who posted earlier, that you personally, and your pregnant friend, must hold on to God and look to Him alone in this situation. This alone, has great potential to bring peace of mind as [i]everything[/i] is committed to Him, [u]consciously and deliberately[/u]; no drifting along assuming He's fixing things [i]without[/i] having been asked to.

HE_Reigns made a good point - that your friend should let the Consultant Obstetrician know she's feeling anxious about the outcome. There is enough research to show that simply [i]being anxious[/i] does have a bearing on the child in the womb, both before, but especially [i]during[/i] labour. These have a bearing on how the baby should be looked after when it's born, especially if the anxiety has been justified by events leading up to the birth. (I mean by that: if a mother is anxious during labour because she has been told the course of labour is somehow not normal, or, labour goes on too long, quite apart from the reasons for these, which are likely to cause anxiety.)

It [i]is[/i] important to acknowledge the fears, as this is the beginning of being delivered from them.

2008/3/2 17:12
HisDaughter

God's preappointed dwelling place

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

My friend is a strong believer, and one whom I know to not be easily shaken by the attacks of the enemy. I suppose the biggest cause for my alarm is that I dreamed of these things before she admitted her fears and not the other way around. Also, because I know her to be of sound mind, and not prone to fear. Also one who is unwavering in her faith. That being said, I know that the evil one is cunning, and will use many opportunities to undermine God's perfect will for our lives.

After spending more time in prayer concerning this, I agree that there is little profit in speaking of my dream to her unless I receive a clear word form the Lord regarding this. I will discuss with her the importance of discussing her fears with the OB, and hopefully all necessary precautions can be taken to ensure a fairly stress free last trimester. I will continue covering her, her husband and all three children in prayer, and I know that the Lord will uphold her!

2008/3/3 0:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy