SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Like Christ ~ Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Like Christ ~ Andrew Murray

[i]These excerpts are taken from 'Day By Day' by Andrew Murray. This devotional contains rich snippets from the writings of Andrew Murray. For the month of March I hope to share each day the devotional for that day as a way to encourage others to be 'Like Christ'.[/i]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To study the image of God in the man Christ Jesus, to yield and set open our inmost being for that image to take possession and live in us, and then to go forth and let the heavenly likeness reflect itself and shine out in our life among our fellow-men,--this is what we have been redeemed for; let this be what we live for.

~Andrew Murray

2008/3/1 11:05

Re: Like Christ ~ Andrew Murray

The reason why we so often do not bless others is that we wish to address them as their superiors in grace of gifts, or, at least, their equals. The love of Christ flowing into you will flow again from you, and make it your greatest joy to follow his example in washing the feet of others.

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/3 9:14

Re:

The external and bodily is the gate to the inner and spiritual life. He makes the salvation of the soul the first object in His holy ministry of love; at the same time, however, seeking the way to the hearts by the ready service of love in the little and common things of daily life.

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/3 11:12
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Quote:
The love of Christ flowing into you will flow again from you, and make it your greatest joy to follow his example in washing the feet of others.

The principle that convicted Art Katz according to his testimony! One that changes any church and any home into a haven of rest.

Thanks for the posts.

Clint

2008/3/3 13:36Profile

Re:

Quote:

broclint wrote:
Quote:
The love of Christ flowing into you will flow again from you, and make it your greatest joy to follow his example in washing the feet of others.

The principle that convicted Art Katz according to his testimony! One that changes any church and any home into a haven of rest.

Thanks for the posts.

Clint

Amen! That reminds me of,

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean vast of blessing,
’Tis a haven sweet of rest!

It is Christ! Wholly Christ! He is the Source and we are the channels. :-D

~~~~

Day 4
Because my Surety is not someone outside of me, but One in whom I am, and who is in me, therefore it is that I can become like Him. He lives Himself in me. To follow His footsteps is a duty, because it is a possibility, the natural result of the wonderful union between Head and Members.

I have to gaze on His example so as to know and follow it; and to abide in Him and open my heart to the blessed workings of His life in me.

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/4 10:26

Re: Day 5

As surely as Jesus conquered sin and its curse for me, will He conquer it in its power in me. What He began by His death for me, He will perfect by His life in me.

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/5 10:36

Re:

Taking up the cross and following Jesus is nothing less than living every day with our own life and will given up to death. The crucified Christ and the crucified Christian belong to eachother. The Christian glories in the cross because it makes him a partner in death and victory that has already been accomplished, and in which the deliverance from the powers of the flesh and of the world has been secured to him.

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/6 11:40

Re:

The Lord Jesus has shown us that the best place to practice self-denial is in our ordinary intercourse with men.

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/7 10:23

Re:

Day 8

Who can say whether this is not one of the secrets which eternity will reveal, that sin was permitted because otherwise God's love could never so fully have been revealed? The highest glory of God's love was manifest in the self-sacrifice of Christ. Without entire self-sacrifice we cannot love as Jesus loved.

Day 9

It is only when we sacrifice ourselves to God that there will be the power for an entire self-sacrifice. When faith has first appropriated the promise, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me," I understand the glorious harmony between sacrifice to God and sacrifice for men

Day 10

The freer the church is of the spirit and principles of the world, the more influence she will exert in it. The believer sees that the only way to answer his calling is, as crucified to the world, to withdraw himself from its power, as living in Christ to go into it and bless it. He lives in heaven and walks on earth.

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/10 14:21

Re:

Day 11

The Church of Christ in her mission, "Go ye and teach all nations," has the promise, "Lo, I am with you always." The Lord does not demand anything which He does not give the power to perform. The Lord Jesus will give His people all the preparation they need.

Day 12

Christ's mission is the only reason for our being on earth. Just as with Jesus, our heavenly mission demands nothing less than entire consecration

-Andrew Murray

2008/3/12 11:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy