SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Together for the Gospel 2008

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Together for the Gospel 2008

I am just wondering how many will be attending this year's Together for the Gospel Conference at Southern Seminary.

2008/2/28 16:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Together for the Gospel 2008

Just so people know its a very strong "strictly" Calvinistic mindset at the conference: http://www.t4g.org/

2008/2/28 16:45Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I watched almost every sermon and all of the interviews of the 2006 conference. It was great. They may all be of the Reformed mindset, but they do not come against Arminians. They call all Christians brothers and sisters.

In one of the interview sessions they speak about how they all have differing opinions from each other and how wrong they will all probably be when the “Truth” is revealed. They are not Hyper-Calvinists…just so people know.

2008/2/28 17:32Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Most of the 2006 conference can be watched at www.ligonier.org John MacArthur and John Piper give excellent messages. The panel discussions are also worth being watched.

2008/2/28 18:04Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Just saw the messages online.

WOW! Very convicting.

I used to have a love/hate opinion of John Macarthur due to his cessationism, but after hearing his autobiographical sermon, I was in tears thanking God for such a man of high fidelity towards scripture.

Piper's message is definitely worth the watch. His call for pastors to engage in "Expository Exaltation" came across as more than just a call for preachers to be good at what they do, it was a call for revival in the pulpit.

2008/2/28 21:45Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
I was in tears thanking God for such a man of high fidelity towards scripture.

We may all have differing opinions on some things but when it comes down to it this is what matters.

Quote:
it was a call for revival in the pulpit.

Piper’s message was strong and much needed today. I hope others take the time to watch it.

2008/2/29 10:11Profile
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Re:

I did not know you could watch the sermons from last year online, I will have to check it out.

I am excited about going this year, I need a time to sit and be fed by good preaching, Sometimes as a preacher I miss out on getting to listen to sermons from men of God. I get to hear them online but not the same as actually being there. I am praying that it is a time of being challenged by the word of God. I also hope that I can take away from the conf. some good ideas to apply to my own pastorate.

2008/2/29 10:21Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Did anyone go?

Apparently Sovereign Grace Ministries has put this years messages on their site for free mp3 download.

[url=http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/Resources/T4G.aspx]T4G '08 Messages[/url]

2008/4/18 5:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy