SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What do you do if you cannot find a good bible teaching church? Settle for a seeker type church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

my response was one drop of water is not going to change a whole glass of coke into water.

One puts a thousand to flight.... a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump... you are the salt... you are the light. As Ravenhill once said, one is a majority with God.

Quote:

I also mentioned that a church is going to be a product of the pastor of that church, change coming from the bottom to the head would equal rebellion, and i'm not going to be a part of that.

Such would be correct if the Bible taught that the pastor was the authoritarian head of the church that calls all the shots. But, the Scriptures never teach such. They teach Jesus Christ alone is the head of the church, and never do you find anywhere in the Scriptures any one person being established as the head of any church. Such was attempted in 2 John, but the apostle John condemned such action for those who wanted "to be first." There is no top-bottom relationship in the church. We are all brothers, the Lord said. Such is how Gentiles do things, but, the Lord said it's not to be that way amongst us.

So, if you should find yourself in a church with carnal immature Christians, build relationships with them and disciple them yourself, one by one. But if you are looking to come to a church, sit in a pew, sing a song or two, and listen to a sermon, then you have the wrong concept of church.

Church is not about what I get, rather, church is about what I bring to the table.

2008/3/22 0:54Profile
repentcanada

Re: What do you do if you cannot find a good bible teaching church? Settle for a seek

pray that the LORD will raise one up in your area

2008/3/22 1:15Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Start a house church (hope this hasn't already been said, if it has, maybe it might be providential).

If you've got enough wits about you to discern a good church from a bad church, then you probably have enough biblical knowledge to be a blessing to others -start a house church.

2008/3/22 1:39Profile

Re:

Don't settle...I did years ago1 I don't recommend it at all. We did leave and found a church, that is thirty minutes away. You may have to drive further to the sound biblical church. There is a seeker friendly church at every corner, I can see and testify that it is easier to drive five minutes verses thirty minutes...but you make that choice to go to the seeker friendly you will regret it.

REformer

2008/3/22 6:59

Re: What do you do if you cannot find a good bible teaching church? Settle for a seek

Quote:

yulandop wrote:
I have had a hard time finding a church. All of the churches I have visited have been compromising, no focus on Jesus, no prayer meetings, no preaching on sin, or convicting sermons. I just cant take the searching process.
A couple invited me out to lunch from a church that i had recently visited. They said they noticed i had been coming a few Sundays and asked me if I was considering membership.

It took so much to hold back what i really felt about this church, but I told them. I had visited their church about four times, not once have I heard anything mentioned about sin, the Holy Spirit, Holy Living, Ministering to the poor, salvation. Nothing. I told them that I was looking for God in the church, but I have yet to see him. I do find Mass marketing techniques, spiritual cliche's many financialy secure people. Heck the pastor even mentioned that if the congregation tops 4000 people on easter he and his staff would ride a bull.
I wanted to tell them that I just cannot stomach all of the foolishness that goes on in the church, but i did not want to offend. I find this in Many if not all of the churches I have visited. Just a bunch of Gimmicks. The music is good, but that is only to draw people in to a false sense of spirituality. They even had survey cards passed out to evaluate what you like best about the church. Pastor David Wilkerson spoke of this years ago. It is so disheartening.

I was wondering if anyone else has this same challenge and what do you do in the meantime.

Yul

Now, this is "my" experience with one churche in my area. So take it for what's it worth. I was involved heavily with a seeker-sensitive church for almost five years. They were Baptist at heart but not on the sign or in the programs - wanted to look "charismatic" with the music and worship because they really did enjoy the presence of the Lord but because they hadn't entered into the fullness of the Lord for them, they did all they could do to control it. I mean really, who doesn't enjoy the presence of the Lord? BUT you can't keep inviting the Lord in and then saying no to Him. It gets mighty cold after a while.

The staff was not interested in anything you mentioned, "not once have I heard anything mentioned about sin, the Holy Spirit, Holy Living, Ministering to the poor, salvation. The staff let other lay people come in who had that burden for the poor. I could be wrong but what I learned from this is that if it is NOT the burden of the leadership, it will NOT happen fully. They might give the appearance of helping the poor but I don't believe it happen as the Lord wants it to because the leadership controls every aspect of the church and if they don't have a burden to feed the poor, they won't go all out to make sure the poor is fed.

I don't know if this makes sense at all. I'm sorry if it doesn't. If you want to feed the poor, minister to homeless, sad to say... but you may have to do that alone, find someone else doing it alone and help them. Or you may even have to go find a secular organization and let your light shine while working with them!!! If I didn't help, I'm sorry.

God bless you in your walk with Him!!

2008/3/22 7:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy