SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Attention all pastors who have a few moments to spare..in need of your wisdom here.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
destinysweet

Attention all pastors who have a few moments to spare..in need of your wisdom here.

Thank you for your time and discernment.I need to know if you or anybody being an ambassador of God would be able to justify working in a bookstore that sells books containing all manner of lies... teachings that are blatantly at emnity with the truth of God,in Christ Jesus..doesn't this mean that you are participating in the leading of blind ,lost and unsuspecting souls into greater darkness? Or would it be ok if there was a small christian section..wouldn't you be recieving wages from sin..the proceeds off the selling of deception by receiving a paycheck for serving in this capacity?? Wouldn't you then be a slave to the sin that you were being paid for serving in the establishment that promotes and distributes these lies by selling them? Would you be given righteous authority over this darkness..these principalities while serving it? Or am I just being overly sensitive? Would a prophet not know better than to do this? Have you been in large bookstore lately..seen what even passes for christian?
Again thank you for responding..I need to get some godly witness on this.

2008/2/23 20:04Profile
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Re: Attention all pastors who have a few moments to spare..in need of your wisdom her

I think you should read Romans 13 and 14, this is a stick subject just like what Paul deals with in these two chapters. He basically says that if it offends your conscience then you dont need to do it. on the other hand he said it is lawful to eat meet sacrificed to idols. Couldnt you use this as an oppurtunity to point those who are lost to Christ? I dont see how you could work anywhere that doesnt make a profit from some sort of sin. Much more can be said of this, the main thing I would be concerned with is your own spiritual walk,keep yourself in such a way as to not be tempted by the lies within this bookstore. anyway I hope this helps you some.

2008/2/23 22:40Profile
destinysweet

Re:

jgraves..are you a pastor?..There are plenty of ways to make a living that are positive and serve to meet mankind's needs without sin..please..I'm asking for those who are elders and pastors here..and prefer prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit..not opinions..thanks

2008/2/23 23:24Profile
destinysweet

Re:

p.s. I do not work at a bookstore.

2008/2/23 23:27Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

[u][b]1 Corinthians 2:12-13[/b][/u]

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

2008/2/23 23:51Profile
psalm1

Re: Attention all pastors who have a few moments to spare..in need of your wisdom her

Destiny, I am not a pastor but I am a christian businessman.
Paul said salute the brethren in caesar's household.
This what you describe is tough.How do we operate in business and Jobs and keep a clean conscience.
I used to go into pawn shops to get cheap tools because my employees went through so many tools.
I questioned my actions,is this ethical?
I prayed and opened my bible and asked God for a scripture.

Amazingly the first scripture was "when at the marketplace dont ask too many questions for conscience sake"

This could be a conscience issue,not a right or wrong issue.

this concept taken to extreme would prevent any of us from ever going into a wal-mart.
Most all their items are from slave labor.
Or drive certain cars,knowing the car co. might be pro homosexual,etc.

The other side of that coin is...God bless you for wanting to stay pure and properly represent the King!

This issue is going to get stickier as society deteriorates.
Peace of mind and a clear conscious are precious.

It feels good to make honest money and the Holy Ghost will show us how ,Amen?

David

2008/2/24 0:40Profile
holiness

Greetings Fellow Solider,
It seems not to many people like to answer these kind of questions. Often times, you get a round-a-bout answer, with no real answer. In this day that we live in people are giving heed to suducing spirits of all kind. Many of this sedution is coming from "Christian Books". It tears me up inside to see alot of good meaning brothers and sisters feeding their minds with trash. We have the old saying "eat the meat and spit out the bones". But how much poision is safe? We have the Word of the living God, there is no bones in it. We can bite and consume and never be fearful of being led astray with corrupt teachings. It sounds like to me that the Holy Ghost has already convicted you of your job. Do not allow men's good intentions to take away the work that God is doing. To answer your question, It sounds like to me that God is either leading you out or wanting you to expose the darkness within. God bless as you seek him :-D

2008/2/24 1:01Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Did God only send Jesus into the places where He would be comfortable? Did Christ send Paul into the same kind of places?

Jesus went exactly where His Father sent Him. Paul went where the Holy Spirit now in Him by the promise of Jesus Christ, where Jesus told the Holy Spirit to send Paul. Also kept them from going where God did not want them to go.

If The Holy Spirit sends a person to such a book store, it is most certainly for a purpose, he may be the only one in the store that is sent to bring the truth to the ones God intends to hear and see. With ears that hear and eyes that see, made possible by God, for this person who is in Christ to reveal by the word of God to those he being sent to.

When the bookstore comes to our suffering for Christ's sake for working there then we know we are in the right place that God has sent us.

2 Corinthians 11:22-27 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I. Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him], he also will deny us:

This is what we should be concerned about in the book store. Are we doing God's intended works for the kingdom, which Christ said we would do greater works the He. We would have to leave this world to get away from these kind of book stores and all else that is in the world that is against God and His Christ.

1 Corinthians 5:9-11 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Let go to work in the leading of the Holy Spirit in the book store and save as many as God has given to Christ, then we are harvesting the ripe fields. Hear ye the Spirit and go if He sends.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/2/24 1:24Profile

Re:

Quote:

destinysweet wrote:
jgraves..are you a pastor?..There are plenty of ways to make a living that are positive and serve to meet mankind's needs without sin..please..I'm asking for those who are elders and pastors here..and prefer prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit..not opinions..thanks

That was mean!! There are many lay pastors and lay elders that LOVE God and spend many hours on their knees. A LOT more than some pastors and elders and you've just cut someone off because he might not have a piece of paper or initials behind his name?!

I have a question, if you do not work at the said book store, could you be trying to convict someone else about working there? Because you've already stated: There are plenty of ways to make a living that are positive and serve to meet mankind's needs without sin... So we know where you stand on the subject. I don't know and I'm probably wrong but it sounds like to me that you are trying to get ammunition for a confrontation that's not of God.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, it's just that a lot of people come on here asking this types of questions before they ever pray or have sought answers for themselves. But if this is not you, I apologize.

2008/2/24 9:27

Quote:
if you or anybody being an ambassador of God would be able to justify working in a bookstore that sells books containing all manner of lies

Lets not stop at bookstores, how about the Grocery store? There are plenty of lies on the label of the food industry. On box of crackers it reads, "No Trans Fat", yet one of the ingredients is "Vegetable Shortening". Hello??? Shortening is hydrogenated and thus is a trans fatty acid. Can you work in that type of an environment where lies are hidden in neat little cans and packages?

How about a Call Centre, where the managers won't tell you to lie to the customer, BUT it's expected of you. I know many Christians who have fled those places and others who stick with it and God knows what their conscience is like now.

I wouldn't mind working in bookstore of that nature. We have a Christian book store in this city called the "Baptist Book Room" and the stuff they have in there would rot your socks. It's where the LORD puts you that is where you ought to be whether what your seeing is right or wrong, stay there and be a light in a darkened world.
Quote:
Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

2008/2/24 10:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy