SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do these scripture describe satan?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
mamaluk

Re:

David is Psalm1. I was confused. sorry. My post was in response to yours.

mamaluk

2008/2/23 13:17Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

here is that book I think you were talking about.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/pink/antichrist.html

2008/2/23 15:09Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Yes, I forgot, I purchased and read this book a few months ago. I have been reading quite a bit of Pink this past year , quite inspiring and helpful really, thank God.

I think that the "mysterious" things/beings in the unseen world are quite difficult for us to pin down to a total accuracy, when I came across that point in Pink's book, I specifically remember "raising my eyebrows" a bit since I have forever long reckoned Lucifer as Satan.

Whether or not Lucifer=Satan, bibilically, the descriptions of Lucifer alone help my spiritual understanding a great deal, of Evil, and of the parallel sin nature in myself.

Knowing our GOD is greater than all is comforting enough for me. But I must say, I do appreciate the serious attitude of bible students who want to explore deeper into all that contains in this precious Book.

Thank you Warriorofgod.
mamaluk

2008/2/23 15:58Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

Do you think it talks about satan today or do you go with the literal understanding of the text or do you got with the symbolical understanding of the text?

Even though it may not reference Satan directly, do you think it is still ok to say that it describes him? Let know your thoughts.

2008/2/23 16:19Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Do these scripture describe satan?

Reply to warriorofgod
Nebuchadnezzar was called Lucifer, this name sometimes mistakenly associated with Satan.

Eddie

2008/2/23 17:23Profile
mamaluk

Re:

I tend to agree with Eddie. To avoid letting satan to turn this into a "controversial" debate, I'd rather refrain from getting further into this.

The Lord in Scripture said for us to have a sound mind, (not necessary an open mind), and indeed the soundness of our minds can only come from diligence in searching Scriptures comparing Scriptures to Scriptures.

I also think that overall,most Christians really know all too little about satan and of all his calculating evil ways,in fact,most Christians I met don't seem to take satan seriously at all. Study on, brother.

[b]2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.[/b]

mamaluk

2008/2/23 17:57Profile
psalm1

Re:

warrior, maybe you are right! Sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth.

I just dont know about it.

Could be Lucifer is Nebuchadnezzar?

I read it about 5 times.
Appears you may be right.

Interesting!

David

2008/2/24 0:09Profile
psalm1

Re:

Another possibility is that in vs 12 Lucifer and nebuchadnezzar are being paralleled?

David

2008/2/24 0:13Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Dear friends,

I think there is in a sense a focal point in scripture in which the rays of revelation meet.

Christ Jesus, His life, His teachings, His Gospel and that of His Apostles are the prism in which the rays of revelation can be diffused into thier individual hues and by which they can be untited into most brilliant light.

In this case, it seems to me that the hosts of darkness had been so much hidden from view, as darkness would prefer it, but that, when the Army of Heaven, or rather, its Commander, decided to put the battle in full array, that is, that the Word of God was made flesh and pitched His tent among us, that this was enough to flush the hordes of darkness out into light of day.

And so their captain challenged ours and said to Him, speaking of all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory

"All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me."

But his assult was repulsed and now his army was exposed.

[i]...for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.[/i]

2008/2/24 1:12Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Builders

Reply to Brother Chris,

Building an house unto the name of The Lord our God.

-Abel,

-Noah,

-Abraham,

-Jacob,

-Moses,

-Jethro,

-Joshua,

-Gideon,

-Samuel,

-David,

-Solomon,

-Jehu,

-Hezekiah,

-Jehoshaphat,

-Jabez,

-Asa,

-Josiah,

-Daniel,

-Hananiah,

- Mishael,

-Azariah,

-Zacharias [Zechariah],

-Simeon,

-Anna, the prophetess,

-The Roman centurion,

-Cornelius, centurion ,

-Eunice and Lois,

-Simon, who is called Peter,

-Andrew his brother,

-James the son of Zebedee,

-John his brother,

-Philip,

-Bartholomew,

-Thomas,

-Matthew the publican,

-James the son of Alphaeus,

-Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus,

-Simon the Canaanite,

-All the disciples in the days of Jesus’s earthly ministry,

-Steven,

-Paul,

-You and all the disciples of Jesus who refuse the image of all men and do no unrighteousness in judgment, we who do not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty, but in righteousness we judge our neighbor..

Eddie

2008/2/24 8:21Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy