SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Politician: Homosexual activity caused earthquake

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Politician: Homosexual activity caused earthquake

"Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward."

- Isaiah 1:4(KJV)

If a people are [b]laden with iniquity[/b], it is hard to imagine that one sin, or even several, could be singled out as cause for judgment, [b]without knowing the mind of the LORD[/b].

2008/2/22 18:21Profile

Re:

Miccah,

thanks for your reply. are you telling us, though, that you have never met an effeminate man, or a masculine woman???? are you saying that God didn't make people this way???

I know what the Word says about this. and don't dispute it. the Word also speaks out against many other things that we tolerate in today's society. picking homosexuality as the cause of earthquakes is not different than saying that AIDS is God's punishment for our toleration of divorce or some other societal ill.

bub

2008/2/22 18:30
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Bubba wrote,

Quote:
is not different than saying that AIDS is God's punishment for our toleration of divorce or some other societal ill.

Are you implying that chaste people will in the course of normal living contract STD's?

ginnyrose

2008/2/22 18:47Profile

Re:

Tears of Joy,

I understand what you are saying, BUT......

Through one man's sin.....sin came upon all men.

Did God create Cain to be a murderer? No, however Cain is a product of sinful man...after the fall.

The argument that God did or didn't create men for men and women for women is irrelevant and are overlooking this very important FACT...we are a fallen...sinful man...all of us. This is why Jesus died on the cross, and rose again…..

God does not categorize sin**s***, but sees SIN period.

Jesus didn't die for our sin**S*** but He died for our SIN.

And if sin were categorized in degrees, then we would have to take the 10 commandments as the top 10 most horrible sin.

But then again...James says if you break ONE you've broken ALL.

It's important to present a correct Gospel, and not say one sin is worse then another, and that judgment only comes to the worse. But I do see and hear this all the time.

Judgment is coming to ALL who have rejected the Gospel...period!

Yes, SIN must be preached, I agree...SIN must be preached, and forgiveness of SIN must accompany that message.

Just to preach judgement, with out a remedy means nothing but self righteousness. So they repent of homosexuality...the earthquakes stop....but are they still LOST? So, is God then more concerned with a particular sin, or our whole sin nature.

Without the Gospel, no one, regardless of abstaining, will be set free....from any and ALL kinds of sins.

Katy

2008/2/22 18:54

Re:

Hello Bubba,

I do not post here very often, but i would like to respond to your feelings of the post as well as the responses of others. I promise u first that i do not speak on this subject out of any self-righteousness or in support of any one here or othrwise.

I do agree with Greg, it is factual that homosexuality or any other sin period has been the cause of the spiritual and moral decline of any country, place, being etc...
Now homosexuality is only one of the underlying causes or sins if u will, but do i regard homosexuality as the reason for earthquakes in that or any other region? BY NO MEANS, nevertheless, it is an accurate statement in regards to moral and spiritual decline, which of course in english, it is SIN.

Are homosexuals the casue in and of themselves, no we all are, and my dear brother and sisters, "ALL WE LIKE SHEEP HAVE GONE ASTRAY", WE HAVE TURNED EVERYONE TO OUR OWN WAY. IS 53:6.

We the saints, the called, heirs of God, and heirs with Christ, we are also directly responsible for moral and spiritual decline when we FAIL to heed God as we the have. We are suppose to be salt and light, but in this day and age here in America and many other countries that salt SUCKS! and that light is OUT!

So again, Yes, in essence the Homosexual ahd Godless activity all over the world is responsible for the earhtquakes, but so is our cheap Christian lives.

Love you all and look up to God
EJG

2008/2/22 19:03
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Politician: Homosexual activity caused earthquake

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

- Ezekiel 16:49(KJV)

2008/2/22 19:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I think we do not estimate how evil and wicked sin is. The sin of sodomy is a vile thing in God's eyes and other sins are evil but there is a perversity and deviation from God's purposes in this social ill (can we even call it that).

Sodomy is a damning sin and those in it should fear the judgement of God. Oh may we see sin as it should be seen.

Because homosexuality is becoming a "normal" thing in society should ALARM us severly towards how far the world is sinking into sin and hell and away from God and heaven.

God help us if we try and justify any sin.

Earthquakes are nothing compared to what is coming.

2008/2/22 22:01Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

God's response to sin is phased. When someone sins, God of course condemns it. Yet he is also patient with us, "not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Pet 3:9) - he gives us time to acknowledge our sin and repent of it before he responds with punishment.

However, when time has passed and he decides to punish, he acts quickly. For instance, he waited to punish Sodom and Gomorrah until they had sinned greatly (Gen 18:20-21), but once their grace period ran out, he acted swiftly (Gen 19:15-22). Thus, God is slow to anger in that he gives people a long time to repent, yet he is quick to condemn sin and quick to punish when the time comes.

One of the meanings of wrath given by Merriam-Webster is "retributory punishment for an offense or a crime: divine chastisement,"

2008/2/23 8:20Profile

Re:

Maybe many are not aware of these facts, but should be. This article is just the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe this article will give you some insight.

Are we as Christians to be associated with these groups? What makes you any different? When witnessing to a homosexual, how are you going to show him or her you are not associated with one of these groups? Or do you not witness, but just condemn?

http://www.petertatchell.net/hate%20crimes/gpacensorship.htm

To be quite frank here...God HATES ALL SIN! Even the horrible sin of murder of how many millions of babies in AMERICA via abortion!!!!!

Let's pull the beam out of our own eye first.

Katy

http://www.anabaptists.org/places/reaching/theyhate.html

PS Here is a great article concerning OUR walk in a perverse world.

2008/2/23 9:11

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:
what they are saying is: "KILL ALL THE HOMOSEXUALS AND GOD WILL STOP THE EARTHQUAKES."

No, he is making the very accurate point that practiced SIN that the bible condemns will kill not only the moral climate of the society but will bring the judgement of God upon a society: morally, spiritually and eventually physically.

Homosexual (sodomy) sin is just as hazardous or arguably more to the body then the bird flu.

I apologize if my response has already been posted by someone else because I only read to this part (post # 3 or 4) and HAD to sign in to comment!!!

I see what you are saying but I must humbly disagree with you Greg. We cannot blame one sect of people for the world's problems. I'll admit I may be wrong, I'll probably have to wait till judgment day to find out but this is what I believe with all my heart.

The sin that is going on in the "world" by worldly & ungodly people is NOT what is going to bring about the judgment of God... I submit to you that it is (edit)"that practiced SIN that the bible condemns" (edit) of the PEOPLE of God, those who name the name of Christ and refuse to get the secret sins out of their lives that is going to bring about the judgment of God. I can't believe you can't see that. The church is so hyperfocused on blaming the "worldly" people for all their woes and sin instead of our own.

Is Christ not exactly what the world needs? If Christ be in us and we walk by the Spirit, then we are what they need but our adversary the devil has us so bound up by blaming and criticizing everyone else except where it needs to be - on the Cross and ministering to those in need.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:1 Peter 4.17a

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7.14

2008/2/23 9:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy