SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Info on the subject of 'The End Times'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Nevertheless, I’ve always believed that we should be able to learn each of the possible scenarios regarding the return of the Lord. What would it hurt to learn and be aware of BOTH post-trib and pre-trib? The important thing, in my opinion, is that we should keep our eyes firmly upon our Lord.

Brother, I think you and I are on the same wavelength. I wholly agree with you. While we may lean towards one theory, I don't think we can completely rest upon it unless we can say with utter honesty and complete assurance that we have heard from God on the matter and it's completely settled. Anything less and we are leaning on our own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; [i]and lean not unto thine own understanding.[/i] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

2008/2/22 13:31Profile

Re: Info on the subject of 'The End Times'

Quote:

notmyown wrote:
Looking to research this vast topic which I know is full of differing opinions depending on who you ask!!

Anyone know of any online resource with good solid outlines of the bibles teaching on, fulfilled prophesy regarding Israel, tribulation, judgement seat, etc..?

You really started something here, Brother (or Sister? - you don't say!)

Off the top of my head, without speaking of any one theory as better than another, these are some pointers:

1. Start with the Old Testament. Especially apocalyptic books such as Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel and Zechariah. All the New Testament is based on the Old, so we have to understand the Old first.

2. Seek to understand the Hebrew way of writing and reasoning. Most of us have absorbed the Greek way of thinking, and find it hard to adjust or get into the mind set of the Bible writers, but that is essential in interpreting Scripture. I think Jacob Prasch wrote something on this - the Hebrew understanding of Scripture.

Will try to find it if you like, copied an article somewhere.

3. Remember that there are often [i][u]multiple fulfillments[/u][/i] of a given prophecy, not just one. Until the final and ultimate fulfillment. For example, as John said in his first epistle, (1John 2:18)

[color=990000]Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.[/color]

From this it might seem that the prophecy was already fulfilled in John's day - that it was the Last Days then!

But there were many "antichrists" then and have been many since. Yet this doesn't mean there is no [i]ultimate[/i] fulfillment still to come!

It is the same with the coming of the true Christ.

He came through the Spirit on the Day of Pentecost, because Jesus said: "I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you" when speaking of the sending of the Spirit.

To each of us who are born afresh of that same Spirit, He came.

But that in no way rules out a further, future coming.

Hope that makes sense...

That, by the way, is one of the weaknesses of Preterism, that it makes no allowances for further fulfillments.

4. As others have said, these things aren't plain unless the Lord chooses to reveal them. So we need to be in the Spirit to understand.

When Jesus was born, only two people besides Mary and Joseph, (Anna and Simeon) in all Israel recognised Him. Everyone else, it seems, either didn't know at all, or (the shepherds and the wise men - though the latter weren't of Israel of course!) had to have a special revelation, or sign from God.

Jesus wept over the people of Jerusalem because (except for a very few) they did not know, did not recognise Him, and so were condemned.

Luke 19:

[color=990000] 41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation., [/color]

So we do need to be aware, and recognise the signs of the times. Even though we will not know "the day nor the hour", yet we must realise that the time is short.

We also must be able to recognise danger. Jesus warned of the great increase in wars, calamities, plagues etc before the end. Also that false prophets and false teachers will increase.

That, I believe, is the greatest danger of the pre-trib view. If it is wrong, [i]the[/i] Antichrist (the ultimate manifestation of Satan in human flesh) will come before the return of the true Christ.

And in that case, even some Christians may be deceived by him - thinking he is the Lord Himself, as many German Christians thought at first that Hitler was a wonderful man, and the saviour of their nation.

By the time they realised their mistake it was too late...

Jeannette

2008/2/22 19:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy