Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Jim Bakker dreams big in Missouri

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Jim Bakker dreams big in Missouri

[b]Jim Bakker dreams big in Missouri[/b]

What a stunning reversal of fortune for a man who fell so spectacularly in the late 1980s when his $129 million-a-year religious empire crumbled; prison time and personal shame followed. A return to the airwaves seemed impossible.
Yet no one here tries hiding Bakker's past. They openly acknowledge the striking similarities between Morningside and Heritage USA, the Christian theme park and resort in South Carolina that was the linchpin of the PTL empire.

Bakker designed both, giving them the feel of dense European villages. Real estate, once again, is part of the mission.
But this time will be different, Bakker's supporters say. He has changed. Morningside will prove it. And inside these walls, at least, the doubters are few. ...

read more: http://www.stltoday.com...

2008/2/19 12:49Profile

Re: Jim Bakker dreams big in Missouri

Oh boy... here we go again!

[b]Proverbs 26:11[/b] [i]As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.[/i]

[b]2 Peter 2:22[/b] [i]But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.[/i]

Krispy

2008/2/19 13:06
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

How sad!

Perhaps Brother Jim should read his own autobiography (1999's [i]I Was Wrong[/i]), in which he publicly repented for the prosperity message that he preached, and in which he lamented the creation of Heritage USA?

:-(

2008/2/19 14:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy