SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Minister to couples: Sex everyday! (CNN Article)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Minister to couples: Sex everyday! (CNN Article)

It's getting worse out there, Saints.... A simple Google search on this church pulls up all sorts of inappropriate headlines about this.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/02/19/sex.every.day.ap/index.html]Minister to couples: Sex everyday![/url]

YBOR CITY, Florida (AP) -- A southwest Florida church issued a challenge for its married members: Hanky panky every day.

Relevant Church head pastor Paul Wirth issued the 30-day sex challenge to take on high divorce rates.

"And that's no different for people who attend church," Wirth said Sunday. "Sometimes life gets in the way. Our jobs get in the way."

The challenge doesn't extend to unwed congregants, however.

***END OF ARTICLE***

2008/2/19 10:51Profile

Re: Minister to couples: Sex everyday! (CNN Article)

As married people we should already know that God created sex to be enjoyed, and as a bonding agent between a husband and wife.

But these churches that are getting caught up in this fad are out of balance and are taking something sacred and dragging it thru the mud.

Krispy

2008/2/19 10:53
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re: Minister to couples: Sex everyday! (CNN Article)

This is AWEFUL!!

If there is a divorce problem then it is better to turn to the Lord Jesus Christ, the bringer of peace and hope.
This is yet another example of church's trying to fix issues without Jesus.

2008/2/19 13:54Profile

Re:

I think this is going to be good. Those who take the challenge will have to put the TV, internet, and other hindrances aside and spend that time with their mate. I think couples will actually come out stronger and marriages will be mended. Sex involves talking, sharing, and getting to know one another. I can see men and women not dillydallying at work, racing home to be with one another. This is exactly how we should react with our Father in heaven.

Honey, I'm Home!! :-D

2008/2/19 15:26
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Compliments,

Quote:
I think this is going to be good. Those who take the challenge will have to put the TV, Internet, and other hindrances aside and spend that time with their mate. I think couples will actually come out stronger and marriages will be mended. Sex involves talking, sharing, and getting to know one another. I can see men and women not dillydallying at work, racing home to be with one another. This is exactly how we should react with our Father in heaven.

Brother, the opposition to this emphasis to how public it is! If couples in church need it, it should be done in private, in a couples only gathering or have the groups separated by gender. I have attended meeting of this kind where this was done. AND NO children or singles allowed. These meetings were edifying.

When singles are exposed to this it will only whet their appetite for sex which is forbidden to them. And LORD knows, their exposure to it in the public is excessive. And now in the church house??!! LORD! have mercy! Help us all!

ginnyrose

2008/2/19 16:56Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Frankly, I think it's unwise to give these sorts of topics such broad attention. The connotations, the images, all that is implied with this topic immediately assaults the mind of the reader, and I believe it has run its course with this thread and the thread preceding it. Brethren, let's not bring the topic up anymore. We all know the dangerous and fleshy things certain fellowships are propogating these days, and this is just one of the many. The topic at hand, however, begs to be in the news because of its nature. It thrives off wide-scale exposure and this is what Satan would cleverly capitalize on. The minds of many young men are easily assailed upon by mere [i]mention[/i] of this three-letter word. Writing about it (even in a negative way) is like handling dynamite, and many a conscience is defiled in the wake.

Brother Paul

2008/2/19 20:25Profile

Re:

Ginny, I do agree with you. I was an agreement with the concept, not how they are going about it.

The way this Church is going about it is sleazy, I felt a spirit behind it that wasn't God. The website is worse then the news advertisement.

2008/2/19 20:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy