SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Biblical reason for the Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
PosterThread
jayyou

Re:

Dear sister Katy-did,

I will be addressing one last thing about your last message to me..

Quote:"""""In fact, Ellen G. White DENIED the deity of Jesus, who in 1903 said, “The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty”"""""

Dear sister, please correct me if I am wrong, but have you ever read any of EGW books.

I would like to ask you, please read the book

THE DESIRE OF AGES.

and then we can discuss this.

we all love to go to websites that are in favour of our beliefs but I would ask you,

for arguments sake, read this book and then tell me if she denied Christs Deity.

Here is a little bit of the first chapter of this book.

His name shall be called Immanuel, . . . God with us." "The light of the knowledge of the glory of God" is seen "in the face of Jesus Christ." From the days of eternity the Lord Jesus Christ was one with the Father; He was "the image of God," the image of His greatness and majesty, "the outshining of His glory." It was to manifest this glory that He came to our world. To this sin-darkened earth He came to reveal the light of God's love,--to be "God with us." Therefore it was prophesied of Him, "His name shall be called Immanuel."

By coming to dwell with us, Jesus was to reveal God both to men and to angels. He was the Word of God,--God's thought made audible. In His prayer for His disciples He says, "I have declared unto them Thy name,"--"merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,"--"that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them." But not alone for His earthborn children was this revelation given. Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages. Both the redeemed

and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song. It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love. In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto.

In the beginning, God was revealed in all the works of creation. It was Christ that spread the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth. It was His hand that hung the worlds in space, and fashioned the flowers of the field. "His strength setteth fast the mountains." "The sea is His, and He made it." Ps. 65:6; 95:5. It was He that filled the earth with beauty, and the air with song. And upon all things in earth, and air, and sky, He wrote the message of the Father's love.

Are these the words of someone who denies Christ's Deity.

I encourage you, for argument sake to read this book, I can garantee it will be a blessing to you.

I challenge you, to do it.

in love, Jayyou...

2008/3/10 7:42Profile

Re:

Jayyou, in reading your post here with the scriptures you feel back up that Jesus is indeed Michael the Arc Angel, I would like to ask you to read what Hebrews Chapter 1 says most clearly.

I do appreciate your honesty in explaining your beliefs, and rather then accuse I came to ask if this were true, and I do appreciate you did not take this as an attack on you or anyone.

It is important that many of these issues are first placed on the table, so we can discern where our differences are.

One thing I know Jayyou, Angels do not have BLOOD, therefore no angel could have shed his blood for our sin.

I also know too, that during the time of Noah, it may be possible that Angels did inter-marry with humans. There are two theories about this time of who these sons of god were that married the daughters of men. I don't know this for a fact, but if true, this is why God sent the flood, because angels may have overstepped to corrupt mankind.

I have looked at the scriptures you have placed here in your argument for Jesus being Michael, however Michael arguing with Lucifer over Moses would not be something strange.

Lucifer was the Highest Arc Angel, possibly Michael right by his side in command.

Lucifer wanted to be GOD, and fell into rebellion bringing sin into the Universe, then further corrupting mankind.

I posted scripture where Lucifer/Satan having *now* from the fall, dominion over the Kingdoms, offering these Kingdoms to Jesus if Jesus would bow down and worship him. This was during Jesus 40 days in the wilderness.

During Revelation we see many angels who war with the fallen angels over the Kingdoms/Mountains as described in Revelation.
ADDED:[u][i][b][color=663333] called powers and principalities.

Again , we are told we don't fight against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities.[/color][/b][/i][/u]

I imagine Michael, now God's Highest in command ( of the angelic world...called ministering Spirits...and God's messengers, as they have always been in the OT, doing battle in the supernatural sphere, as is spoken in Daniel.

Please read these scriptures.

Hebrews 1:3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Jesus at Calvary won victory over death, and will ultimately win victory over satan and the kingdoms of this world now in his hands...when the Kingdoms of the world become the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.

Now maybe you can understand how all of these posts I have made actually DO fit into this conversation.

Katy

2008/3/10 8:48

Re: The Biblical reason for the Sabbath

Hi Katy,

I know there is theory which to which you alluded here

Quote:
I also know too, that during the time of Noah, it may be possible that Angels did inter-marry with humans. There are two theories about this time of who these sons of god were that married the daughters of men. I don't know this for a fact, but if true, this is why God sent the flood, because angels may have oversteppped to corrupt mankind.

but I believe Jesus comes to our rescue in His statement to the Sadducees about angels not being given in marriage (Mark 12:25).

I believe that the phrase 'sons of God' refers to the knowledge they had that Adam had been made by God, and like God (Luke 3:38), and 'daughters of men' is an acknowledgement that Eve was taken from Adam. You will find that CS Lewis also had this understanding, though I had it for myself, before I learned that he had also interpreted it thus.

Still today, there are evil spirits which attack humans sexually, and it doesn't lead to pregnancy or the birth of strange half-breeds. This is not to say that there is no spiritual influence on sexual behaviour, or, on the development of some babies in the womb, but, they are totally human, no matter how influenced, whether by assault, or invitation.

Sorry this is pretty morbid, but we need to understand the differences; that the Son of God, the Logos, became the Word made Flesh; He was entirely pure, and while human in construction physcially, was fully begotten of God, spiritually.

I hope these points assist your ministry here.

2008/3/10 9:03

Re:

Hi Dorcas,

I do think I agree with your theory here, because I don't believe Angels can procreate.

I think the reason behind the other theory was that fallen angels in the book of JOB were also called the sons of god. Based on that, there are two theories out there.

Thank you for sharing this.

Actually that is a great point to bring in Here.

Adam and Eve, were formed by God, and man is lower then the Angels, as spoken in Hebrews as well. That Jesus took on the form of man..or the seed of Abraham and became LOWER then the Angels. WOW Dorcas......THANKS!

Those who are In Christ are raised up together with Christ, are Now IN Christ HIGHER then the Angels.

I once heard this is why satan hates man so much anyway, because of who we are and will be at our redemption...Glorified together with Him.

Well, I do need to go, and thanks for posting what you did. :-)

So then Jayyou, are you In Christ....entered into HIS KINGDOM not of this world? You know if entering the Land is a type of being Baptized into Christ.....your theory is we must be obedient FIRST to receive salvation. I see it as a Gospel Call, and obedience is believing the Gospel That Jesus Christ Died for our sin, invites us to share in the Height, Depth, Width and Length of HIM((Ephesians 3)) The Jordan represents the Cross, and OUR obedience is our identification in Death and resurrection Life, bringing into our lives the fellowship of His sufferings...

[u][i][b]This is what people moan and groan about denying the Cross, as those who didn't go over were actually denying the Cross. That's not a pun either[/b][/i][/u]

Katy

2008/3/10 9:44
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Sabbath

This has now gone completely over the rails. Go buy a good book on biblical hermeneutics people.

[i]Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;[/i] 1Ti 1:4-10

This thread will be locked.

2008/3/10 9:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy