SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Wheat prices rise, shattering records as fear of shortage looms

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Wheat prices rise, shattering records as fear of shortage looms

[b]Wheat prices rise, shattering records as fear of shortage looms
[/b]

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Spring wheat prices have been on the rise all winter -- smashing previous records.

At the Minneapolis Grain Exchange, trading rose to $19.80 a bushel yesterday -- nearly triple the record from 1996. Trading closed at $19.35 a bushel.

Grain experts say the wild increases are due to a fear that grain supplies won't keep up with rising demand. Poor wheat crops worldwide have left wheat supplies at a 60-year low.

The impact of that shortage has fueled a wave of uncertainty about everything from food price inflation to possible hunger in the developing world.

For decades, agriculture's great problem has been surplus, not scarcity. And farmers have faced low prices while consumers benefited.

Experts say this week's action in Minneapolis previews a different sort of marketplace.

read more: http://wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=7882512

2008/2/16 20:56Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Wheat prices rise, shattering records as fear of shortage looms

Rev. 6:6
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

A measure was about 1 quart, a slave's daily ration, an amount usually purchased for about 8 cents. One could usually buy 8 measures of wheat or 24 measures of barley for a penny, but during this future famine only 1 measure of wheat or 3 measures of barley can be purchased for a penny. This will make food 8 times higher than in normal times.
Dake's

2008/2/16 21:57Profile

Re: Wheat prices rise, shattering records as fear of shortage looms

Over here we have used to have - maybe still do - a wine lake, a butter mountain, and more than enough milk, grain and whatever we may need, to be destroying what we cannot store. I find it [i]really hard to believe[/i] that these 'shortages' and price hypes, are [i]not[/i] a result of the same device which keeps diamonds in sufficiently short supply to keep their prices up. I believe God has given us a rich enough resource in planet earth, to provide enough for everyone's needs. It is the condition of the human heart which prevents the manifestation of this - His goodness to His creatures - and I realise such an opinion goes no way to bringing prices [i]down[/i] this year.

Everything Jesus said about how to live, makes [i]sense[/i] when times are tough.

2008/2/17 8:27

Re:

Quote:
I believe God has given us a rich enough resource in planet earth, to provide enough for everyone's needs.

This is very true. We have more food today then we have ever had in history.

2008/2/17 11:55
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This evening when I was at the grocery store, I took note of the flour prices. Whole wheat was priced at $3.99 for 5 pounds. Bread flour (Pillsbury) was priced at $2.99 for 5 pounds. I have never in my 60 years seen the price this high. In the past when flour got to be $2.00 for 5 pounds, we thought THAT was terribly high. Now it is cheap! **sigh** Gotta eat less bread, cookies, pies, cakes...my DH would now really feel deprived. :-?

ginnyrose

2008/2/23 19:03Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

this is serious!!!
This would affect even this nation!

Re 6:5 - Show Context
When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come and see." So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand.

This is mentioned in Scripture about a worldwide famine in the last days

Re 18:8 - Show Context
Therefore her plagues will come in one day--death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Re 6:6 - Show Context
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine

Luckly we have the bread of Life!!!

Joh 6:35 - Show Context
And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Joh 6:48 - Show Context
I am the bread of life.

Joh 6:51 - Show Context
I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

Am 8:11 - Show Context
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

2008/2/23 19:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy