SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : i was reading about how the old testament law baptism was different than new testament

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

i was reading about how the old testament law baptism was different than new testament

i read how baptism was not required for salvation in the old testament and how scripture in the new testament points alot to not being symbolic. meaning that baptism is required for salvation now but back then it wasnt i guess? can someone show scripture to show how the old testament required baptism for salvation

2008/2/16 14:28Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: i was reading about how the old testament law baptism was different than new test

I think you should try click on the "reply" button instead of "post new thread" button when trying to answer in a thread or continuing one you have created :-)

It will be easier to follow one thread

Christian

2008/2/16 14:30Profile

Re: i was reading about how the old testament law baptism was different than new test

Everything before the cross was the Old Testament. If you want Old Testament proof of water baptism, look at John the Baptist, he was under the law as well as Jesus.

Quote:
Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

There are those out there that are trying to do away with certain practises namely water baptism. It is necessary that you continue reading your New Testament, there it will prove that water baptism is still valid and it's a part of obedience that the LORD and the Apostles have laid down for us to follow.

Many use this scripture for their argument.
Quote:
Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

They contend that since there is only one baptism there can't be two. However, the argument becomes weak when you introduce other passages
Quote:
Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgement.

Here in this verse we can see that baptisms is in the plural.

2008/2/16 17:06
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

You are speaking of covenants. The Old Testament
was a covenant of law which required obedience
to the law. The New testament is a covenant of
grace through the merits of the sacrifice of
Christ and the promise of the indwelling of the
Holy Spirit.

2008/2/19 14:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy