SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Life Lessons (What Has God Been Teaching You?)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
rocklife

usa

Re:

Quote:

Yodi wrote:
May He continually reveal to us what those hindrances and weights are in our lives. May we keep an eternal perspective and remember what the most important things in life are.

Yes, keep allowing Him to prune and humble and grow in You, keep in His word, even if you have to force Yourself at first, keep praying, keep seeking Him, and especially allow the fire to come and burn the chaff. Remember, clean the inside of the cup, keep in the word every day, do what God commands in His word. Then, the lions den comes and all You know and care about is clinging to God. Not even death will have a grip on you. Obeying God and being humbled by Him, and examining ourselves, repenting quickly and longing for Him only is not easy. It has not been easy for me, I have lost friends who don't believe we should fellowship with God outside of church things, I have lost friends after rebuking in love about the things of God. Following my mom and loving people who are like porcupines, while trusting God knows why we are being so tested and even mocked, persecuted even if it's just emotionally, can be hard. But knowing about hell and the judgment to come keeps the perspective, and we know one day God will wipe all tears and be with us and we won't need the sun because His light will be enough. The trials and tests are to come, God's word says He tests us and disciplines us, so stand firm and PASS the tests!!! We can do it! I just want to encourage others out there the Christian life isn't promised to be a cake walk, look at Christian history, Jesus, the disciples, and millions of Christians have been tortured and killed for because of Jesus' name. Stand firm, that's one great lesson God is continually teaching me. And He is faithful, when all is said and done. God is faithful, allow Him to prune and take away things from your life that isn't glorifying Him and be thankful for all things, even His discipline. We can even be thankful for our suffering, because it produces character and hope (Romans 5:1-5). I just wanted to encourage, keep firm in the faith, keep in the Word!!! So much suffering, death, sin, abuse, in this evil world, praise God for His promise to get rid of all this death and evil. Just reading local news shows how wicked and hard-hearted this generation is. The ungodly will all have to give an account of themselves, just like God's people. How great and terrible will that day be. That thought just makes me cling tighter and be more thankful for Jesus' love and atoning sacrifice for sin on that cross!!! Praise God He made a way to escape the wrath to come and even make us sinners righteous before Him (only through Jesus' blood and God's mercy).

2004/6/15 18:44Profile
Rahman

Re:Brother Jeff's TRUTH post ...

Brother Jeff you posted:

((( I am hung up on this, meaning God is making a point I have not yet come to fully understand. I know He is working, I have yet to realize the understanding.

"The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonder, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they may be saved." 2 Thess. 2:9-10 )))

I pray with you that our Lord will continue to reveal why He has you hung up on this scripture in that "the lawless one" is a reference to satan's "man of perdition", the "antichrist" ... I'm praying with you also in this regard in that in the spirit realm there must be multitudes of angels encamped about you if the Lord is preparing you as one of His vessels concerned so profoundly with "TRUTH" ... Christ said "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free", "And "Whom the Son of God has set free, is free indeed" ... There is nothing more terrifying to the gates of hell than a "truth-liver-sayer-doer" ... It's obvious to me that our Lord has special work for you to do by what you further posted ...

((( The love of the truth is our only weapon against deception. I know that I have tasted the goodness of the word. I also know that the Word will cause me to walk in opposition to the ways of this world. The world is being crucified from me, yet I know there is much work left for God to do in terms of the worldliness that remains in me. My soul quivers at His judgements yet I know it is for my good.

The love of the truth, the love of my Savior will set me free. I just have this overwhelming sense that I am going to learn more deeply the significance of what "the love of the truth," will change me. )))

Ha! ... Ha! ... Brother Jeff take it from someone whose been where you are now (at the beginning) ... You can rest assured that your eyes have not seen, nor your ears heard what the Holy Ghost has in store for you in regards the further truths He's gonna expand you with ... Wait to you come to the realization of this mind freeing truth ... "There is no goodness of the world" ...

and then you ended your post with this scripture ...

((( "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world- our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" 1 John 5:4-5 )))

Brother Jeff you are remembered in my prayers for the Lord has His divine hand upon you greatly ... I percieve that you need to become very familiar with your Christian armour ... In fact my suggestion to you is that you sleep in it ... Amen

2004/6/16 14:54Profile

Re: Life Lessons (What Has God Been Teaching You?)

In the past two months the Lord has been teaching me to become a fearless voice towards lukewarmness and apathy among the Brethren.

Though at times (And Greg and I have talked about this once) I seem soooo harsh and unrelenting, I must admit that I find that what I feel to speak is of God; and I know He's teaching me to rise up and cry out and spare not.

At one time I was so "You're all ok" that I fear I may have caused the downfall of some by not preaching the Message of Holiness as God would have His People do.

Now, I must constantly and unashamedly speak what I must speak, but also learn to say "I was too harsh".

God, teach me to be a fearless voice with the heart of a dove.

Daniel

2004/6/19 22:54
rookie

Re:

Thankyou Brother Rahman for your exhortation.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/21 10:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy