SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Long time no post...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Thank you all :-)
I'll try my best and we'll see what happens.

2008/2/15 20:33Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:

...i would encourage you to seek Him and really get to know Him, not just doctrines about Him. it really hurt my heart to see what you wrote in the thread 4 months back about Jesus not being your God. i would encourage you to humble your heart and seek God daily that He would open your eyes to what He desires for you to see and not what your friends (who showed you the articles about that) say to you, but what He shows you through His wonderful word. and i will praise God in advance for the wisdom and understanding that i believe He will open up to you about Himself and to any heart that is sincerly seeking and desiring Him alone, and not to win an arguement or for doctine alone, but for knowing Him in experience. that Jesus may be your all in all.

Nile, I'm so sorry to read what's happened to you.

I believe that what Phil says could indeed have a bearing on the situation.

It isn't simply a matter of argument about correct doctrine, (do any of us get it 100% right?), but where there is a [i][u]spirit[/u][/i] of error influencing a person then there can be real problems.

The deity of Christ is more than a doctrine, it is a response to, and relationship with a Person. The Enemy is out to destroy that relationship, and sometimes he uses intellectual and doctrinal doubts to do this.

The man born blind (John 9) didn't have a clue who Jesus was at first; he only knew that Jesus had given him eyes and he could now see. So Jesus revealed Himself afresh to him; knowing that he had an eager and open heart and was ready to believe.

When a new Christian, I wasn't sure either, about several basic truths, including the deity of Christ; but the Lord revealed more of Himself and opened my understanding to understand more of the Scriptures (as He did with the two on the Emmaus Road after He rose from the dead).

But as we go on in life we often lose that childlike responsiveness that springs from "first love", and start analysing and questioning instead of just believing Him.

Been there!

Let the Lord restore you in mind and soul, and reveal Himself to you, and in you, afresh.

Praying for you, and for Melanie

Love in Him

Jeannette

2008/2/17 16:08

Re:

Quote:

Nile wrote:
Thank you all :-)
I'll try my best and we'll see what happens.

Nile, I lean very much on what Jeannette posted to you - to walk in Spirit and Truth.

To walk in the spirit & truth is a commandment.

When I read this post of your above, I felt that "check in my spirit" of what you may have meant by trying your best - and seeing what happens.

You are talking to HIS people here - so to speak the truth among each other is something that HE takes Very Seriously.

Many have poured out their love to you in many ways and this is what you posted the next day, after this quote above ...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=22247&forum=35&start=30&viewmode=flat&order=0

I believe that is why I felt uneasy about "I'll try and see what happens".

Try what Nile? Please love us as much as we love you and take your prayer requests seriously.

Jeannette has spoken Truth in Love - don't "get down and dirty" with her too. Don't say you'll "try" to a loving brother that you replied to above and not mean it.
Learn to love us and respect the statement of faith of this forum, for all of our sakes.

Please and thank you.

2008/2/17 16:30
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Long time no post...

Nile,

You got a lot of excellent advice here....and I am speaking as a person almost old enough to be your grandmother! I am not sure if anyone has suggested this, but I am and that is you need to thank God you did not marry Melanie. Have you ever considered what it would have been like if you had married her? A person bent on going their own way will not listen to good advice from anyone. They have to run their noses into the wall all by themselves and be left alone so they can feel that pain in its fullness. Then perhaps they may become willing to listen. If this sounds cruel read the OT and see how God dealt with apostasy...many lessons there for us if we want to learn.

Quote:
She doesn't care...what are you supposed to say to that?

There is nothing you can say. You are not God nor the Holy Spirit. In situations like this all you can do is pray and thank the LORD He kept you from marrying her.

I know I sound bossy but that is the way grandmothers get to be after a while... :-)

Blessings,

ginnyrose

2008/2/17 21:59Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:
You got a lot of excellent advice here....and I am speaking as a person almost old enough to be your grandmother! I am not sure if anyone has suggested this, but I am and that is you need to thank God you did not marry Melanie. Have you ever considered what it would have been like if you had married her? A person bent on going their own way will not listen to good advice from anyone. They have to run their noses into the wall all by themselves and be left alone so they can feel that pain in its fullness. Then perhaps they may become willing to listen. If this sounds cruel read the OT and see how God dealt with apostasy...many lessons there for us if we want to learn.

Thanks, and I know you're not being cruel.

Quote:
There is nothing you can say. You are not God nor the Holy Spirit. In situations like this all you can do is pray and thank the LORD He kept you from marrying her.

Although hard advice, I have accepted this.

Quote:
I know I sound bossy but that is the way grandmothers get to be after a while...

=)

He_Reigns:

Quote:
I believe that is why I felt uneasy about "I'll try and see what happens". Try what?

I just meant try to live life and find the truth. Try instead of throw in the towel and quit, like Melanie and my cousin and so many others.
"and see what happens" meaning, I don't know what will happen, what I will come to believe. But what else can I do?

Quote:
Please love us as much as we love you and take your prayer requests seriously.

I will, and thank you.

Once I make it through all this - whatever conclusions I reach - I'll be sure to write something about my journey and tell you all here.

Nile

2008/2/17 22:44Profile

Re:

Hia Nile. Hey man, I do care and do love you. He's shot one of those arrows of His into my heart long ago in that dept. :-)

If I could just share my opinion on a few things.

In your first post - I don't think it was the best idea to mentioned names - because it's best to just say "my girlfriend" in the event you publicly shame someone who we all love also. How would it affect her to see that? Would she be inclined to come back?

I don't believe in public (global cyberspace) shame - unless it's within the four walls of a Church and done according to Matt 18.

You said in your first post .....

"________ has apostated, even more than me."

May I ask what "even more than me" means.

Then again - this sentence .....

"I don't know what the truth is, but I wager that someone on this forum might have it."

Nile, way back when, when you asked for prayer for your cousin, we asked if you would or had taught her the anti-deity doctrine. Also mentioning if you had taught your girlfriend this teaching.

Asking that again now. Did you teach it to them?

I'm thinking of Mary and Joseph when I say this.

When you are 'engaged', you are already the spiritual head or priest over your betrothed.
That's the decision you both make when you put that ring on and say you're to be married.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

We as women look to men to govern doctrine.

The reply you just gave above does not fit the events that happened after you posted that after Brother Phil's post.
I remember Brother Tears_of_joy appealing to you with a broken heart and tremendous love also.

When you take Jesus from the Godhead, things can only spiral downward from there on.

I see these two girls as part of that downward spiral.

Men affect us women more than they know. We're built to submit and look UP to man. Even if it's just a cousin who's witnessing to us.

It all goes hand-in-hand and it's heartbreaking to watch happen. Many people loved your girlfriend.

I'm not putting all the blame on you - but to shame her in public and then come on and continue to post against the Deity right afterwards doesn't add up from His Eyes.

False doctrine is just as 100% equal to gross sin. Her sin is no worse than yours, in other words.

It's just sad that you felt to go into such detail of a former member and vindicate yourself.

We may need a dose of the fear of God here.

Love without Holiness and Truth is Not His Love.

The three are one - they are all three HIM equally.

Can you see what I mean?

Maybe you could edit names out of your first post. Just a suggestion. To shame anyone in this open venue is not correct.

I should have said it from day one, but I was a bit taken back at that moment when I hit your profile button and had to read and remember all said since Oct/Nov and on previous prayer threads you posted.

We love you and there's no doubt of that, but please take time to pray this through and seek Him with all of your heart.

We're praying - that's all we can do.

In the fear of God.

Annie

2008/2/17 23:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy