SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Churches destroyed in wave of religious violence in Nigeria

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
hisremnant

North Central Indiana

Re:

Praise Jesus!! Lion of Judah!!!

You were not blunt simpleliving. You were honest.

i look at a discussion on headcovering that has had 66 entries over 4 days. Another argument over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

it has gathered great attention. While situations such as this one gather scant notice.

this is indeed a sad commentary on American Christianity. i do not think that this escapes the notice of our Father in Heaven.

And by the way compliments as was said earlier it takes only a moment to pray. Nobodies plate is that full. And a few dollars to Voice of the Martyrs or Gospel to Asia etc. wouldn't hurt either.

Hisservant rich

Matthew 4:17

2008/2/13 7:50Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Dollars to VOM, prayer for our missionaries, prayer for the lost in places we don't even know about, letters to those in prison is indeed the least that we can do.

No disrespect to Compliments regarding fatal diseases, I can certainly relate having two children with terminal conditions, and having lost my oldest grandchild to cancer... but when we look at those among whom Brother Colin is visiting the question we must ask ourselves is "why not me?" But for the grace of God we could have been born in abject poverty and in the worst of spiritual darkness. With privilege comes responsibility.

God bless your efforts Brother Murray.

Clint

2008/2/13 10:13Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
by broclint on 2008/2/13 9:13:36

Dollars to VOM, prayer for our missionaries, prayer for the lost in places we don't even know about, letters to those in prison is indeed the least that we can do.

No disrespect to Compliments regarding fatal diseases, I can certainly relate having two children with terminal conditions, and having lost my oldest grandchild to cancer... but when we look at those among whom Brother Colin is visiting the question we must ask ourselves is "why not me?" But for the grace of God we could have been born in abject poverty and in the worst of spiritual darkness. With privilege comes responsibility.

God bless your efforts Brother Murray.

Clint

I whole-heartedly agree with brother Clint. God bless and keep you safe, brother Murray. I don't know what it is that you do, but it certainly sounds like it requires a lot of prayer, discernment and faith! Please let us know if there is anything particular you would like us to pray for. If not, know that you are in prayer, brother.

And brother Clint, my heart aches for all that you, and your family, have had to endure. I appreciate your testimony and have written your family into my prayers as well.

And brother Compliments, I hope you'll keep us informed as to how your sister is doing and if there are any needs that we can pray for. Times like these aren't easy for [i]anyone[/i] in the family.

2008/2/13 11:40Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:

SimpleLiving wrote:

I whole-heartedly agree with brother Clint. God bless and keep you safe, brother Murray. I don't know what it is that you do, but it certainly sounds like it requires a lot of prayer, discernment and faith! Please let us know if there is anything particular you would like us to pray for. If not, know that you are in prayer, brother.

I work in the Oil Industry, I am here because of that work. I only shared what I shared to give people who maybe can't come here a little insight to what it's like. My time here has changed me and my thinking. If you do get a chance to go somewhere in the third world I would recommend that you go.

You will not come back the same.

You ask what can you pray for The Church, Bro Clint's family and Compliments Sister.

2008/2/13 12:27Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
I work in the Oil Industry, I am here because of that work. I only shared what I shared to give people who maybe can't come here a little insight to what it's like. My time here has changed me and my thinking. If you do get a chance to go somewhere in the third world I would recommend that you go.

You will not come back the same.

I agree. I was a missionary to Zambia and it was incredibly humbling. And yes, you're correct, it changed my life. That was in 1995 and to this day, I think about it [i]every single time[/i] I have food and water placed before me.

I have also never met more friendly and gracious people in my life. Everywhere I went I was greeted with songs and love.

Quote:
You ask what can you pray for The Church, Bro Clint's family and Compliments Sister.

Already covered, brother. Already covered.

2008/2/13 12:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy