SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Conformed to the Image of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Conformed to the Image of Christ

I was just wondering if anyone else finds it overwhelming to think that we are, and are going to be conformed to the image of Christ.

Scripture tells us in Romans 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (Ro 8:29). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

We who have not merits, nothing to offer, who in fact were rebels against God.

1 John 3:22 Beloved, we are God’s children cnow, and what we will be dhas not yet appeared; but we know that ewhen he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.
The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (1 Jn 3:2-3). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

2008/2/11 22:09Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Conformed to the Image of Christ

Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone else finds it overwhelming to think that we are, and are going to be conformed to the image of Christ.

Yes...it staggers the imagination. Praise be to God!

Oh...welcome to SI brother.

2008/2/11 22:19Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Welcome Neighbor,

jgraves11 wrote; Quote
“We who have not merits, nothing to offer, who in fact were rebels against God.”

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief:

[color=0000FF] when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, [/color]

he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

2008/2/12 7:13Profile
davym

Quote:

Yes, it is wonderful. What mercy, what grace. Our sin is ugly, yet He came to save us, and that is only the start......

May many more come to know Him.

God bless you for posting this.

Dave

2008/2/12 7:58Profile
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Re:

Thank you guys for responding, this is a truth that i have been overwhelmed with for years, and every now and then it pops up and gets into everything I pray and study about. To think that God in HIs infinite grace chose to ADOPT us into His family and didnt stop there but continues to conform us to the image of His Son. This is amazing, I think we might be able to spend eterenity dwelling on this thought.
Ephesians 2:7 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing ariches of His grace in bkindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (Eph 2:7). LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

2008/2/13 14:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy