SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : HE is the anchor that holds in the midst of the storm

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

HE is the anchor that holds in the midst of the storm

Hebrews 6:19 says This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the presence behind the veil

HE can speak peace to the storms of our life and in an instant they have to cease. However, how much deeper our relationship with HIM grows when we experience these storms and learn to hold on to and develop a trusting relationship with HIM. Often, GOD can do so much more in our lives as HE allows us to go through lifes stormy seas to be able to reach out and encourage other saints of GOD and to be a great motivator to the lost going through similar cuircumstances to place their faith in GOD. If GOD chooses to place us in the fiery furnace our eyes must be stayed upon HIM because our faith in HIM will bring us through. If I can reach one person through this illness who is lost, encourage another saint or bring me behind the veil closer to CHRIST where I long to dwell than it will be worth anything I experience. HE hold us in the palms of HIS hands and there is a purpose for all things.

Yes, we can be anchored to HIM in the storms of life because of HIS great love for us. The storms of doubt, discouragement, despair and defeat may be battering your ship as you experience illness, financial, family problems or myriad other things we experience in life. You may even wonder at times if you are going to make it. My friend I would like to encourage you to hold on to HIS unchanging hand during this period of time as you build your hopes on things eternal. HE promises to never leave or forsake us and He has even proved HIS faithfulness to me many times. HE promises to meet our every need and HE even brings joy in the morning. Our anchors, as believers, are not placed in sand but on the Solid Rock.

The anchor in the days of the early church was a symbol of hope and security for believers. We do this through anchoring our faith to the promises in HIS WORD. An anchor secures you in one place and you learn to have confidence in it that it will stand still. When a storm arises, knowing this, it can then leave you with great hope knowing HE works through these situations for HIS glory, our good and others benefit. Here is a song called The Anchor Holds by Ray Boltz that I would like to share with you. It is found on Youtube if you would like to listen to it.

I have journeyed through
the long dark night
out on the open sea
by faith alone
sight unknown
and yet HIS eyes were watching me
The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas