SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The sad demise of Dr Dobson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The sad demise of Dr Dobson

Here is a quote from I piece I wrote and published here in early 2006(Lions led by Donkeys, Judgment on Christian leaders)

"The main problem with the Dr Dobsons and the Pat Robertson's are they are men who have one foot in the world and one foot in Christ, it simply does not and cannot work. They lead the Christian community down a path and hypocrisy and confusion lie at the end of it."

Dr Dobsons late and reluctant endorsment of Govenor Huckabbee reveals where most "Christian leaders," are coming from. Thier support of politicians is nothing more than a reflection of their personal philisophy. It seems that they are more "conservative," than they are Christian. 2000 years later and still the controversy of tax lingers on, how sad. Jesus put that one to rest a long time ago.

2008/2/10 20:42

Re: The sad demise of Dr Dobson

As Christians, we are called to be salt and light on this earth and to "occupy" until He comes. No matter who we elect, we are getting closer to end time events, because God is in control of History (He is actually in control of everything!).

Shouldn't it be our purpose, since we live in a Republic, to vote for those who can hopefully represent our vote when they go to the State House, or to the White House, the Senate and the Congress?

Since we are American Citizens we have a Constitution that guarantees us the right and the obligation to vote for others to represent us.

As a Christian, I would like to vote for someone of like mind- someone who actually beleives in God, and the right to life, someone who is honest and ethical and has integrity.

As a Conservative, I would like to vote for someone with all of the above qualities, (which really are conservative, as well as Christian), but also for someone who believes in the Constitution and the Bill of rights.

Now, since I have studied history, I understand that in times of war, some of our "rights" have to be suspended. Abraham Lincoln suspended our rights during the Civil War, as well as did Franklin D. Roosevelt during the Second World War.

Dobson and Robertson offer good advice on the positions of those that seek public office, from a Christian perspective. As an American citizen, as well as a Child of the Living God, I have the right to at least study their take on the positions of men and women running for office. I do not always support their choice, but I appreciate the fact that they offer it.

That is just my two cents.

Walter

2008/2/11 2:08

Re:

Another quote from "Lions Led by Donkeys".....

"We are at a crossroads brothers and sisters. It is a vital time in the American Christian experience. God is in the process of exposing all those who have taken advantage of the Christian community. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. When He exposes, it is thorough and complete. But we must learn when God exposes. There is a difference between ignorance and willful ignorance. When God exposes and reveals truth, we must act upon it, learn from it and avoid it, if we do not, our fate will be the same as the ones that we throw our lot in with. Whoever you stand with, that is who you will fall with. Let us stand with the Lord Jesus Christ this day, let us recognize the attack which the "Church," is under, let us recognize the schemes of the enemy, but we must have eyes that can see and ears that can hear. You will not get that by following men, only by following Christ and his leading. Let us boldly stand up and proclaim the truth, let us denounce darkness wherever we find it, whether from the right or from the left and let us throw in our lot with Jesus and with Him alone. If we are to be persecuted, and we will be persecuted, let it not be for being a right-winger or a left-winger, let it be for the Gospel of Jesus Christ for which we are not ashamed, for we know that is the power of God unto salvation for the whole world, let us peruse that power alone and leave the world to its own devices. Believe me, if we have the light of the world in us, then men will be drawn to us, to Christ in us. Our job is to be salt and light to the world, we do that by our intimacy with Christ, not by might nor by power but by His Spirit. Men peruse might and power, let each and every one of us peruse the Spirit of the living God for He alone gives life and light. "

The point is that men like Dr Dobson and Pat Robertson do not give Christians the best advice, they give advice based on their philosophy. The reluctant endorsment of Govenor Hukabbee is a case in point. Since Mitt Romney dropped out, we will never know if Dr Dobson would have thrown is weight behind him, Just remember though, these are the men who compelled the Christians to vote for President Bush, then the day after the mid-terms came out and slammed him. A day late and a $$$ short.

Christians have been used as political pawns in the last 8 years. Shame on President Bush and his supporters ie Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter. Shame on Christians for falling for it. Shame on so called "Christian leaders," who encouraged them every step of the way. With leadership comes accountability, they have a higher degree of accountability with God because of their leadership postion. I believe that the reason the President Bush will probably go down as one of the worse Presidents in American history is because he and his friends took advatage of the Christian community. "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

2008/2/11 11:05

Re:

Dr. Dobson has been a joke for many years, but this evangelical movement is nothing short of modern day pharisaical and sadusaichal. It is truly disheartening, and may we all protect our hearts against this element of ungodliness and contempt against the Holy Spirit.

2008/2/11 11:27

Re:

The only thing I would say is that a joke is something funny. There is nothing funny about the state of Christianity. There is judgement for leadership, but the followers and those who enable these leaders have responsibility too.

2008/2/11 13:33

Re:

Here is a quote from Tozer, one of my favorite authors............

"The Church, in the days of her power never got along with the world and the world never got along with the Church. In the days of her weakness she gets along with the world and the world uses her like a cats paw.

A politician wants to get elected , so he gets close to the Pastors, hoping the Pastors in turn will be silly enough to tell the congregation to vote for the big lug.I would'nt vote for him if he wrote me a letter. Just the fact that he wrote me a letter is why I would not vote for him. He is trying to use the Church. The Church is not to be used brethren: the Church is to serve her generation by the will of God. But she'll decide how she serves her generation, the world wont decide for her."(Fellowship of the Burning Heart p52)

Wonder what Tozer would have thought of the current administration and all those "Christian leaders," who, for influence sake, became the pawns of "the world."

2008/2/11 17:21

Re:

Brother, please, u know exactly what i meant by joke. Many do not know me here becuz i do not post much, but my term "joke" isn't at all sarcasm it is shameful and nothing less than compromising. I do not play around here very often becuz this site has become a venting outlet and a stage for expressive self righteousness. I understood where u were coming from from the initiation of this thread

In Christ

2008/2/11 20:53

Re:

Hi Brother...I did know exactly what you were talking about, I was just trying to reinforce your point for those who did not........In Christ

2008/2/11 23:37
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

ejg wrote:
Dr. Dobson has been a joke for many years, but this evangelical movement is nothing short of modern day pharisaical and sadusaichal. It is truly disheartening, and may we all protect our hearts against this element of ungodliness and contempt against the Holy Spirit.

EJG... maybe you should get your facts straight before you start judging other people. Just by the context of your statemets, one could say that you're a joke for your accusations without evidence and a loving heart.

Quote:
appolus

Dr Dobsons late and reluctant endorsment of Govenor Huckabbee reveals where most "Christian leaders," are coming from. Thier support of politicians is nothing more than a reflection of their personal philisophy. It seems that they are more "conservative," than they are Christian. 2000 years later and still the controversy of tax lingers on, how sad. Jesus put that one to rest a long time ago.

Maybe you too should get your facts straight. Why not call 1800-A-Family, and ask why he has placed an early interest in Huckabee? By the way, his vote for Huckabee doesn't reveal his personal philosophy. There are several things that Dobson has a disagreement with Huckabee about, but Dobson feels he is the best candidate. Just like you, he has every right to vote for whomever he chooses. I bet I won't like the candidate you vote for, but I guarantee you, it doesn't give one indication of yours or my philosophies, and it doesn't give me a right or a place to judge you on those premises.

2008/2/12 0:31Profile

Re:

Hi Ben.....Its a late endorsment. That aside, he is a Christian leader and as such comes under scrutiny, more so than you and I.Who you vote for is a reflection of your philosophy.

One more point, I have made some observations to which you can agree or disagree. I respect your opinion brother.

2008/2/12 0:49

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy