SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Luke 13:6-9

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Luke 13:6-9

[b]Luke 13:6-9[/b]

[b]Then he told this parable: "A man had a fig tree, planted in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it, but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, 'For three years now I've been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?'

" 'Sir,' the man replied, 'leave it alone for one more year, and I'll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.' "[/b]

I have read this scripture numerous times, a friend and me had a discussion concerning this text. I understand from what I have read that this HE is talking about His three year ministry and the cross. How Israel won't turn to except the Christ. I guess I never heard of the interpretation of taking the disobedient sinner home due to bearing no fruit. I guess what I mean is that His Grace runs out for the believer? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? Not to abuse grace, but sin can not over take grace. If this is correct when does grace run out? So we get one more chance and that is it?

I can't imagine that we only have one chance and if we mess up, then thats it? The root is cut off and we are thrown to the side.

I always thought that scripture was designed more for the person that keeps rejecting the Lord for there salvation? But, then that doesn't explain the fruit part, how can a non-believer bear fruit then? Then it must be for the believer?

Curious on what you all might think?

blessings
Mike

2008/2/10 7:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy