SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton: The Blind Leading the Blind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
repentcanada

Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton: The Blind Leading the Blind

I came across the following article (Obama Gets Support in King's Inner Circle, With Some Exceptions) online tonight. I am going to be straight up with y'all. I already wasn't feeling well before I read this and after reading it I wanted to vomit. Let me explain the rationale behind saying this and the title of this post.

Barack Obama is a black man who is running to be the Democratic nominee for the Presidency of the United States of America. If he is successful he would be the first black man to ever be president of America, which starting 400 years ago brought Africans to its shores as slaves in the most inhuman, degrading way possible - making his Presidency most amazing keeping history in mind. He is also a professing Christian who is an advocate for the right for a mother to have an abortion and kill her unborn child is she so chooses. The terms Christian and pro-abortion DO NOT and CAN NOT co-exist. I would rather see a Ku Klux Klan member who is against abortion for all races become America's next president than Mr. Obama, and I am a 30 year old black man myself.

Read what the Word of God says in Psalm 22:9-11:

"Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother's breasts. Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother's womb. Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help."?

King David says how the Lord was His God from inside his mother's womb! How can anyone who has been truly born again dispute that it is God who gives us life and that that life begins in the womb at conception?

Next up is Hillary Clinton, who is also running against Obama to be the Democratic nominee for the President of the United States. On January 21 she spoke, like Obama, at black church in Atlanta around the US Holiday for Martin Luther King Day. And if she is successful in becoming America's next President she would become the first woman to lead the U.S. We all know the oppression that women, of all races, have been subjected to over the years. From not being considered as equal to men, to not being able to vote, to not being paid on par with men in the same employment positions, etc. So for Mrs. Clinton to become the leader of the world "power" that is America would certainly be monumental. But, with grief and sadness, she like Obama is an advocate of a women's right to kill her unwanted, unborn child.

I could care less if the next US President is a Republican or Democrat, but I care heavily as to whether or not they are pro-life or pro-choice (a.k.a. pro-death).

Now I say this and I say it loud and without reservation:

BLACK CHURCH WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING BARACK OBAMA AND HILLARY CLINTON TO SPEAK IN YOUR CHURCHES?

WHY ARE YOU IN ANY WAY SUPPORTING THEM?

Don't you remember how John the Baptist rebuked Herod for sinning against God by sleeping with his brother's wife? Then after that he was beheaded for his standing firm for God's Righteousness and calling Herod to repentance. Is that why you are not upholding the Holiness of God? The cost may become too much? I find it quite ironic that both Obama and Clinton spoke at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, once pastored by Martin Luther King, Jr. Remember King had that great dream that "one day black and white children" would hold hands together and say "Free at least, free at least....Thank God Almighty We Are Free At Last"? Well since 1973, there have been 40 million children killed in abortions. THAT'S FORTY MILLION CHILDREN in America who never had the chance to sing "Free at last" because they were aborted by their mothers and doctors.

I will end not with my words, but the Words of the Living God from 1 John 5-10:

5This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
6If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;
7but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

America we are praying for you, your political leaders, and especially the Church

Obama Gets Support in King's Inner Circle, With Some Exceptions - http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=a3gQMXfUoDX8&refer=home

[url=http://www.cirtl.org/abfacts.htm]AMERICAN ABORTION "STATISTICS" AND FACTS[/url]

2008/2/7 19:10Profile
paula4jc

Re: Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton: The Blind Leading the Blind

Why would a person who claimed to be Christian post this racist political rhetoric here? The devil loves idle Christians. Lord Jesus save my wretched soul! Let me live to serve you alone!

2008/2/7 19:41Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Quote:
Why would a person who claimed to be Christian post this racist political rhetoric here?

huh?

2008/2/7 19:51Profile
elanham

Maryland

Re: Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton: The Blind Leading the Blind

The Black Church is indeed in a delusion. I am also an African American. It grieves me to hear Black Christians brag about being a democrat. We are first and foremost representatives for the King. Yet many black churches put their vote behind someone that will make life easier for them, even if it means championing someone who will further the cause of abortion. I asked a African American Christian how could he vote democratic knowing that one day he would have to look terrible God of Genesis 1 in the eye one day and give an answer to why he voted for comfort when that comfor would mean the death of millions who God said He formed in the wound. You know what he said to me in a whining voice. "God is a forgiving God." I trust he will severely regret that logic in the day of eternity. May the Lord raise up voices likeunto Art Katz and Zac Poonen to awaken the play acting African American Church. Grace, Grace to you.

2008/2/7 22:40Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
May the Lord raise up voices likeunto Art Katz and Zac Poonen to awaken the play acting African American Church.

I was listening to a sermon by Zac Poonen the other day. He has blessed me so much. Something he said though created a question in me.

He said that he's never been involved in politics and has never voted. Not once and he never intends to.

Is being politically active, and voting, part of a Christian's biblical service/duties? Is it [i]scripturally[/i] a sin to not vote? I'm looking for scripture backing and not just opinions.

2008/2/7 23:10Profile

Re:

I do hope Paula will return to this thread and actually read repentcanada's post.

It's not just the Af/Am Churches - that's For Sure.

I listen closely all day as they cover these primaries and as they interview people from all sectors and think-tank rep.s --- and the Number 1 reason that is swaying people's votes is MONEY.

Once again, we're voting our pocketbooks.

They didn't interview many Af/Am people on the radio - mostly white - and the main concern is MONEY.

And I must ask - what has this Gov done to stop abortion anyway ? - in how many years now ?

Some of the Mega-Churches are backing either of the Democratic candidates also.

I said last year, that we'll probably get them both as a "couple". One as VP. We'll see, huh?

And what would McCain do about abortion?

What are we left with?

All that we've EVER had - GOD, Prayer and His Mercy Only.

Last Days Politics could drive ya nuts if you let it, but I'm relieved to see there are still some Christians left who will speak out for the Innocents being killed. And praying more will speak out against All unnecessary killing and cruelty.

And I have to agree with Andrew Strom where he said, the only way for God's Hand of protection to be over us in this coming recession or depression is to GIVE TO THE POOR and to the ministries that pass out Bibles & tracts in all languages.

We have to be just the opposite of this world. They're voting for money - we need to give ours away. Amen!

2008/2/7 23:24
taco

Re:

Have there been less abortions in America since Bush became president?

[edited for spelling mistake]

2008/2/8 4:00Profile

Re:

Just want to point out that Mike and Greg have made if clear that politics is one topic that is generally off limits on this website. There has never been a discussion about politics on here that has been productive, encouraging, uplifting... or even educational. Only divisive.

I'm one of those right wing ultra conservative types, so before you think that I am writing this in defense of Obama or Chelsey's mama... not so. And I think Bush and McCain are liberals.

I just know how these things go on here, and it's never good.

Just a warning.

Krispy

2008/2/8 7:44
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Elanham wrote:

Quote:
You know what he said to me in a whining voice. "God is a forgiving God."

Elan, this is the current mentality of people in our community. I have had a black client tell me she will go ahead with her abortion and then afterwards ask God to forgive her! and she believed that with all her heart..was totally closed minded to my otherwise counsel. (FYI: I used to be a counselor at a Crises Pregnancy Center - did it for 15 years.)

Repentcanada, I hear your concern: why would the black community support any presidential candidate who will support abortion. And you grieve about this lack of holiness among your race. Brother (I am assuming you are a male), abortion is merely a symptom of a much greater problem. They are away from God! They may go to church regularly (actually, my black clients were far more religious then my white ones were and they understood my counsel much better BUT they did not care about their soul; the whites, on the other hand, were far more resistant to any pro-life counsel given.) but their churches did not require holiness from them. Their preachers will speak against immorality but there is no motivation among the youth to pursue it. One former NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of the Colored People) officer told me a contributing factor to this problem is the lack of morals among the clergy.

Repentcanada, the only solution to the problem you shared is a revival. May I suggest the problem is worse then you realize. At least in my part of the south. It not only is abortion, immorality, it is greed demonstrated by stupid lawsuits (if a black will drive out in front of a white person from a side road and you hit his/her car, he/she will sue you! No kidding! I saw a jury seated to deal with a lawsuit like this. These are common in our area.) But these are all symptoms of a greater problem and that is man is away from God.

As a white person, I am so gratified to hear these concerns shared by my black brothers and sisters...God bless you and do NOT give up! We need you or better yet, why do you not come down here and preach to them! Of course, you might get ostracized for acting like a 'whitey'.... but we are not living to win a popularity contest.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/2/9 0:25Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

[i]I'm going to post this in the public because the statement was made in the public here.[/i]

Ginnyrose,

You said

"And you grieve about this lack of holiness among your race."

Ginny, I'm not sure I understand you here?

Do you mean Adam's race? We all being made of one blood, and also being all of us guilty and polluted sinners?

You don't mean to suggest that white people or some other people are some how holy do you? Or others? And some others are not?

What do you mean?

Thank you,

Christohper Joel Dandrow

2008/2/9 1:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy