SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : End Time Revival / Harvest ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re: End Time Revival / Harvest ?

Hi Chris,

If I can emphasise it, this time, I am [u]not[/u] discussing the Lord's return or any of the pre- mid- or post- trib possibilities.

My point revolves [u]entirely[/u] round what I believe is a mistaken understanding of the wrath of God - whatever kind of wrath it is - which [i][b]is[/i][/b] causing [i]confusion[/i] in the minds of believers - and you are proving this, by being an example of one who honestly - and I [u]do acknowledge[/u] you're giving this your best shot - entertains the idea that God's wrath [i]might[/i] fall on a believer by accident; not only by accident, but also in [i]contradiction[/i] of several examples in His written word.

Please brother, think again. :-D He is [i][b]much[/i][/b] bigger than that!

My reasons for believing God can distinguish between believers and unbelievers - should both be near each other when His wrath falls - apart from the verses I've already quoted in the previous post - are more verses of the same kind.

For instance, when the only person to touch the ark of the covenant was slain by God (I can't find the reference), or Ananias, then Sapphira, were individually struck down at separate times in the same roomful of believers. Or here

[color=0000FF]Numbers 26
This [i]is that[/i] Dathan and Abiram, [i]which were[/i] famous in the congregation, [b]who strove against Moses and against Aaron in the company of Korah, when they strove against the LORD:[/b]
10 And [u]the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them[/u] up together with Korah, when that company died, what time [u]the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men[/u]: and they became a sign.

Numbers 21:8
And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. [/color]

Here, the Lord knew each individual who had looked on the serpent, and their lives He saved. It is the same principle by which we are saved. I really do want to say to you [i][b]Be of good comfort![/b][/i] or [i][b]Woman, why weepest thou?[/i][/b] or [i][b]The blood of Jesus Christ speaketh better things than that of Abel[/i][/b] or, [i][b]Be of [u]good[/u] cheer! I have overcome the world![/i][/b]

This is the same God, whose tender mercies enable Him to divide between the motives of our hearts, of Whom you are suggesting He might not keep His word to those of us taking refuge in Christ Jesus? (I cannot agree.)

[color=0000FF]Hebrews 4
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that [b]rest, [u]lest any[/u] man fall[/b] after the same [b]example of unbelief[/b].
12 For the word of God [i]is[/i] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [i]is[/i] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things [i]are[/i] naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

14 [u]Seeing then[/u] that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, [b]let us hold fast[/b] [i]our[/i][b] profession[/b].
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [i]we are, yet[/i] without sin.
16 Let us therefore [b]come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy[/b], and find grace to help in time of need. [/color]

2008/2/10 19:18
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Locked.

2008/2/10 19:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy