SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : A View of Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

A View of Revival

To be revived,the opposite of being dead. A sense of revival: the sense of the eternal, the spiritual vs. minding the things of the flesh, those things of mere religion; with sincerity of heart desiring to become more like Christ than to become like a mere man. To have a heart to be a fully functioning member of the Body of Christ which is to be obedient to the Scriptures, those which ask us to be giving, forgiving, humble towards one another, loving with the love of Christ which poured out Himself for those around Him with compassion and truth.. and His life..

To practice righteousness through the grace given us by God through the Holy Spirit, seeking to be the gift which we have received: whether of prophecy let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; or ministry let us wait (being patient and full of faith); on our ministering; or teaching, or exhorting. Being diligent, fervent in spirit, rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, instant in prayer, given to hospitality. Willing to yeild, full of blessing and not cursing, not being overcome by evil but overcoming evil with good. And what kind of good? But to be Christlike in our families and our business dealings, in our relationships to both the brother and sister as well as those who are unsaved and backsliding.

How can the Spirit of Christ be consummerate with striving over words? Should we condemn the world and remain unchanged? If our brother or sister sins against us should we rail against them in our heart or our words and not seek to rather repair the breach by our own seeking of forgiveness, regardless of their response? Can we neglect the poor, the homeless, the poor, the widow, the orphan, the helpless and think we are doing God's service by speaking many words, or attending a building? Are our hearts broken by the degradation of the sins swallowing the oppressed? Can we see the masses of humanity as eternal souls bound for a Christless eternity lest WE BECOME the Body of Christ on this earth?

NO, we need the spirit of tears, we need the brokenness of Christ, we need the heart humbled before the cross, we need to pour out our self minded ideas before the throne of God and lay them on the altar letting go of everything we hold in our hands, to grasp the horns of the altar and cry for mercy!! Not just for ourselves, but for multitudes that sit in darkness and squander the gift of life without any forethought! We need to cry out, It's me, it's me, O Lord, standing in the need of prayer!!

Once our hearts are softened by the repentance in our cries and of our lives; the revival towards Becoming the functional Body of Christ, full of the power of the Holy Spirit will begin! Then perhaps we can loose the bonds of wickedness, undo the heavy burdens, let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke, in the power of the Holy Spirit.

"Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily; and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rear guard" Is 58:8

To this end: to be in God's heaven, dressed in white robes, crying out with the angels, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory and blessing." and with the multitude in heaven saying: "Alleluia; for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth."

"And the Spirit and the bride say 'Come'. And let him that heareth say, 'Come'. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Rev 22:17

send a revival and start the work in me, I pray

2008/2/2 13:22Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: A View of Revival

Please forgive me, I had to edit a few words. Perhaps it's not that important to anyone else what one sister thinks revival is.. that's ok.. I just want to make sure that what has been written is reflective of my heart.

I have been involved in the churchworld pretty much all of my life; I was born again 24 years ago. I was put into both a very conventional church and then a body of believer which were undergoing the refreshing of the Lord, and many would consider that we had "revival".

Many were being saved, prayers were abundant and sincere hearted, the presence of God in the meetings was intense, worship was often overwhelming in its relevence to our hearts, men were learning to be the leaders of the church and teach and help all they saw that had need. There was much excitement, as a group we would go out into parks and prisons and everywhere we could to sing and pray for people who had HUGE issues. They started a street ministry, a homeless shelter, and several outreaches. People were delivered (or at least seemed to be) from drugs, alcholism, mental illness and fear.

But, it only took 3 years and the whole thing came crashing down with a great fall, many offended and wounded, and much sin.

So mere externals do not represent revival to me, but when the heart changes and humans are under the direction of Almighty God; things start to happen externally as well. But as I look back on it, one major missing ingredient, one I believe revival will not come without is a great sense of humility- first of all towards God and then towards the body of Christ, and then towards all the rest of humankind.

Humility is not an easy thing in this world, time, season, and place. I have a hard time believing that there is any of Christ's love without it! As Paul said, "Love does no harm", but in this present age MANY do harm even under the "banner" of love.

The woman who came to Jesus broken hearted was not concerned about the prideful Pharisee whose house it was, nor of their other guests- only Jesus. She poured out her most precious possession, she poured out her heart, she showed her adoration the only way she knew how. Jesus said she loved much because she was forgiven much.

May we all then clearly see what we have been forgiven of, our own great autrocities towards God and man! That with eyes clear and hearts humble we can see clearly the heart of Christ towards ALL that we come into contact with and BE the body of Christ, empowered, meek, and obedient!

"Lord Jesus I long to be perfectly whole, I want You forever to live in my soul, break down every idol, cast out every foe; now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow."

2008/2/3 12:09Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: A View of Revival

bump, thanks sister for your heart.

phil

2008/2/13 16:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy