SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Another dream

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

Another dream

It's about 6:15 on Saturday morning. I woke up early from a dream. I want to share it with you because it really ministered something to me that began when I listened to a sermon by John Piper earlier in the week called, The Beautiful Faith of Submission.

The dream: I was with a group of young people and I was the one in charge. There was this one young woman with a big mouth and when I say big, I don't just mean loud and mouthy, but her literal mouth was quite large on her face. She kept disrupting the group with her loud, rebellious talk. She was talking over the top of me as I was trying to instruct the group and I told her to be quiet. She laughed at me and continued talking disrespective of my authority. Again, I told her to be quiet and she said, "No!" and continued talking. I promptly jumped up from my seat and tackled her and slapped my hand over her mouth, but my hand wasn't as large as her mouth, so she was still struggling to say some things. At this point, I was sitting on her with one hand over her mouth and so, I took my other hand and held her nose until she was so out of breath, she finally stopped struggling to talk. At that point, I took my hands away and she just lay there with me sitting on top of her and was quiet. I asked her if she was going to be quiet now, and she shook her head, 'Yes'. I let her up and she returned to her seat. I pulled up a seat right in front of her and leaned forward in my chair and said, "Young lady, your sin of rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft to God! Do you understand that? She shook her head, 'yes'. "You must repent of your rebellion and self-will." Do you understand that? She shook her head, 'yes'. "You are not The Boss! Do you understand that?" Again, she shook her head, 'yes'. By this time, tears were rolling down both of our cheeks. I held her in my arms and told her how beautiful she was and how much this repentance was going to relieve her of a burden to control things and have everything her way. I told her that it would release her to go forward into her destiny in God. We were sobbing together. This was the end of the dream.

I knew when I awoke that this was a dream from God and I immediately had several scriptures running through my head. The first one was, I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I was struck for the first time at the power of this promise. So many times I feel helpless to change my unrighteous ways, but this verse gives me a promise that God will cleanse me!

Another verse which was running through my head was, James 5:16, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Another scripture that was coming to me was where Eve was in the garden and satan came to her suggesting that God might be deceiving her. He told her that she should eat from the tree that was forbidden and God was trying to trick her. I realized that Eve's first sin must have been fear. I was remembering times that someone has suggested to me that another person that I have trusted is deceiving me. I remember the fear that swept over me at the thought that I might be deceived. Fear is the first feeling one has in this situation, then anger at the betrayal and the anger leads to rebellion or rejection against the person. We then have a doubt that we are entertaining and in the case of Eve, it led to her choosing to believe a lie, which led to her choosing to reject God as her Lord and choose to be her own god. This is huge! That scripture from I Samuel 15:23, "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubborness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord..." Eve rejected the word of the Lord which caused a domino effect of sins and all because satan suggested to her that God was a liar! Satan is still suggesting to God's people that God is a liar. We prove that we believe him when we don't do what God says, then, we are cursed with a self-willed, self-ruled life of worry, because we know that we cannot cover all the bases and protect ourselves from every attack that this world sends our way. We curse ourselves to a life of fear! Oh, God! This is huge! Let us repent and turn back to God and find rest! Love, Dian.

2008/2/2 8:16Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: Another dream

Quote:

but her literal mouth was quite large on her face. She kept disrupting the group with her loud, rebellious talk. She was talking over the top of me as I was trying to instruct the group and I told her to be quiet. She laughed at me and continued talking disrespective of my authority. Again, I told her to be quiet and she said, "No!" and continued talking. I promptly jumped up from my seat and tackled her and slapped my hand over her mouth, but my hand wasn't as large as her mouth, so she was still struggling to say some things. At this point, I was sitting on her with one hand over her mouth and so, I took my other hand and held her nose until she was so out of breath, she finally stopped struggling to talk. At that point, I took my hands away and she just lay there with me sitting on top of her and was quiet. I asked her if she was going to be quiet now, and she shook her head, 'Yes'. I let her up and she returned to her seat. I pulled up a seat right in front of her and leaned forward in my chair and said, "Young lady, your sin of rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft to God! Do you understand that? She shook her head, 'yes'. "You must repent of your rebellion and self-will." Do you understand that? She shook her head, 'yes'. "You are not The Boss! Do you understand that?" Again, she shook her head, 'yes'. By this time, tears were rolling down both of our cheeks. I held her in my arms and told her how beautiful she was and how much this repentance was going to relieve her of a burden to control things and have everything her way. I told her that it would release her to go forward into her destiny in God. We were sobbing together. This was the end of the dream.

I couldn't help but consider the significance of the woman, although Eve was the first women there is a second who is the Bride of Christ, she is comprised of the Church (the Church of the Ages Born of Christ, faithful and obedient); we who live in this age where self will and stubbornness are exalted, many brought up on our parents knees learning rebellion as a way of life(not many households like the Wesley's around),are full of rebellion and pride down to the depths of our personalities. This woman was not afraid,she mocked the authority and strove to disrupt: a sure expression of foolish pride. But thanks be to God, this woman found a place to repent; in the book of the Revelation 2:21 the Lord said: "And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not."; which shows me some will harden their hearts, and "their foolish hearts were darkened", the unrepented hearted- what a sad state of affairs.

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the Church, and gave Himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of the water by the word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." Eph 5:27

Thanks for sharing your dream, I pray that we all deire a submissive and humble heart that we all may be a part of that Bride who "hath made herself ready."

Just for thought: the two women representatives of righteousness and wickedness, of submission and rebellion, of grace and the law: Mary(a couple of them) and Jezebel, the Bride and the Whore, Sarah and Hagar, Jerusalem and Babylon.

Lori

2008/2/2 11:55Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your dream, I pray that we all deire a submissive and humble heart that we all may be a part of that Bride who "hath made herself ready."

I second this.

"hath made herself ready." This has been in my spirit as a sense of urgency recently. I've spoken about it in other posts, so I won't repeat it here. But, I will say that the scripture that keeps coming to my mind is Matthew 25.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'

9" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11"Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

12"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

2008/2/2 12:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy