Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Security of the Believer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

In the Church we have three levels of declaring salvation by the Christ in us.

Children, Sons and Fathers.

1 John 2:12-14 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake. I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father. I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

If salvation is as a child believing and this is all that is taught them, that is where they will stay.

I praise God it is not up to man to gain salvation. I also praise God it is not up to man to loose it.

This faith you say we can loose and walk away from so great salvation.

This is the faith of Jesus Christ that saves us.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

There are levels of Faith also, initial, child like faith, intermediate which is sonship faith, mature which is father faith.

1Cr 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet [have ye] not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

In other words Paul in Christ Jesus has begotten us through the Gospel. Also God Himself has begotten us in Christ Jesus. 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Who liveth and abideth forever?

It is Christ Jesus the first born among many.

Once you are born, you are your Fathers son and that cannot be changed no matter what you do. If you loose your birthing, then the Seed of the Father to no avail. God is not an abortionist and His Seed is pure and able to keep us until the end.

Jude 1:24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Still you say you can loose your salvation, and all it takes is childlike faith, I believe this is making light of the Word of God which is able to keep you and even separate the soul and spirit.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You are Christs. Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

That faith not of ourselves.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

How can we loose that which is not ours in the first place.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/2/5 3:01Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip,

For the last week I sat under this preachers teaching. For five days he preached about our incomparable Christ. The last day as he preached the Spirit quickened my spirit in a wonderful way. I would encourage you to listen to this the last of the five sermons.

http://www.charityministries.org/msg_detail.a5w?vlast_index=3963

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2008/2/10 8:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy