SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Undersea cable fault disrupts internet access

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

I just came by to say that I saw an article today stating that the undersea cables were damaged by an "abandoned anchor." (If anyone is interested. I see the conversation has taken another direction! Not a complaint, I just didn't expect it!)

2008/2/8 20:34Profile

Re:

The "anchor" story was debunked.

Two cables were cut at the same time - 250 miles apart and there are up to 5 cut at last count.

The anchor story was their first understanding.

2008/2/8 21:58

Re:

Brother MC, I see things completely different than what you've shared in your post.

My head is wrapped around the globe. I can know what is going on in Pakistan, Kenya, and so forth and pray for them all.

To shut down on Current Events makes no sense to me whatsoever and maintain the "mind of Christ" - Who's Mind is wrapped around the Globe and is our example. He Cares.

Evil will always be with us - until He comes, that is why He said that we should be wise as serpents but as harmless as Doves.

The sons of Issachar were praised for knowing the times and that same mind is alluded to in Daniel and Revelation.

The News section may just be a place that you should avoid, if the News bothers you.
I understand that some don't want to hear anything negative.
I had a Pastor once say to me, "I don't want to hear anything negative from the Holy Spirit."

As I read Daniel 7-12, I see that those things were written for us to know and to "compute" as that word is used in Revelation.

All that is written in Revelation was not written to be ignored but to seek the Holy Spirit to 'reveal' as the events are happening or about to happen.

Though this thread had nothing to do with prophecy in the beginning - it may be leading that way - if Iran is the next target.

According to Daniel 8 - it is indeed.

I do not spend my whole day on this topic - but as much time as the Scriptures do.

Is it that folks only notice my posts on these type topics? I'm not asking anyone to do a Search on my posts, but I think if one did, they'd see where my head is Also - besides - the Signs of His Coming.

I love you Brother Mike. I hope you know that. It means much that that unity be preserved despite our differences of opinion on these current events or what some see as signs of the times written for our sake into His Word.

His Best to you.

Annie

2008/2/8 22:14
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Brother Mike, how are you?

Brother, you wrote

"Man's heart is violent enough without adding unnecessary fear and hatred."

Recently I noticed how many times the word [i]stirred[/i] is used in connection with the religous Jews in the book of Acts.

In Acts chapter 6 it is "...certain of the synagogue, which is called the [i]synagogue[/i] of the Libertines," and others, who [i]stirred up[/i] the people and others against Stephen.

Strong's says the word here translated stirred up is

G4787
συγκινέω
sugkineō
soong-kin-eh'-o
From G4682 and G2795; to move together, that is, (specifically) to excite as a mass (to sedition): - stir up.

In Acts 13:50 we read of those who "stirred up the devout and honorable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas"

Stirred up here is

G3951
παροτρύνω
parotrunō
par-ot-roo'-no
From G3844 and ὀτρύνω otrunō (to spur); to urge along, that is, stimulate (to hostility): - stir up.

Next in Acts 14:2 "...the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren."

Stirred up is here, again according to Strong's

G1892
ἐπεγείρω
epegeirō
ep-eg-i'-ro
From G1909 and G1453; to rouse upon, that is, (figuratively) to excite against: - raise, stir up.

In Acts 17:13 "...the Jews of Thessalonica...stirred up the people."

G4531
σαλεύω
saleuō
sal-yoo'-o
From G4535; to waver, that is, agitate, rock, topple or (by implication) destroy; figuratively to disturb, incite: - move, shake (together), which can [-not] be shaken, stir up.

And then in Acts 21:27 "...the Jews which were of Asia...stirred up all the people"

G4797
συγχέω
sugcheō
soong-kheh'-o
Or συγχύνω sugchunō soong-khoo'-no
From G4862 and χέω “cheō” (to pour) or its alternate; to commingle promiscuously, that is, (figuratively) to throw (an assembly) into disorder, to perplex (the mind): - confound, confuse, stir up, be in an uproar.

I noticed also in this passage that they 'supposed' that Paul had brought "Trophimus an Ephesian" into the Temple.

Also brother Mike,

"The news, the blogs, and everything in between is completely unreliable because their precepts are far from God..."

In Exodus it says

"Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked."

- chapter 23 verse 7(KJV)

Strong's says that one of the words which is translated "false matter" is

H8267
שׁקר
sheqer
sheh'-ker
From H8266; an untruth; by implication a sham (often adverbially): - without a cause, deceit (-ful), false (-hood, -ly), feignedly, liar, + lie, lying, vain (thing), wrongfully.

And before this, in verse 1 of chapter 23 it says

"Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness."

Here, Strong's says the word 'report' is

H8088
שׁמע
shêma‛
shay'-mah
From H8085; something heard, that is, a sound, rumor, announcement; abstractly audience: - bruit, fame, hear (-ing), loud, report, speech, tidings.

And right after this the scripture says

"Thou shalt not follow a multitude to [i]do[/i] evil..."

Chris

2008/2/8 22:16Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
by HE_Reigns on 2008/2/8 20:58:32

The "anchor" story was debunked.

Two cables were cut at the same time - 250 miles apart and there are up to 5 cut at last count.

The anchor story was their first understanding.

Go figure. I read the article on either CNN or FoxNews. Go figure that someone tried to blame it on someone else who supposedly abandoned an anchor. I wonder how long it took someone to think that one up? "Hey, guys! I got it! Listen to this....!"

2008/2/8 22:27Profile

Re:

Chris, when I did that post on understanding the gifts of the spirit - you came on and "stirred things up" and no one could understand why, because the gist of that whole thread was For Love and Unity and not looking at our gifts but the Giver.

How do you post such scriptures pointed at me?

How dare you judge my heart with such evil intents or compare what Mike wrote to me with Those Scriptures - "judging hearts with Evil intents".

Is this what Mike meant? Is this what he is charging me with? Is this your way to bring unity and understanding between us all?

2008/2/8 22:34
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Annie, about the other thread you started, I think you are right, in that I should have left my concerns unspoken or found another way to express them. Please forgive me if I wronged you in any way.

Here, I'm not sure what you are reading in this? I thought these things are appropriate in regards to what Mike wrote.

Annie, I do not know what your intents are here and I do not think I had any suspicions of what they may be in mind when I shared these things.

Thank you,

Chris

2008/2/8 22:59Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Again for clarification,

Brother Mike wrote

[b][color=000000]"Man's heart is violent enough without adding unnecessary fear and hatred."[/color][/b]

2008/2/8 23:00Profile

Re: This was my reply to Mike - Where's the hate?

Dear Brother Mike, I do understand, in part, what you are saying. I hope you can give me a chance to explain my frustrations with this talk of "war on Iran" that I can't seem to escape. Tempts me to watch something dumb on television, but I don't watch the thing ---- but maybe I should, just so I could shut down my care-response with Sit-Coms or something.

To hear about Iran on Billy Graham's radio station from James Dobson continuously and others and then turning to the News station and hearing it there, and for going on years now -- 'That' is why I titled my post "and Rumors of war".
Last Fall, Dobson came on his program on a Monday saying - 'Eighteen of us were in the Oval Office, but I can't tell you what we talked about - but for this Whole Week - we will have guests speaking about our war with Iran and how that will bring Russia to attack the U.S. and Israel'. That "Focus on the Family" giving a whole week, non-stop, to this Iran war they're planning. That frustrates the life out of me. Then they've repeated these type programs since. And that's just one program on that Station.

I hate war. I'm tired of hearing about it. I tired of hearing all the different accounts of it. From Gitmo - on. I hear ALL sides. I listen to ALL sides, with good reason, I believe.

The one article from the BBC that I posted above said - "US 'pleased'
A US official said the resolution would "increase the severity" of existing sanctions, such as travel bans and asset freezes, "[u]and will also introduce new elements[/u]". "

Then these which I posted first - http://www.internettrafficreport.com/asia.htm

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/history/267.htm

From what all that I've heard, they, in Iran are in desperate need of "electricity" - they must ration it out quite a bit, and for years now, they have begged that they do not want war and only want the same nuclear power plants that we enjoy.

If I can still have and ask for "Love & Peace" in the midst of this crazy world, with 40 "rumors" about one country or another over-seas - it's because I feel we are all hearing conflicting stories and that is why I posted more than one. We NEED "Love & Peace" because these wars have now caused Christians to yell out - "Nuke 'em" and "Torture is Good".

I NEED "Love & Peace" - because I listen to ALL sides and not just FOX news and believe that with our Sources for News, we need to hear it from ALL sides - so we don't masacre another bunch of people in "the name of peace".

WE are the ones who should be careful and open minded to hear ALL sides before we back KILLING and being killed.

If we could say and bank other's lives on it - that there are only pure motives from those who run this earth - this thread wouldn't exist at all.

With the continuing "rumors" of wars - we Have to have His Love and maintain our Peace and pray for it for Iran [u]and whomever else[/u] and hear them ALL out. Every side. Israel may not be Right in their treatment of those in Gaza. Iran may just truly desire Electricity, as that article has proved through those sources who report on Iran's capabilities and non-capabilities. The LORD will show us who was/is telling the truth or not - but I fear it won't be until HE comes in most cases and after we've backed systems that are not "working for Him", but for a Global Greedy System and worse. Rick Warren and all included.

Love and the true desire for Peace should be in our hearts at this time more than ever - when innocents may be killed and we as a nation (as Dobson and all say) may bring Russia Plus, down on our own heads, over reasons that we don't hear from FOX news or whatever we've limited ourselves to listen to. We of all the people's on this earth should care enough to truly get to the bottom of this rumor of a war with Iran (or any others) - we are the ones that are spoke of in Daniel, etc. as "having understanding" of the times. The events SINCE Mr. Bush left the mid-east was all they reported on. I find no fault in that one article compared to the FOX etc cry to "Nuke 'em and Torture 'em".

If nothing else - the various sources on this Iran topic gives me more to pray over - because we 'are' to Care - despite what ethnicity we may wipe off of the map and then get excited over Ezek 38 on our Christian Ministies that we'll thus bring Russia upon ourselves and Israel. That week with Dobson and Co. made me sick.

And I do love you also.

Just wish I could communicate my heart better. Expressive aphasia is a real drag brother.

Love & Peace.

Annie

Edit: What else bothers me - Hussein was hung for killing 141 people - but it is China on this security counsel who is making decisions on world security and judgments on Iran and How Many Have They Killed - especially to this day, Christians? Russia and China are the main 6 on the UN Security Council.

Yes, this stuff breaks my heart.

2008/2/8 23:12
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Apparently, it really was an anchor. Here's the story, with pictures, on CNN.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/02/08/internet.outage/index.html]Firm: Ship's anchor cut Mideast Internet cable[/url]

(CNN) -- A telecommunications company on Friday blamed a ship anchor for cutting one of three severed undersea cables that snarled Internet traffic throughout the Middle East last week.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
- Three undersea Internet cables off Dubai, Egypt to be online in days, officials say
- Cut cables hurt Mideast Web traffic last week, prompting conspiracy theories
- Severed undersea cables quite common and sabotage unlikely, analyst says
- Analyst: "Tin-foil hat crowd" suspects U.S. military or terrorists behind snafu

2008/2/9 0:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy