Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Why Darwinism is So Dangerous

[b]Why Darwinism is So Dangerous[/b]

For Ben Stein, host of an upcoming documentary on the dominance of Darwinism in academia, Darwinism is not just problematic but dangerous even.

In a media teleconference for the film “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed” on Tuesday, Stein pointed out that Darwinian teaching on natural selection and random mutation "led in a straight line to the holocaust and Nazism."

Darwin said that there were certain species that were superior to other species and all were competing for scarce supplies of food or resources, Stein pointed out. But if there was a limited supply of basic resources, Darwinism taught that "you owe it to the superior race to kill the inferior race," he told reporters. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080123/30947_Why_Darwinism_is_So_Dangerous.htm

2008/1/24 9:05Profile

Re: Why Darwinism is So Dangerous

Here's some more information on this subject:

Hitler as a Christian

Hitler commonly and throughout life referred to himself as a Christian. He peppered his personal and public communications with biblical references and affirmations of his faith. Hitler believed in Jesus, he believed in Christianity and he believed - much like Abraham willing to sacrifice his own son - that he was doing the Lord's work. He stated so verbatim in Mein Kampf "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." What else is there to make one a Christian than personal affirmation in belief? As follows below, Hitler often referred to his beliefs, but his belief was also confirmed by clergymen of his time. The Catholic Cardinal Faulhaber of Munich visited Hitler at his mountain retreat at Obersalzburg in November 1936 and confirmed:

"Without doubt the chancellor [Hitler] lives in faith in God. He recognizes Christianity as the foundation of Western culture." Cardinal Faulhaber [quoted from Helmreich, p.279]

Social Darwinism had its beginning before Darwin under the name eugenics - and in fact to a clergymen named Thomas Malthus, as well as Francis Galton, Spencer and others. Evolution does not teach that one race will dominate over another. Hitler abused science to justify his abuse of religion and thereby people. His views were not based on Darwinism, but rather his religious beliefs. Darwinism appeared to support his case, so he twisted it to fit his purposes; which is what many Christians try to do with Nazism and Darwin. Darwin's theory of evolution having been misapplied via the biological principles of natural selection to the social, political, and economic realms led to people trying to place themselves above others. Elitist mindsets seek to support their confidence and elite status (as they perceive it) whenever they can and to whatever distortion is available.

"In the interest of reducing the proportion of the "less fit" in society, eugenicists in the United States helped restrict immigration from Eastern and Southern Europe. They promoted the passage of eugenic sterilization laws that disproportionately threatened lower-income groups. The laws and programs they fostered supplied a model for the Nazis, who sterilized several hundred thousand people and, brandishing their research into the genetics of individual and racial differences, claimed scientific justifications for the Holocaust." - In the Name of Eugenics, Daniel Kevles

Hitler never mentioned Darwin nor did his view of nature reflect any substantive understanding of evolution. In fact, Hitler's racism was based on the view that "races were created distinct by God" and he frequently cited works such as Martin Luther's "On the Jews and their Lies" as guides to his policies. Contrast that with what Darwin said "As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all the members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races." - The Descent of Man, 1871.

2008/1/24 17:21
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Contrast that (Hitler's agenda) with what Darwin said...

I suspect that Darwin's books have been so revised and edited according to evolving political correctness that it's hard to know what he believed when he first wrote them.

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes … will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as now between the negro or Australian and the gorilla."

Charles Darwin, "The Descent of Man", 2nd edition, New York, A L. Burt Co., 1874, p. 178

MC

2008/1/24 18:42Profile

Re: Why Darwinism is so Dangerous

I am shocked to read this, Mike:

Quote:
civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate...

Honestly, isn't 'civilised\exterminate' an oxymoron? (That's rhetorical, I think.)

I had no idea this was involved in the Theory of Evolution. :-o

2008/1/24 20:56
dbm

Lisle, Illinois

Re:

Civilization has a nasty track record all the way down the line...from start...

Genesis 4 9-17:

And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Genesis 11: 1-8

"And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth."

to finish...

Revelation 14:8

And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

2008/1/24 21:18Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I had no idea this was involved in the Theory of Evolution.

Hi Dorcas,

It's funny how differently we might look at an idea depending on the context surrounding that idea. The placid acceptance that a 'higher race' will naturally supersede and exterminate lesser races seems appalling to us moderns, but certainly in Darwin's time, during the very last years of 3 centuries of European colonization, the idea was more politically correct.

Though there are mountains of data generated in the name of evolution, there is very little actual nut and bolts testable science in the vapid thesis that man evolved from monkeys. I believe the policy to exclusively promote Darwinian cosmology in state education institutions owes more to it's usefulness as a powerful ideological sanction for radical social engineering then for it's power to inform us of reality. (Not to mention it's handy moral ambiguity.) However it might be fair to say that the use of evolution as an ideological weapon against religion could be a reaction against the exploitive and even genocidal perversion of religion by formerly "christian' nations.

(edit: no conspiracy implied here...just base nature playing itself out.)

MC

2008/1/24 22:49Profile
Friedrick

Nicaragua

Re: Why Darwinism is So Dangerous

Darwinism was not only a root in the holocaust and Nazism but is also the foundation for abortion. Consider this recent report from Creation Science Evangelism:

"Thirty-five years ago this week, America joined the ranks of nations engaging in the genocide of its own people. In 1973 the U.S. Supreme Court launched an all-out assault, this time not on a religious or ethnic group, but on victims with no voice, no defense, and no allies. It marks the day that, under the pretense of privacy, the womb became an unfair battlefield for the unborn.

The beginning of America’s toleration for abortion can be traced back to the mid-1800s. It was in 1860 that German college professor Ernst Haeckel, just finishing Darwin’s Origin of the Species, left his physician practice for the study of embryology. So convinced by what he read, Haeckel became one of the most zealous advocates of Darwinism in the nineteenth century.

Nine years later, with no real evidence for evolution, Haeckel devised sketched charts of human developmental stages. By 1875, Haeckel was convicted of fraud in a trial held by his own university. There he admitted to faking his drawings in an attempt to show similarities between the human embryo and that of animals. But today, many biology textbooks still include these charts, purposefully deceiving thousands of students, with no mention of their fraudulent history.

Despite Haeckel's conviction, his drawings paved the way for the murdering of the unborn. If a human life is nothing more than an animal, it’s no wonder the textbooks refer to the unborn as a mere “blob of tissue.” Haeckel’s sacred cow of evolution is the well-hidden and underlying missing link to abortion.

America often mourns the horror of September 11, 2001 when nearly three thousand lives were tragically taken, yet keeps silent as more than four thousand lives are stolen each day through this evolution-influenced terrorism called abortion. We protest the casualties of war—yet turn our heads away from the 50 million innocent victims of Roe v. Wade. As Christians continue to stand on the sidelines, the Bible is unwavering; God ordained each of us in the womb (Jeremiah 1:5). Christians, it’s time to take a stand –it’s time for a change."

- Creation Science Evangelism. January 24, 2008. "Evolution - the Missing Link to Abortion" http://www.drdino.com/readNews.php?id=43 Accessed 24/01/08

Dr. Kent Hovind, the founder of Creation Science Evangelism, also shows some more than auspicious statistics which link the drastic increase in sexually transmitted diseases, decline in student achievement, violent crime offenses, unwed birth rates, divorce rates, and unmarried couples to teaching Evolution (~Darwinism) in public school (This happened between 1960 and 1970 in the United States)

- Dr. Kent Hovind. (1998) "Creation Science Evangelism - Seminar Notebook." Pensacola Florda 32503. pgs 45-51

Hopefully I did not deviate the intended path of this thread,

Friedrick

2008/1/24 23:35Profile

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
I had no idea this was involved in the Theory of Evolution. :-o

I think we have to be careful here. The vast majority of Evolutionists cannot surely believe in liquidating "inferior" races? Many perhaps are even against abortion?

However, Evolutionary philosophy (it has no right to be called a theory because it has not been, and cannot be, verified by experimant or observation) [i]is[/i] dangerous. Dangerous because it undermines the moral foundations of any decent society, and provides a breeding ground for the Hitlers the Stalins, the pro-abortion-on-demand people and the euthanasia supporters to flourish.

I only ever knew one atheist who actually lived [i]down[/i] to his beliefs! But the logical result of atheism has to be that everyone does whatever he wants, and the strongest and most ruthless liquidates all who are no use to him.

Why not if there is no higher power to which we are answerable?

And the logical result of Evolution is that human life is no more, or no less, of value than that of animals and plants.

There are those who support abortion on demand but believe that anyone who kills an [i]animal[/i] should be tried for murder!

What next - "human rights" for fleas? (I'm only half joking)

Jeannette

2008/2/4 16:12

Re:

you are right that some of us that believe in evolution are opposed to abortion. but the notion that human life is no more or less of value than animals and plants is not right. all life has value.

evolution explains how we got here, but does not provide us with values because the natural selection process that it employs is blind to the notion of human values. these values that people imput onto evolution, (might makes right, survival of the fittest) are not justified. Evolution tells us about the workings of nature and the adapability of living organisms over time, but says nothing about how humans should relate to nature or other humans.

that people place values or imput them onto evolution is specious. evolution is nothing more than the interaction of various agents in our environment over time. It has no values.

Evolution is God's tool (process) for creating the many different species of living things, including us.

bub

2008/2/4 17:14

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
you are right that some of us that believe in evolution are opposed to abortion. but the notion that human life is no more or less of value than animals and plants is not right. all life has value.

evolution explains how we got here, but does not provide us with values because the natural selection process that it employs is blind to the notion of human values. these values that people imput onto evolution, (might makes right, survival of the fittest) are not justified. Evolution tells us about the workings of nature and the adapability of living organisms over time, but says nothing about how humans should relate to nature or other humans.

that people place values or imput them onto evolution is specious. evolution is nothing more than the interaction of various agents in our environment over time. It has no values.

Evolution is God's tool (process) for creating the many different species of living things, including us.

bub

HI Bub

How many times do we have to tell you that Evolution does NOT explain "how we got here".

It does NOT "tell us about the workings of nature and the adapability of living organisms over time".

It is NOT "God's tool (process) for creating the many different species of living things, including us."

Mutation, natural selection, speciation and adaptive radiation do occur, of course, but that is NOT Evolution, but changes in genetic information that is [i]already present[/i]! Rather these processes tend to [i]destroy[/i] genetic information and/or [i]decrease[/i] the amount of genetic variability in a population.

There is no way that these processes can cause a simple organism to become more complex!

Which is what [i]must[/i] happen if Evolution were true.

There is NO known process that can drive Evolution, however much evolutionists try to persuade themselves and others that this is so!!!

Give up, Bub, please!

in Him

Jeannette

2008/2/4 17:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy