SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : HIS service is a exclusively a passion...not a profession.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HIServant

HIS service is a exclusively a passion...not a profession.

Devotional: When one serves out of obligation, either at the beginning or having stumbled into the weeds of prosperity centric preaching…then HIS passion for the Lost will not be displayed nor recognized in such a vessel. May we all faithfully serve with the zeal and passion of CHRIST! Amen and amen!

[u][b][color=99FFFF]Passion’s Profession[/color][/b][/u]

What precedes our service
is when we confess!
Then rise we with purpose
and HIS WORD – confess!

Yet should some resign here
without further action,
then Stumbling shall claim those
whose steps bear…no passion!

As HIS servant in your service,
WVW Jasnoch 1/23/08

2008/1/23 23:10Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re: HIS service is a exclusively a passion...not a profession.

His servant,

The title of your thread reminded me of something I just read yesterday. There was an ad in the back of fishing and hunting magazine. In the ad there was a man pictured with a quote which read my profession is a pastor, my passion is deer hunting. It was disturbing to me.

It reminded me of what Ravenhill said "Anything you love more than Jesus Christ is an idol, don't care what it is!"

Murray

2008/1/24 6:47Profile
HIServant

My passion is CHRIST....my profession is HIS servant

Thank you for that written "visual", Murray. I was told of the man who inspired the song, "I have decided to follow Jesus." He was part of a village that worshipped idols and some missionaries tried unsuccessfully to see any converts. But one day, this man did accept CHRIST and wholeheartedly so. To the point that the entire village and his family hated him. They were so incensed that they took him to be burned alive if he did not renouce CHRIST.

The song we sing today was written by him and sung by him as I heard the story last night...and he sang this song while he was being burned alive.

My point in addition to yours is that it was a passionate display that came from GOD's unending wellspring within him. He joyously stayed the course. How often I need to be reminded that such is the display I must show at all times! Not that I'm a children's director on Sundays and Joe Average Christian -- uninvolved -- during the week. I remind myself that my actions must be "My passion is CHRIST and my profession is...HIS Servant!"

As HIS servant in your service,

Whitney

2008/1/24 14:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy