Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : EXPELLED

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

EXPELLED

Hope it is ok to refer to this video.

There is a video on Godtube by the title EXPELLED.

It is by Ben Stein and is due to be released in theatres in the US in February.

I don't think Stein is a Christian, but the movie is based on the creation/evolution debate that is always taking place.

It looks more like it has to do with Intelligent Design.

The trailer for the movie is worth watching. It's less than 8 minutes long.

It shows that freedom of speech is acceptable, until you want to talk about God, creation and related subjects.

God bless.

2008/1/16 8:19Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: EXPELLED

It looks like it should be a lot of fun, more fun than say the latest action movie or dirty comedy at least. I enjoy Ben Stein, he's a smart guy, and he's taking up a worthy topic with this work. Too bad he's ambiguous about what he believes.

Ben Stein is not a Christian, but as the previous post already aluded to, he is Jewish, which I'm sure many Evangelicals would be very happy to regard as a brother in arms.

Here's one of his quotes: "I don’t like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don’t think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can’t find it in the Constitution and I don’t like it being shoved down my throat."

2008/1/16 10:39Profile
Compton

Re:

I highly recommend seeing this documentary.

What surprised me was that at the end of the film, which showed many institutional Dawrinists as bitter cryptofascists, the packed theater broke out in applause.

MC

2008/4/20 12:37Profile

The world says, is ok to talk about God things, but only in certain places, some places are just off limits, because it is divisive to many. Even if the purpose of such thinking is obscured, we can plainly see the results. His Word is hampered if not silenced in many areas.
Only by HIS grace we can be saved, but Eph 2:10 tells us we are God's workmanship and about what HIS grace produces (Good Works)and it is rather revealing sometimes.

Anyone have any grandkids that they are fond of? Do you ever talk about them? Would you allow someone to instruct you not to discuss them in a certain conversion?

How about if you were telling someone about your father and how he was a Godly man and part of his work in this life, before he went home to be with the Lord was the fight on abortion? Would you want someone telling you, excuse me, you can talk about your father but you can't talk about what made him tick or what he thought was right or wrong, that's of limits. :-x

Imagine one of your children, whom you dearly loved, and this child had always given you praise and loved you. One day you observed this child whom you love dearly and you had sacrificed for in so many ways, and they then they became silent in speaking of their love for you. Silenced in speaking of what was pleasing to you and what wasn't. The child had always revered your name and displayed their obedience to you and always shown they wanted to make you happy and then one day you observed them being silenced about you, as not to offend their so-called friends, in the name of peace and unity. :-x
What would you think?
Jesus is a real person and are we HIS brothers and sisters?

Matt 12:49-50
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
KJV

2008/4/20 16:02
repentcanada

Some brothers here in Edmonton, Canada told me that this movie was blacklisted from the movie theaters in our country. We truly are the land of the "weak and liberal".

2008/4/20 17:21Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
We truly are the land of the "weak and liberal".

Darwinism, while quite useless as a science, is very powerful as a philosophy for radical social engineering.

I was heartened to see that there were still formidable intellects questioning Darwinism in Poland, Germany, and France of all places.

MC

2008/4/20 17:54Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

repentcanada wrote:
Some brothers here in Edmonton, Canada told me that this movie was blacklisted from the movie theaters in our country. We truly are the land of the "weak and liberal".

I heard from another Canadian brother that it's coming to Canada in the summer. Is that true?

2008/4/20 18:21Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Compton said,

Quote:
Darwinism, while quite useless as a science, is very powerful as a philosophy for radical social engineering.

That's the truth. At its root, Darwinism as an ideology is about justifying expedient murder. It's about loving one's self above one's neighbor. For the leaders, it's a means of "teaching the fish to follow the school" wherever they determine is best for the species.

No wonder the government funds the teaching of it.

2008/4/21 0:25Profile
Compton

Re:

It is a role of the thinking person, Christian or not, to remind people that there are metaphysical foundations beneath all considerations of existence. Darwinism does not get a pass, simply by claiming to be 'scientific'...(sic).

For instance, when Jesus told us that God's eye is on the sparrow, or that men could not have the power to believe without the gracious and willing intervention of the Spirit, he revealed he didn't believe in the self-generating self-directing existence Darwin described.

I can tell you as a father of children growing up in this generation, this is not an academic issue, but an eternal one.

MC

2008/4/21 10:23Profile

Re: Expelled

I think almost every Christian can agree that Darwinism is a false belief and theory. However, the 'Christ-less Design' theory will save no soul. I'd just as soon go to the School Board and say 'We want Jesus preached in our classrooms because before Darwin was....He is' and let them totally reject me and call me crazy. Jesus, in the form of The Holy Spirit, is how we know Darwinism is bunk yet we want to carefully and strategically, in our own intellect, put lipstick on the 'pig of truth' and pitch an obscure theory that leaves Christ out. We're not going to convince anyone to repent of their sin and see Christ as the sacrifice for this sin by playing a cat and mouse game of 'who has the right answer'. Neither party can prove it's claim and if Christians need to prove God as Creator to win an argument then the enemy has tricked us once again. Paul said we live by FAITH NOT BY SIGHT. Let everyone else live by sight, Darwinism gives them a clear choice or alternative to Christ to eventually be judged by. If there's no choice for humans then Christ labored for nothing. We don't need more movies, we need more prayer. Thanks.

2008/4/24 15:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy