SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sin in the camp... your suggestions?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I have handled similar situations in a house church setting. It wasnt just me, it was handled by the elders, which I am one.

We had two situations... one was an unsaved couple that was living together who was invited to come to our house church. In that situation, since they were not saved, we loved on them and made them feel welcome. Eventually they got saved, got married and are now a vital part of our fellowship.

Another couple came, claiming to be believers, but refusing to get married. We put them out. Period. And we were bad mouthed and talked about... but I didnt care. I'm more concerned about what God thinks, not what those people and their friends thought.

Our purpose for putting them out? #1 - obedience to God's Word, #2 - concern for the spiritual welfare of our fellowship, especially the impressionable young people, #3 - for the spiritual welfare of the couple, that they would see their error and repent.

I dont understand how churches can let this sort of thing go on when scripture couldnt be more black and white about a subject.

Krispy

2008/1/14 14:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy