SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hope deferred

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Hope deferred

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but [i]when[/i] the desire cometh, [i]it is[/i] a tree of life."

- Proverbs chapter 13 verse 12(KJV)

2008/1/12 23:25Profile

Re: Hope deferred

Quote:
Hope deferred maketh the heart sick

This has got to be one of the all-time simplest definitions of how depression can start.

It is one thing (the loss of the power to hope), the Lord has had to do for me, is to work round my loss of hope and the natural feelings which go with hope, which often motivate one to greater things than one 'feels like' at the time.

am happy to report, that in recent months, hope has been ministered to me through many different channels (people) as a by-product of their love, patience and hopeful hearts.

:-D

2008/1/13 10:27

Hope Deferred:

After Momma passed away 24, August 2002, i was overwhelmed with grief that i had never known in my life time. The one thing that keeps me going in her passing is that i knew that i knew that i knew she was born again. Momma wasn't just a pew warmer, and didn't want to be seen nor did she want attention drawn to her either. She was truly a prayer warrior. She ministered to so many people 24/7 that i joked to her one day and said, Momma? It's pretty bad when i have to make an appointment to see and talk with my own mother huh? We both just laughed. You couldn't even say: JESUS and momma would start crying to which i would say: Momma? Whats wrong? She would reply with: I just love my Lord so much, he's just so precious to me. I never truly understood how many lives momma touched till the end of her life. She even lead someone who themselves were dieing of cancer to the Lord over the phone because momma was bed ridden at this time. But like i said i didn't realize the impact of Christ momma had on people until her funeral. There were almost 2,000 people there. The reason i write this is i've been grieving ever since and maybe perhaps the rest of my life, i don't know. But after momma passed away, some time after this i created an email of which this thread is about. Sorry i took so long to get to the point. The email i created in 2002 and still have is:

[email protected]

2008/1/13 11:28

Re:

I just PMed brother Chris with my thanks for this verse, as it was sort of personal, and I want to thank him again but now also thank Dorcas and Brother Julian for their responses.

Brother Julian, words aren't going to work right now with what you've just posted.
I haven't been that touched by a person's testimony in quite some time.

I can't wait to meet your Momma.

LORD what a day that will be.

Thank you Brother Julian and may He strengthen your heart, until That Day... with His Love.

2008/1/13 11:36

Though everyone so far has reacted the same with this verse, what was your original intent for placing this here Chris? 8-)

2008/1/13 12:04

HE_Reigns:

Quote:
Brother Julian, words aren't going to work right now with what you've just posted.

Quote:
I haven't been that touched by a person's testimony in quite some time.

Quote:
I can't wait to meet your Momma.

Quote:
LORD what a day that will be.

Quote:
Thank you Brother Julian and may He strengthen your heart, until That Day... with His Love.

I think you've done very well with your words and blessed my socks off!!! I am so touched and moved with what all you have said. May God bless you abundantly friend! You have strengthened me with your beautiful words from the heart and a big smile came over my face at your saying that you can't wait to meet my momma, how precious. You've made my day!!! Thank you with all my heart for your kindness and sweet spirit.

2008/1/13 12:17
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Compliments, sorry I didn't write sooner in response to your question. I thought it was appropriate for us at the time. There was something else on my own heart, but maybe it was enough as it was?

Take care for now,

Chris

2008/1/16 4:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy