SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for me in one of my greatest tasks

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Please pray for me in one of my greatest tasks

Brothers and Sisters,

I need your prayers for a task that is quite daunting for me. The Senior Pastor at my church who has been the pastor there for 43!! years went home to be with the Lord this past Thursday evening at about 9:05 PM. He had been ill for a few years now and I have been preaching in his stead, as I have many times during his illnesses through the years... I have been associate pastor for several years now. But the task of preaching his funeral, although it was expected for some time, is still one that I am unprepared for... as Danielle said regarding her boss on another thread, how can you sum up a life lived so totally for God in a simple few minutes message.

He leaves behind a devoted and godly wife and two children and several grandchildren who certainly need prayer.

If you can find it in your heart to pray for all of us and this town as we lose another one of those old time faithful soldiers of the cross, Please do so.

Thank you so much.

Clint

2008/1/12 18:25Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Please pray for me in one of my greatest tasks

I will pray brother.

2008/1/12 18:28Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

You, your family, the pastor's family, the church and friends were just lifted before the Lord and bathed in prayer. God will give you the words to speak. Don't worry about that.

2008/1/12 20:51Profile

LORD undergird you Brother Clint and comfort this Family and Body.

You'll stay in our prayers.
He'll strengthen you.

2008/1/13 1:21
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying.

2008/1/13 1:35Profile
Koheleth

NC

Quote:
how can you sum up a life lived so totally for God in a simple few minutes message.

My inclination would be, you can't, so don't. I understand other factors enter here, but there are two ways that so much can be accomplished by being sensitive to the Lord. First, let the Lord determine the length of time. Second, the Lord can multiply the effectiveness of the minutes by the words he gives you.

2008/1/13 3:55Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

prayer support will be offered from here.

i have been thinking of this it reminds me of my brothers funeral last year, The Lord shows me it's like we are going to my brothers wedding even though he is not married. I know it will be hard to be in it. But I pray that the Lord Jesus will bless you to deliver what ever He prepare for this time of mourning.
Be at peace, God Bless

2008/1/13 7:46Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Brother,

Certainly I will be praying for you. May you find peace in knowing that He hasn’t brought you to this place unprepared and He hasn’t made you go alone.

Danielle

2008/1/13 8:25Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: prayer

Thank you to all who prayed for me. God did answer and gave us the priveledge to glorify God on behalf of this blessed man of God.

Clint

2008/1/16 23:47Profile
BVO

ohio

Re:

thanks for the report. God be praised! Barry

2008/1/17 9:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy