SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Must Watch: Jeff Noblit (Paul Washer’s Pastor) Video: God Helps Those Who Cannot Help Themselves

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

bump.
This is main page material if you like good preaching.

2008/1/16 21:50
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
I am sorry too TJ. You heard a message that excited your spirit and you wanted to share it with others and all we done is picked it apart.

Well thats what Christians do best right? are at least most of them. :-)
Isn't that somes calling? thats what I thought.

2008/1/16 22:14Profile
newlaw

if you go to this church.

If you go to this church, do you know of any pastors like this in the Atlanta area. Could you ask the pastor if there are any like this? Or I might have to drive 3 hours.

Thanks, it would be greatly appreciated.

2008/1/29 9:09Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: if you go to this church.

Quote:

6,000,000 southern baptists and only 2,000,000 are really saved. How in Gods name does he know that? Theres probably more than 6,000,000 saved that have just come to church one sunday and found salvation but never came back, that does'nt mean their not saved. WHO SAYS YOU HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH TO BE SAVED!!!

Let's turn this around. Who gives you the right to say they can be saved yet never attend a fellowship? Who says that you can live in rebellion to the Bible and be a Christian? I'm not talking about steeples, I'm talking about assemblies of the saints- the called out.

There are MANY who profess Christ that are going to Hell. MANY in the Baptist Church, along with every other movement and denomination. Why would you dispute that?

Quote:
I seem to remeber a story about a man named Lazarus who laid at a gait and was full of sores and the dogs were licking his sores. Perfect explanation of a backslid Baptist.

What does this mean? If you're poor with sores you are a backslid baptist?

I think that is a horrible example of a backslider, considering you have no idea from the text whether he was a backslider or not. Unless you believe that health and wealth junk, I don't see how you can see him as backslidden.

2008/1/29 10:16Profile
Swordbearer

Re:

[i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? [/color][/b][/i] [i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. [/color][/b][/i][i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. [/color][/b][/i] [i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. [/color][/b][/i] [i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.[/color][/b][/i] [i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. [/color][/b][/i] [i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [/color][/b][/i] [i][b][color=0000CC]Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. [/color][/b][/i]

2008/1/29 20:40Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

May i share a little bit of my own mind in this matter if i may please.

I believe that brother paul saying is to look deeper within our self and be truly honest within our own peace of mind. What truly is the fruit of the works we are doing for Christ sake?.

If this is not true what brother paul had said, why is it inflicting your sensitive nerve for you to scream about it?. Is this means there is things that not wanting to faced in our own life am i right?. If there is no guilt nor self seeking, nor blemish no evil things in our work of hand what ever he had said will bring us peace and encouragement.

This is goes to all of the believer not just a baptist, methodist, or what ever belief any one followed.

I know that we have to test all teaching, vision, and prophesy, etc... but still we can not be so self righteous about it.

I humbly apologise if what i have written and shared is not right.
But us believer continually seek the Lord, and according to
1 Corinthians 12:25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.

And also in

Ephesians 4:1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says:

“ When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”[b]

9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first[c] descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.- (NKJV)

We can no longer run or hide must face the truth which is the word of God ...

Any way my dear brother and sister in christ i better shut my mouth for i know i am guilty of sins and selfish gain get glory which i continually repent.

God would and will recieve all the GLORY of His creation.

2008/1/29 21:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy