SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who Anointed Paul???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
PosterThread

Re:

Forrest, if the thread is not yet locked, here are some of your quotes from the last post, not in order:

Quote:

UniqueWebRev wrote:

I really never expected this reaction to what was an academically posed set of questions. I actually had the hope of scholarly answers, but I see now that I was mistaken to expect such a thing.

The only scholarly question seems to have been Romans 3:7. The answer I gave was from a commentary. Isn't that scholarly enough? You are free to disagree with that scholar's interpretation, as long as you provide scholarly reasons for doing so.

If you were serious about discussing the Scriptures how is it that you won't, even when someone tries to discuss in a reasonable fashion? I can understand anyone reacting if others jump down their throat for asking honest questions; but you refused to discuss the subject with me, when I invited you to in a pm, although I was still, at that time, very sympathetic, thinking that others were being unnecessarily hard on you.

[i]This[/i] was what convinced me that you were not after all asking honest questions, and had, probably from the beginning, no real intention of discussing the subject in [i]any[/i] way - let alone academic!

Quote:
Paul, for all his brilliance, is not Jesus, our Lord.

What has "brilliance" to do with divine inspiration?

Quote:
... I blame myself, for allowing myself to be pushed farther and faster by everyone's ire at me daring to question Paul, or the Bible as being inerrent.

Have I shown you any "ire"? Don't you see what you are doing? You say in the quote above, "I blame myself..." then proceed to [i]use[/i] that so-called "self-blame" to condemn everyone else for their "ire".

Don't you understand how dishonest that is?

This is what concerns me: Even worse than any alleged twisting of the Scriptures is the twisting in a human heart that is refusing to face Truth. Not theological truth this time, (important though that is) but the truth we discover when we dare to gaze deeply in the mirror of the Word, and catch a glimpse of ourselves.

The Truth that Jesus speaks about in John 3:21
[color=990000]21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.[/color]

It can be incredibly difficult, and often terrifying, to come into that Light, especially when we perhaps sense deep down that the mirror will show us something of ourselves that we don't want to see. As I can testify.

But I can also testify of the enormous release and transformation when we finally "come clean" and face up to that Truth.

As in 2Corinthians 3:18
[color=990000]But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.[/color]

James 1:22following
[color=990000]23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.[/color]

Love in Him

Truly

Jeannette

2008/1/22 18:13

Re:

[b]Let us all pray for Forrest. [/b] Remember she is seeking, she has asked some really shocking questions that have left all of us stunned. I am hoping that she'll find her answers and that this will all normalize itself out.

God Bless Everyone.

2008/1/22 19:07
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

I do not know if this question is still wanting but I wanted to offer my understanding of it.

There was a question in regards to Romans chapter 3 verse 3 where Paul writes:

"For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"

So what is Paul's "lie" here?

I think Paul is writting about [b]our unrighteousness[/b](verse 5) in failing to keep God's laws. Look back in chapter 2 also, verses 17-25. I think that builds up to this.

Later on I think he uses this same thing to assert that God is just in [b]justifying[/b] us through faith, apart from the works of the law.

I hope this will be helpfull,

Chris

2008/1/22 19:29Profile

Re: Who Anointed Paul???

On page 3, when it was posted, I saw this quote but bit my lip.

I feel because I mentioned this subject on the "Something Horrible" thread last year, as something that the Lord brought to my mind with a strong sense of uneasiness and having heard much about it in the past - I was very troubled.

Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Couldn't bring myself to respond at the time - but feel I should now because of the ignorance in it.

Quote:
Forrest wrote: 2008/1/15 0:26

I don't mind in the least going by the Noahide Laws

[url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+Noahide+Laws+decapitation&btnG=Search]Research The Noahide Laws - Please.[/url]

[i]The History of Freemasonry, by High Adept and Prince of Masonry Albert Mackey, provides the sequel to the Gnostic version of the account of Noah:
"After Noah’s emergence from the Ark, he is said to have promulgated seven precepts for the government of the new race of men of whom he was to be the progenitor... (1) To do justice (2) Worship God (3) Abstain from idolatry (4) Preserve chastity (5) Do not commit murder (6) Do not steal (7) Do not eat blood." 33.

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion, these regulations, which are known as the Noahide Laws, derive from a Cabalistic interpretation of the Torah. 34. Essentially these laws are condensed from a 1990 edition of the Institute of Judaic-Christian Researcher:
"(1) Thou shalt not engage in idol worship. (2) Thou shalt not blaspheme God. (3) Thou shalt not shed innocent blood. (4) Thou shalt not engage in bestial, incestuous, adulterous or homosexual relations not commit the act of rape. (5) Thou shalt not steal. (6) Thou shalt establish laws and courts of law to administer these laws, including the death penalty for those who kill, administered only if there is one testifying eyewitness. (7) Thou shalt not be cruel to animals."

Author of Rapture Watch, Jamma M., warns of this insidious revision of the Ten Commandments: "The danger of these laws is very subtle. Who will determine what is classified as an idol? Which God or gods are they speaking of? Who will define blasphemy of the god of choice? The Old Testament required 2 or 3 witnesses for a death sentence and strictly forbade the execution of a person by the word of one witness (Deut. 17:6)"
According to Albert Mackey, the Noahide laws were intended to regulate the conduct of both Jews and Gentiles: "These seven obligations...are held binding on all men, inasmuch as all are descendants of Noah, and the Rabbins maintain that he who observes them, though he not be an Israelite, has a share in the future life, and it is the duty of every Jew to enforce their due observance wherever he has the power to do so."

The Encyclopedia Of Judaism lists the same seven laws, which "…are felt to represent at least a formulation of basic, intuitive ‘natural law’...as a mechanism for non-Jews to be governed under Jewish jurisdiction." The entry mentions further that: "Full-page ads in the New York Times and other newspapers have proclaimed: ‘All nations of the world: Fulfill the 7 universal Noahide Laws given to you in the Torah of Moses.’"

The Encyclopedia then bluntly asserts the appropriate penalty for disobedience: "One additional element of greater severity is that violation of any one of the seven laws subjects the Noahide to capital punishment by decapitation. (Sanh. 57A)"

It is not common knowledge that the U.S. House of Representatives passed a Joint Resolution on March 20, 1991 by which the Noahide Laws became Public Law #102-14, after passage by both Houses of Congress and the signature of former President George Bush. A Rabbi Schneerson, the messianic leader of a worldwide ultra-orthodox sect known as The Lubavitch Movement, as being responsible for this unknown law.

"The Resolution reads in part: ‘Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws... Whereas the Lubavitch movement has fostered and promoted these ethical values and principles throughout the world... Now, therefore be it resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress Assembled, that March 26, 1991, the start of the ninetieth year of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, leader of the worldwide Lubavitch movement, is designated as ‘Education Day, U.S.A.’ The President is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities."[/i]

2008/1/23 0:30

Re:

[url=http://www.google.com/search?q=Public+Law+%23102-14&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1]Even Messianic Sites[/url]

2008/1/23 0:49
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Enough!

[b]To designate March 26, 1991, as `Education Day, U.S.A.'. (Enrolled as Agreed to or Passed by Both House and Senate)[/b]

--H.J.Res.104--

H.J.Res.104

[b][i]One Hundred Second Congress of the United States of America[/i][/b]

[i]AT THE FIRST SESSION[/i]

Begun and held at the City of Washington on Thursday, the third day of January,

one thousand nine hundred and ninety-one

Joint Resolution

To designate March 26, 1991, as `Education Day, U.S.A.'.

Whereas Congress recognizes the historical tradition of ethical values and principles which are the basis of civilized society and upon which our great Nation was founded;

Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;

Whereas without these ethical values and principles the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos;

Whereas society is profoundly concerned with the recent weakening of these principles that has resulted in crises that beleaguer and threaten the fabric of civilized society;

Whereas the justified preoccupation with these crises must not let the citizens of this Nation lose sight of their responsibility to transmit these historical ethical values from our distinguished past to the generations of the future;

Whereas the Lubavitch movement has fostered and promoted these ethical values and principles throughout the world;

Whereas Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, leader of the Lubavitch movement, is universally respected and revered and his eighty-ninth birthday falls on March 26, 1991;

Whereas in tribute to this great spiritual leader, `the rebbe', this, his ninetieth year will be seen as one of `education and giving', the year in which we turn to education and charity to return the world to the moral and ethical values contained in the Seven Noahide Laws; and

Whereas this will be reflected in an international scroll of honor signed by the President of the United States and other heads of state: Now, therefore, be it

[i]Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled[/i], That March 26, 1991, the start of the ninetieth year of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, leader of the worldwide Lubavitch movement, is designated as `Education Day, U.S.A.'. The President is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.
Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Vice President of the United States and

President of the Senate.

[url=http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c102:H.J.RES.104.ENR:]The Library of Congress[/url]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are two different things going on here. One, the content and derivatives of these 'Noahide laws' themselves, the interpretations thereof and so forth. As it applies to that which was raised here earlier fair enough if they wish to be appealed to and we would strongly disagree, that is to just the stating of them, it is appreciated for even I had gone right past the comment. However ...

Quote:
It is not common knowledge that the U.S. House of Representatives passed a Joint Resolution on March 20, 1991 by which the [u]Noahide Laws became Public Law #102-14[/u], after passage by both Houses of Congress and the signature of former President George Bush. A Rabbi Schneerson, the messianic leader of a worldwide ultra-orthodox sect known as The Lubavitch Movement, as being responsible for this unknown [b]law[/b].

That is completely [i]false[/i]. It is [i]not[/i] a law as a plain reading of what it's purposes are is contained and explained within the resolution itself.

This needs to stop. Enough with these frivolous conspiracy's.

2008/1/23 8:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy