SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Will you really stay away this time?

I think so, Dorcas, I feel that I cannot visit SI for a while, although it can be tempting. I have engaged in many great discussion in the past, but that season is behind me.

As God sees fit, he will bring us together - maybe in the future.

Diane

2008/1/20 18:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
Now I ask this in a pure sincere manner because all the goings on here lately, some might think I am being sarcastic or something but this is not the case, what if maybe the person just died like an hour ago would it still be impossible for us to ask the Father in Faith through Prayer to bring this person back to life, could this person be brought back to life?

Bill, I'm sure as long as they haven't been sucked into the big bright light...sure.

I was talking about bodies in the grave. The only resurrection to life will be at the first resurrection. Jesus said I AM the Resurrection.

Those outside of Christ will be raised at the second resurrection......

Blessed are those who have part of the First Resurrection.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/21 10:01

Re: Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

Hi Bill,

Sorry I didn't notice your post until today. Katy raises an interesting query about 'the big bright light' but I don't know how we can know...

Quote:
what if maybe the person just died like an hour ago would it still be impossible for us to ask the Father in Faith through Prayer to bring this person back to life, could this person be brought back to life?

I believe the scriptural accounts of these raisings from the dead deserve closer scrutiny, as they have more in common even at first glance, than simply a dead person in each account. One of those factors appears to be a family or community which is in mourning, to receive the person back from death.

I don't know if there are other ways to read this, but the story of the prodigal son comes to mind, and its links to Romans 11. Where is the faith?

2008/1/21 10:44
psalm1

Re:

Katy, Keep it simple. If you look at it another way everything fits.
The bible says we are married to one who is raised from the dead.
Also Rom. 8;11 says But if the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwell in you.....
Jesus demonstrated his power through signs, wonders and miracles.
He is still alive today. He does what he did then.
"the devil comes but for to steal,kill, and destroy....I come that ye might have life, and that more abundantly"
Peter, Elijah, Jesus and others raised the dead and we are commanded to raise the dead.
But if any of us look too deeply into "the objections" of raising the dead we never will.

My personal motive in this is that I believe we can snatch a soul from the devil.
I am not interested in those that have died in Christ. I believe they are in good hands.
I have a vision of starting a church and having lots of members in the assembly that were raised from the dead.
I also have a vision of starting a team of downs syndrome prayer warriors that lay hands on the sick.
Get this picture .....you walk into a situation in a home or hospital or on the street with a team of warriors, some with downs syndrome, and some that have recently been raised from the dead. They dont have a faith issue, me and my team will be "dumb" enough to just believe Jesus is alive and still does miracles and the bible is true.

David

2008/1/21 11:18Profile

Re:

Psalms 1, yes, please keep it simple. You are talking about preaching the Gospel of salvation.

Those who have repented, and received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior have been raised up together with Him, a New Creation. This is being Born Again.

We have now only a deposit of our coming complete redemption of our glorified Bodies. That will come at the first resurrection.

But I find it is misleading to use that expression, resurrection the dead, along side scripture of bringing physically dead people back to life as one in the same.

We are SPIRITUALLY reborn...This is a difference between night and day.

Even Dorcas is wondering if it doesn't mean the Prodical son returning to his Fathers house.

That is called Repentance, as the scriptures all ready indicate he was a son to begin with, a totally different subject.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/21 11:28

Re: Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

Hello Katy, David and others,

I don't have time at this moment to write all that's on my heart to share, for the Lord put some things together from scripture with me this morning, but I would like to recommend this sermon by Carter Conlon [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1982]When Death hears the Voice of God[/url].

Description:
[i]A terrific message using the resurrection of Lazarus to illustrate the purpose of the gospel; This is about those who are in the grave of sin being lifted from spiritual and physical death to life, by moving to the sound of His voice now.[/i]

This word displays a mastery of scripture and truth, to encourage faith. Please do listen to it if you can and apart from the blessing of the word itself, let's share if and what it contributes to this discussion.

:-D

2008/1/22 10:33
psalm1

Re:

Katy, resurection is the end result of a dead person being raised from the dead....is it not?
It is in my bible, it happened with the apostles and with Jesus and it is happening today.

If you reject it then so be it,

David

2008/1/22 16:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
Katy, resurection is the end result of a dead person being raised from the dead....is it not?

Yes, this is called the New Birth, and those in Christ have been raised up together with Him and seated with Christ in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

When Jesus returns, THEN will be the completion of the resurrection of our physical life, as our bodies will be fashioned like His.

Those Born Again live on the Resurrection side of the Cross now.

We live in the Power of His resurrection.

When have I ever rejected this?

We don't walk around now in our Glorified bodies.

Katy

2008/1/22 16:19
psalm1

Re:

Lazarus and Taditha were not born again.

David

2008/1/22 16:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy