SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Dorcas, here is a promise to Israel that applies to the 1000 Year Kingdom Reign:

This certainly doesn't apply to today, and it isn't talking about heaven...for no sinner will enter Heaven. Babies dying at 100? Doesn't sound like heaven either, as in Heaven we have eternal life.....no one will be dying or counting years.

Also in Heaven, Jesus said, I go and prepare a place for you....so we won't be building our own house in Heaven either.

So, can you say this prophecy has all ready been fulfilled? If so, When? and if not, why would God make a promise and then not keep.

Or if you are implying when Jesus first came, He came as King to fulfill these promises to the Jews, and their rejection of Him cancelled out this promise, with many more.......

then exactly where would you be today apart from the death and resurrection life of Christ In You....would that have been cancelled out too, and not redemption for Gentiles, only promises to Jews?

We see Jesus first came and aged....just like everyone else....and also left Glory for us...

How then, if Jesus left Glory, could He at that time have Reigned in Glory?

Just food for thought!

My point is Dorcas, Just as Israel confused the TWO comings of Messiah Redeemer, Messiah King, as two totally different agenda's, so does the Church today make this same mistake. We see it didn't work out too well for most of Israel not understanding the two separate events with two totally different agenda's, I wonder how this will affect the professing church today? Not good I'm afraid!!

Isaiah 65:20-22

20There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Love in Christ
Katy ;-)

2008/1/10 8:56

Re: Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

Annie said,

Quote:
I found this link of a scroll quite unusual -

Apart from the surprise element, I found it most informative as far as I read. Don't know if I'll read it all.

It reminded me of the days I used to try to live the resurrection life, without having embraced first the death which entitled me to it. So Israel appears to believe she can inherit the land, without having made the necessary spiritual journey through Calvary.

But the title given to Mr Bush sent me scurrying to my Bible for further clarity on who Gog is, and also, Meshech and Tubal. I hadn't realised with my understanding, that Reuben had been completely disinherited, and that's how Jacob was able to give Joseph's children his portion. Nor, that as a disinherited son of Jacob, he is in a similar predicament to Esau - and that these two are much more closely related to each other and 'Israel', than to 'the nations' technically, though they may find themselves on the same side - against the Lord's people.

2008/1/10 9:46

Re:

Quote:
It reminded me of the days I used to try to live the resurrection life, without having embraced first the death which entitled me to it. So Israel appears to believe she can inherit the land, without having made the necessary spiritual journey through Calvary

Interesting this is the New Covenant promised to Israel.

Now just because we don't know HOW God is going to do this, as His ways are not ours, we DO know He has promised to do it.

Again, if Israel had not crucified the Lord, and they would have accepted Jesus as King then and there...they certainly WOULD have received these promises WITHOUT any death and resurrection life.

Ezekiel 36:24For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

29I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

30And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.

31Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

32Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

33Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.

34And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.

35And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

36Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

37Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.

38As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Love in Christ
Katy ;-)

2008/1/10 10:18

Re:

Quote:
But the title given to Mr Bush sent me scurrying to my Bible for further clarity on who Gog is, and also, Meshech and Tubal. I hadn't realised with my understanding, that Reuben had been completely disinherited, and that's how Jacob was able to give Joseph's children his portion.

I also scurried to my Bible and see no such evidence of waht you are talking about!

Revelation 7:4
And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

Revelation 7:5
From the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand, from the tribe of Gad twelve thousand,

Revelation 7:6
from the tribe of Asher twelve thousand, from the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand, from the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand,

Revelation 7:7
from the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand, from the tribe of Levi twelve thousand, from the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand,

Revelation 7:8
from the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand, from the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand, from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed.

Jacob (Israel) had twelve sons. As we can see, the 144,000 are taken from the 12 sons/tribes of Israel. One of the tribes, the tribe of Dan, is not picked, and the tribe of Joseph gets a double portion (Joseph and one of his sons, Manasseh). Israel was the name that God gave Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham.

Why does Joseph get a double portion, and why is Dan not included?

Love in Christ
Katy ;-)

2008/1/10 10:28
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I also scurried to my Bible and see no such evidence of waht you are talking about!

Katy, you must not have been looking in the [url=http://www.amazon.com/Prophecy-Special-Limited-Collector-Leather/dp/1884137881]Jack Van Impe Prophecy Bible[/url].

MC

2008/1/10 11:07Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Dorcas, here is a promise to Israel that applies to the 1000 Year Kingdom

Interesting, because if indeed Christ returns to Earth and literally reigns for 1000 years, then how could there be another "fall" afterwards?

Consider the questions posed in the following excerpt from Kim Riddlebarger's site-

[i]There are several serious weaknesses with premillennialism. The first weakness is that premillenniarians have to explain how it is that people make it through the return of Christ and yet remain in natural bodies. Jesus taught that his return marks the end of the age (Matthew 13:39) and that after his return, people no longer marry or are given in marriage (Luke 20:34-36). At Christ's return, he judges the world, making it tough for someone to be judged and yet not eternally condemned or rewarded with eternal life (Matthew 25:31-46). This is especially problematic for premillennarians, since they claim that their view is based upon a "literal" interpretation of prophecy. Where, then, is the one-thousand year gap between the return of Christ and the judgment (which, according to premillennarians takes place at the end of the millennium) when Jesus teaches that judgment takes place at his return? Those who take the Bible "literally" find themselves having to insert a gap into the biblical text which isn't there.

The other problem with premillennialism is, if it be true, there is a great apostasy on the earth after one thousand years of Christ's rule (Revelation 20:7-10). If there cannot be people on earth in natural bodies during the thousand years (which supposedly comes after Christ returns), then who are the people who revolt against Christ at the end of the millennium? And that after Christ's own rule? It makes much more sense to see Revelation 20:1-10 as a description of the entire inter-advental age, since the scene takes place in heaven where the thrones are (vv. 1-6), before shifting to the earth in verses 7-10.[/i]

Not looking to debate, but if there is no literal 1000 years, many are going to be in for a real surprise, especially when they're not "raptured" away.

God's grace to you.

2008/1/10 11:28Profile

Re:

Compton,

Do you mean THIS Jack Van Impe? :-?

http://www.biblicist.org/bible/vanimpe.shtml

I've always been highly suspect about anyone naming anything after themselves. :-o

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/10 11:54
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Do you mean THIS Jack Van Impe?

Yes.

I know that none of his predictions have ever come true. However I've been learning that in modern prophecy, even if the specific names, places, events, and dates described within are false, we can still hold the essence of the message to be true.

MC

2008/1/10 12:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
I know that none of his predictions have ever come true. However I've been learning that in modern prophecy, even if the specific names, places, events, and dates described within are false, we can still hold the essence of the message to be true.

Compton, what exactly is your definition of a false prophet?

Deut states clearly that a false prophet is one who's predictions DO NOT come to pass.

There are no false prophecies in scripture, but false prophets are.

Study to show yourselves approved rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul claimed many false prophets were saying the resurrection had all ready come and gone....referring to the resurrection of the dead, not to Christ, and were subverting the faith of many. He didn't take the view you have, that it really didn't matter, because it will happen one day anyway.

Love in Christ
Katy

PS: Here is the text:

One form of departing from iniquity is departing from false teachers, as we see here!
2 Timothy 2:17-19

17And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2008/1/10 13:16

Re:

Compton, Part 2:

God says:

Ephesians 5:11"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them."

If some pastor/teacher or "Christian" leader refuses to expose works of darkness (By the way, false teachers are workers of darkness, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15) they are:

1. Refusing to obey the Word of God, ***Ephesians 5:11.

2. Not hating evil, showing they don't fear God.***Proverbs 8:13

3. Exposing themselves as a hireling, (one who does not care about the sheep)*****Matthew 23:28.

They give the appearance that they care about the sheep , but the fact they're not warning about the false teachers of our day and exposing them shows they really don't care about the sheep. And this alone identifies them as a false teacher (a hireling, a wage earner, someone who is in it for the money,

*****1 Timothy 6:5; 2 Peter 2:15).

Not only do false teachers not expose, they also give hearty approval OR make up lame excuses for false teachers and false MODERN DAY PROPHETS ***Luke 6:26.

They not only refuse to expose the unfruitful works of darkness, but they also have fellowship with them by exalting them as godly men.

What is a Modern Day (False) Prophet? I've never heard of such a term, unless it is one who comes under the above definition. One who abides in the Modern Day of Political Correctness, above that of being Spiritually Correct....Holding to teh Doctrines of Christ...from Genesis to Revelation.

Love in Christ
Katy

:-)

2008/1/10 13:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy