SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7178195.stm]BBC news page on this story. Links have been copied below.[/url]

US President George W Bush has arrived in Israel on a landmark visit to the region to try to advance peace talks between the Israelis and Palestinians.

Mr Bush was met by President Shimon Peres and PM Ehud Olmert.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7170000/newsid_7178700?redirect=7178718.stm&news=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1&bbwm=1&asb=1]Watch President Bush's short speech on arrival at Tel Aviv. This is worth watching.[/url]

From the link above, you can also watch:

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7170000/newsid_7176600?redirect=7176682.stm&news=1&bbwm=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1&bbram=1&asb=1]Condoleza Rice not expecting 'great breakthroughs'[/url]

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7170000/newsid_7178700?redirect=7178712.stm&news=1&nbram=1&nbwm=1&bbram=1&bbwm=1&asb=1]President Bush welcomed to Israel[/url]

and

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7170000/newsid_7178900?redirect=7178915.stm&news=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&nbram=1&asb=1]President Bush's role in the talks explained[/url]

2008/1/9 8:21

Re: Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK

I watched a documentary not long ago, that went back to 1948 when Israel become a nation again, the year I was born, no connection, just thinking outloud. The story told of past US Presidents and Ambassadors who urged Israel to give land for peace. Almost ever time it happened, some sort of disaster, natural or otherwise would followed in the US or other places. The story told often it was within hours or only days. I'm am not giving any phophecy here but this story might be worth watching to see if the story I watched has any substance this time. I am a George Bush supporter, but don't agree with him on trying to broker any land for peace in Israel at their expense. It wouldn't make any difference what the agreement was, the Palestinians would violate it within days anyway. Something else the story told. Arafat's grandfather was related to and involved in the Hitler movement. What is the President thinking? I guess he has more info than I to ponder with. At least I hope so.

2008/1/9 11:51

Re:

Quote:
I watched a documentary not long ago, that went back to 1948 when Israel become a nation again, the year I was born, no connection, just thinking outloud.

http://www.greatpreachers.org/beware.html

In reply to your comments here, this may be of interest. These are actual facts. I was aware of the 911 not so coincidental....but then again, I am and have always been more than interested in the affairs of Israel.

This is what we should be keeping our WATCH on!!

Not to mention incidents after these.

I know people will scoff...however I don't.

For what it's worth......

Love in Christ
Katy

:-)

2008/1/9 16:43
suzy

Devon, England

We need to pray that George Bush and Condoleesa Rice really see what it is like to live in Israel with rockets being fired into the country daily, and people living in constant fear of suicide bombers or perhaps something nuclear from Iran. I hope that they both get to hear the other side, that there are Israelis who not in favour of a 2-state answer, let alone Jerusalem being handed over to a foreign power. I am pleased to know that there was a law passed in 1980 that forbids any part of Jerusalem to be handed over to a foreign entity; it would need to be discussed in the Knesset, and another law passed to permit this. Somehow, I can't see any Israeli wanting to have places in Jerusalem where rockets and bombs can be stored. Olmert can promise all he likes; it has to be passed in the Knessett. "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." Zechariah 12 v 3.

Israel is God's land; "The Land shall not be sold permanently, for the Land is Mind ..." Leviticus 25.v.23

"... I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave my land to themselves as a possession ..." Ezekiel 36.v.5.

And as for Jerusalem, well, that's God's city, too: "O Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our fathers have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us." Daniel 9 v 16 and
"O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name." Daniel 9 19.

What would happen to you if you tried to give away your neighbour's land and property? What would happen if you try to give away God's land and property? I don't believe even the Israelis have any right to dispose of it as they wish; they have been given the land in the very first instance by God.

Mr Olmert, Mr Bush and Ms Rice cannot give one inch to anyone. They aren't even Israelis! They will have God to answer to - and unfortunately, I believe the USA will also have to answer for their deeds, and any other nation that participates, and that could well include the UK, as Tony Blair is somewhere on the sidelines.

Pray that pressure will not be brought to bear on anyone. Let the Israelis and Palestinians do the talking and bargaining in their own time frame, not Bush's. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and Israel.

Suzy

2008/1/9 18:11Profile

Hi suzy,

I just discovered this evening that you're in Devon. :-)

Quote:
as Tony Blair is somewhere on the sidelines.

I'd had this in the back of my mind, but you know he is a middle east peace envoy now, officially, so I'm wondering if President Bush taking the limelight somewhat conceals Mr Blair's presence in Israel - or, if he is working in Maryland at the other 'peace' conference which is running till later this year.

2008/1/9 18:34

Re:

Ezekiel 28:26
And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.

I really wondered about this road to peace....kicking people out of their homes so others could occupy.

Didn't that happen during the Holocaust? Isn't that REALLY illegal. How would you feel if someone came along and said.....leave your home, we've given it to another.

They had no choice, or else they and their families would be arrested.

If it can happen to them...it can happen to anyone, anywhere. Democracy???? Is this Democracy??? :-? I didn't think Democracy gave into terrorists.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/9 18:59

'I didn't think Democracy gave into terrorists.'

Might it be part fulfilment of this?

Deuteronomy 28:15, then

30 Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: [i]thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein:[/i]

2008/1/9 20:22

Re:

I found this link of a scroll quite unusual -

Brother Dusty posted this over at RS.

http://www.templeinstitute.org/megillat-bush.htm

'A cup of trembling.' Seems so.

2008/1/10 0:44
suzy

Devon, England

Re:

Hi Dorcas,

Yes, I live in Exeter in sunny Devon, which is rather wet and washed out currently! Where do you live?

Tony Blair has been an unpaid envoy for the Quartet of Middle East peace negotiator - US, UN, Russia and the EU - in fact, almost the whole world I have just realised!!

Today I heard that he has taken a job with one of Wall Street's leading investment bank JP Morgan for a large salary no doubt.

Were you aware that his office in Jerusalem is on the Hill of Evil Counsel? - rather appropriately named!

Hi HE_Reigns

- very interesting reading. I hope Bush, Rice and company unlimited - including Olmert - read it and act correctly. Praise God, He is in charge.

We continue to pray.

Suzy

2008/1/10 7:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
Might it be part fulfilment of this?

Deuteronomy 28:15, then

30 Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein:

Not sure Dorcas, but look at what God spoke AFTER that!!!

Ezekiel 28:25-26

25Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.

26And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.

Love in Christ
Katy ;-)

2008/1/10 8:34

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy