SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do we really want Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
frazier72

Do we really want Revival

I am so thankful that I was led to this site, the sermons and the forums have really been food for my soul. I am given great joy that there are many on here who really have a heart to see revival breakout, whether it is in oneself, local or nationwide.
I have read so much of Tozer and Ravenhill speak about the lack of intercessors being a large of problem. As Leonard Ravenhill says of his father before he died," Everyone wants my mantle, but noone wants my sackcloth and ashes." In other words, everyone speaks about wanting revival, but nobody wants to pay the price. I know I have been measured and found wanting, oh wretched man that I am. I am filled with tears as I type this, because I desperately pray to truely have a heart that is burdened for the lost. I desperately pray by God's grace to bow before Him in brokeness to wait on the Lord. I deperately pray that men and womens hearts be poured out to the Lord with one and only desire, THAT GOD ALMIGHTY BE GLORIFIED NO MATTER THE COST.

Day by day I find that the only solice I have is in HIM. That my quiet time with the Lord in prayer and Word, is the only time I feel satisfied and joy unspeakable. I pray this is your heart, and that the thought of the Modern Church, the state of humanity, the insignificant size of our own spirituality brings us broken and humble crying out to God. Amen.

2008/1/6 0:39Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Do we really want Revival

Quote:

frazier72 wrote:

" Everyone wants my mantle, but noone wants my sackcloth and ashes."

I desperately pray by God's grace to bow before Him in brokeness to wait on the Lord.

I deperately pray that men and womens hearts be poured out to the Lord with one and only desire, THAT GOD ALMIGHTY BE GLORIFIED NO MATTER THE COST.

I pray this is your heart, and that the thought of the Modern Church, the state of humanity, the insignificant size of our own spirituality brings us broken and humble crying out to God. Amen.

...This is so good. Thank you for this.

"To this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at My word."

AD

2008/1/6 1:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy