Hi Chris

Lott when Sodom was destroyed.

2008/1/7 6:37Profile
whyme

Re:

Every child of God.

2008/1/7 8:49Profile

Re:

I don't know how accurate this account is, but heard some years ago of missionaries (in Africa I think) who ran a children's home.

There was a terrible famine, and they were unable to get any help. At last they ran out of food completely. The leaders prayed and felt God wanted them to meet at mealtimes and give thanks as if they had food. Instead of eating they had Bible study and worship.

After several months of doing this, when everyone else was dying of starvation, they and the children were fine!

Amazing!

in Him

Jeannette

2008/1/7 12:14

Re:

Isa 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

2008/1/7 12:16
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

Preparation for the End Times:

1. Seek God (intimately through prayer, worship and study of the Word).
2. Tell others about Him.
3. Fear not.
4. Repeat #1-#3 until He comes.

:-)

(Couldn’t resist)

;-)

2008/1/7 14:52Profile

Re: ccchhhrrriiisss

It's like a recipe

2008/1/7 16:07

Re: Preparation for the end times

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
This is a question for those of us who beleive that we will be key players in the end days and not pre-tribed.

Lately, It has been onmy mind to prepare for the end days and the coming NWO. I was wondering what others are doing to prepare. Are you buying land, praparing with food stocks, shelters, etc... Do you consider this wise or foolish?

Currently I have been plotting to buy some land up north and get things ready for the end days. I think that the great thing about getting some land and a shelter (whatever you want to put on it) is good for a few reasons. First is to be prepared and have an additional place to hide out, at least to begin with. Second is that regardless if it happens in my life time or not, I would be able to pass this land and shelter on to my famil (believers included) for if and when the last days come during thier lifetime. Thirdly, it makes a great fishing retreat for the weekends :-)

Also, it seems that the best places to have this land would be far from civilization, or at least as far away as you can get. Thoughts on areas?

Feel free to share what you are doing if you feel open and allowed to.

Miccah,

I don't mean to cut your dream down but I think I'd keep it as a fishing retreat!! I had a dream a few months back and in it, deception covered the world in a matter of hours. Not years, hours!! In the dream there was no time to get prayed up or read up. If you were not rooted and grounded; you were deceived. Take it for what it's worth.

I must ask, is it the Lord advising you to buy this land in order to save your physical life?? When he told us plainly to lay it down and not seek to save it!!! Jesus told us to "not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. (Read all Matthew 6.25-34).

I don't know, I'm just throwing this question out there, but if we are hiding way off in the wilderness somewhere, what good are we to Christ? Who are we ministering to? I mean we're hiding, not proclaiming. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me.

This Scripture came to mind, it's Jesus' letter to the persecuted Church:

I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. ~ Revelation 3.18 NASB
I could be wrong but the final days will separate the men from the boys so to speak. I know bodily I'm a woman but in the spiritual realm, I desire to be a valiant man of faith. That is my desire for the rest of my days whether I am here for final battle or not!!!! Glory to HIS Name!!! Blessed be the name of the Lord!!

2008/1/7 18:43

Re:

Quote:

richardf wrote:
It's like a recipe

Or a doctor's prescription: "Take three times a day, before meals, with plenty of water"

Moses took the tablets too :lol:

Jeannette

2008/1/7 19:12
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Good examples all.

I came across Proverbs 14:26 today and it seems appropriate also.

I think it was Brother Darryl that mentioned Corrie Ten Boom. That made me think of the story of how she got the Bible into where they were being held?

Chris

2008/1/7 20:57Profile

Re: Preparation for the end times

ChrisJD recommended for our meditation:

Proverbs 14:26
In the fear of the LORD [i]there is[/i] strong confidence,
And His children will have a place of refuge.

Amen, Chris.

Intens4Him wrote

Quote:
I had a dream a few months back and in it, [u]deception covered the world in a matter of hours[/u]. [b][i]Not years, hours!![/i][/b] In the dream there was no time to get prayed up or read up. If you were not rooted and grounded; you were deceived. Take it for what it's worth.

Lisa,

Thank you for sharing this.

American Christianity has taken a lot of flack over various threads here, but from my objective distance, it seems remarkable that SI alone is found by a significant number of those who have dreams and visions, to warn those of us who don't (have dreams and visions). The urgency you feel to tell others, may be a corollary symptom of your sense of living among many who don't 'know', and this is challenging me.... Do I 'know'? What do I 'know'? Do I 'know' what I need to or am I missing something vital? Getting answers to these is certainly food for prayer.

Your other points of reply agree with my thinking, but do they agree with my doing? Thank you for the general challenge.

And thanks, Miccah for a leading post which draws us on to a deeper walk.

2008/1/8 8:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy