SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Practical help in Reading the Bible through multiple times throughout the year

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
by MSeaman on 2008/1/9 8:38:36

Keith Daniel says in "Word of God" that his father read the Bible 68 times in 9 years and every prayer that he ever prayed was answered immediately...

I [i]just[/i] finished listening to this sermon! Oh, how I love this brother! If anyone can listen to this sermon and not begin to ravenously read the Bible faithfully, daily, I would begin to question that person's salvation!

2008/1/17 23:11Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

I haven't watched television in almost four years now. It took about 18 months for the effect of Hollywood, the media and advertising to wear off of me. Now, when I hear of a murder, I feel it and my heart aches for the families involved. I'm no longer brainwashed by advertising's "Make YOUR life easier!" "YOU deserve the best!" My life has simplified and I live with so much less "stuff." I can think for myself again and see these "things" for what they are... distractions.

I say this because my desires have changed even more. I still have a television, for DVD viewing only. I haven't watched it in a while now so I've decided to just get rid of the TV altogether.

I have a renewed fervor to be in the Word as much as possible. I desire to walk as closely with God as any man is capable of doing and no thing is going to tempt me away from that goal!

Keith Daniel said that Andrew Murray wrote only one thing inside his Bible, on the back of the cover. [b] "Sin will keep me from the Bible, but the Bible will keep me from sin."[/b]

2008/1/17 23:29Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
"Sin will keep me from the Bible, but the Bible will keep me from sin."

leonard ravenhill says the same thing in "why revival tarries". he says [b]"praying will keep you from sinning, and sinning will keep you from praying"[/b].

isn't it awesome that the Lord changes our desires when we forsake the world for Him. He truly is amazing.

phil

2008/1/18 12:07Profile

Re: Practical help in Reading the Bible through multiple times throughout the year

bump

2008/1/25 14:58
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

bump.

God used this thread a couple months back to really get me back into reading the word. maybe He will do it for someone else who needs it as well.

praise His holy Name!!

phil

2008/2/28 8:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I hope many can read this and be encouraged to read the bible more:

http://www.kjv-asia.com/read_your_bible_.htm

2008/2/28 9:17Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

I agree with the one who said, "This may be the most important thread this year."

I have one question and one statement. Question first: I have been struggling lately with getting up at my appointed time and faithfully reading the word according to the plan I have in place. Does this happen to anyone out there? And when this happens, I struggle with the doubts and questions that come up, "Well, has God really told you to do this...or is it from your own flesh/strength that you have implemented this reading plan?" These doubts have derailed me in the past, I wish it to never happen again. Can anyone share some experiences you have with this?

Statement: It is amazing the breadth of understanding the Lord has blessed me with in just a few times reading the Bible through. I am not comparing myself to anyone else, for I am certainly a worm of a man, led by His Grace and love, but it has certainly given be a more sure and certain foundation! All praise to God!

In the light of this, though, I still have nagging doubts and suspicions...

being transparent,

rich

2008/2/28 10:04Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy