SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecution

[b]Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecution[/b]

The founder of Gospel for Asia says while persecution is increasing worldwide for Christians, he believes it will soon impact believers in America -- and K.P. Yohannan says they need to get ready for it.

Persecution against Christians is increasing worldwide, especially in countries such as India, where attacks on churches and Christians by Hindu extremists have increased dramatically. In fact, when missionaries graduate from Gospel for Asia (GFA) Bible colleges, they are told to expect persecution -- and perhaps even death -- for spreading the gospel.

According to GFA founder K.P. Yohannan, Christians in those countries expect such treatment and are prepared when the tough times come. But he believes Christians in America will soon be faced with persecution as well -- and he is fearful that many are not ready.

"The great falling-away from faith could be worst here in [America] because people are absolutely not prepared to face suffering or persecution -- because we cannot imagine a gospel with the cross and the suffering in it," says Yohannan. "Yet the Bible teaches very strong about it. So as the Word of God says: He who has ears, let him hear."

The ministry leader is convinced that prosperity has caused many Christians in America to focus on material possessions instead of surrendering all to Christ. The result, he says, is that American Christians have become "very naïve" in thinking that real persecution will never come their way.

"These are warning signs," he exclaims. "God is telling us [that] we need to prepare our lives. And preachers going around saying that revival is coming, and everything is okay, and all these things? I think that people are [being] set up for huge disaster and denying their faith when they face problems."

It is estimated that more than 16,000 Christians are martyred worldwide each year for their faith.

from: http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/12/ministry_founder_us_christians.php

2008/1/2 14:27Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecu

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

[b]Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecution[/b]

The founder of Gospel for Asia says while persecution is increasing worldwide for Christians, he believes it will soon impact believers in America -- and K.P. Yohannan says they need to get ready for it...he believes Christians in America will soon be faced with persecution as well -- and he is fearful that many are not ready.

"The great falling-away from faith could be worst here in [America] because people are absolutely not prepared to face suffering or persecution -- because we cannot imagine a gospel with the cross and the suffering in it," says Yohannan. "Yet the Bible teaches very strong about it. So as the Word of God says: He who has ears, let him hear."
It is estimated that more than 16,000 Christians are martyred worldwide each year for their faith.

from: http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/12/ministry_founder_us_christians.php

Yes, and more to come. Somehow, many in North America seem to think that 'It could never happen here!'

Other's just think we'll all get out without a scratch before the Anti-Christ(singular, world-leader) sits down in the Temple that some Jews are so hopefully building.

And as much as I'd like to get out on the Angel Express before anything happens to any of us, I am not afraid to admit...I'm afraid!

Even so...Come quickly, Jesus!

Blessings,

Forrest

2008/1/2 23:30Profile
dohzman

Just thinking

I'm not sure one can prepare for persecution. I do believe that you can disciple your thinking to stay the course and than do just that, but at the moment of the crisis event there will also be a supply of God's grace. Enduring hardship as a soldier of Christ is another thing, many in America have never counted the cost to follow Jesus, they will grow weary of the journey and just plain stop following Jesus, especially as He exacts a life style of self denial the longer one genuinely follows Him. I would say that in America the biggest obstical will be the dissolution that will set into many who have been following Jesus under FALSE pretenses. As a country America has embraced a self centered gospel rather than a gospel of the cross.

2008/1/3 6:19Profile

Re: Just thinking

Quote:
I'm not sure one can prepare for persecution

I have to agree with you Dohzman. I am inclined to believe that if anyone has gone thru a series of extensive trials and hardships and if they endure that surely they will endure persecution. You gotta love the LORD in your trial or we'll only end up being complainers like Israel was in the wilderness.

Still, persecution will cause many to fall away. I just hope that I/we are not one of them.

2008/1/3 8:44
psalm1

It does strike me as strange that the one who emptied himself to be born of a human and walked the earth, basically with nothing,lived and died as the ultimate sacrifice.
This Is our leader our God and our example.
Persecution takes away options.
We can humble ourselves now or be humbled by .........
In a sense our destiny is determined by us.

David

2008/1/3 8:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
In a sense our destiny is determined by us.

The very thought of that is frightening, to think that our destiny is determined by us means that were doomed. I know not the way, "His word is a light unto my path". I am not a source of light, the source of oil doesn't come from me. He has mercy on us at His own will, He hardens whom He hardeneth. Clay has no will in the hands of the potter. If I had free will I would have run from Christ long ago. However, I thank God that I don't. It's by His will that I am where I am and I am thankful for that.

2008/1/3 11:57
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
I'm not sure one can prepare for persecution. I do believe that you can disciple your thinking to stay the course and than do just that, but at the moment of the crisis event there will also be a supply of God's grace. Enduring hardship as a soldier of Christ is another thing, many in America have never counted the cost to follow Jesus, they will grow weary of the journey and just plain stop following Jesus, especially as He exacts a life style of self denial the longer one genuinely follows Him. I would say that in America the biggest obstical will be the dissolution that will set into many who have been following Jesus under FALSE pretenses. As a country America has embraced a self centered gospel rather than a gospel of the cross.

I agree although I think this is the key: "I'm not sure one can prepare for persecution. I do believe that you can disciple your thinking to stay the course and than do just that" to whatever preparation there could possibly be done.

In the meantime, we need to be yoked together with the LORD and not worry.

Have a blessed year!
ginnyrose

2008/1/3 13:14Profile
psalm1

Re:

compliments, Read the 7 letters to the 7 churches. Then tell me we have absolutely no impact on our own destiny.
Would "future" be a more appropriate term?

Why would God have intercessors if it were not for answered prayer.
Moses stopped God From wiping out an entire race

David

2008/1/3 13:34Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

The Lord said

[b][color=660033]Sufficient unto the day [i]is[/i] the evil thereof. [/color][/b]

2008/1/4 20:25Profile
dohzman

Re:

Good word, good reminder :-)

2008/1/4 23:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy