SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bibles....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Bibles....

I found an intresting blogg on the subject of bibles, i am fortunate to own more then one. They facinate me and i like them alot :-) i think this site will be a good one for those looking to buy a new bible but dont know what to get....

[url=http://jmarkbertrand.typepad.com/bibledesign/]Bible design & Binding[/url]

I am now what i think is coveting the R. L. Allan's goatskin bibles, anyway interesting site for those who can afford and are fortunate enough to be able to own a bible, not to be taken for granted in our world.

Christian

2008/1/2 8:48Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Bibles....

That's an interesting blog, thanks for posting the link.

Do you know how long the goatskin cover last?

Jordan

2008/1/2 11:36Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well, id estimate it will last 20 years :-) i have heard testimony's saying so, so in the long run buying a well made bible will profit i believe . And the blog is very interesting, i have read much now there and i think i have this "bug" or "itch" . I do have nice bibles already....but..... a Allan made KJV Longprimer in goatskin..... or that ESV also by Allan.....

i got this thing for nice bibles.....anyone identify? or am i just strange :-D

2008/1/2 11:45Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

these ones seems to be very well made and worthy of buying[url=http://jmarkbertrand.typepad.com/bibledesign/2007/09/the-rl-allan-re.html]Nice bibles[/url]

2008/1/2 11:49Profile

hmmhmm?

I hope i understand in part on this. Would it be possible to get any Bible re-covered say in goatskin? Is this what they do or hopefully in part what they do? Sure would be wild to get our Newberry's changed into goatskin.

:-?

2008/1/2 11:55
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes in the blog there are some article about this, i think they spoke about around 100 dollars, but yes, you could rebind your Newberry in goatskin :-)

Now that is a nice bible :-)

2008/1/2 11:59Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

[url=http://jmarkbertrand.typepad.com/bibledesign/2007/12/a-rebound-esv-b.html]re-binding example[/url]

2008/1/2 12:00Profile

hmmhmm,

Hey thats not bad. 100 dollars for goatskin? Very nice indeed. Course you know thats how much that Bible cost to. Thank you.

:-)

2008/1/2 12:02
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
well, id estimate it will last 20 years :-) i have heard testimony's saying so, so in the long run buying a well made bible will profit i believe . And the blog is very interesting, i have read much now there and i think i have this "bug" or "itch" . I do have nice bibles already....but..... a Allan made KJV Longprimer in goatskin..... or that ESV also by Allan.....

i got this thing for nice bibles.....anyone identify? or am i just strange :-D

Wow, that would put me pretty close to being 40 years old. 8-) Probably by then it would look like Ray Comfort's big Bible. :-P

Thanks!

Jordan

2008/1/2 12:14Profile

Re:

I find this interesting... mind you, there is nothing wrong with getting your Bible refitted in goatskin, or buying a new one... but I have to wonder what our brothers in China or North Korea would think of this, considering they feel blessed to have one page of scripture smuggled in to them. I've read biographies of people behind to "iron curtain" who memorized whole books of the Bible because they were not allowed to have the Word of God in print.

Perhaps instead of spending over $100 on a Bible or cover, that money might be better spent giving it to a ministry that smuggles Bibles into places where our brethren have no scriptures.

Most of us here have multiple Bibles in our homes. I have about 9 KJV's in my house (this includes my wife's and my two older boys' Bibles), along with a shelf full of modern versions (used only to demonstrate to others why I reject them).

How blessed we are... and oh how terribly I take it all for granted.

Just a thought... no condemnation intended.

Krispy

2008/1/2 13:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy